Copenglenn    44

My Duramax tows our SV without a care in the world. I've towed it with our 5.3 Suburban and that's miserable. I couldn't imagine trying to tow with a V6, I bet it lives at the rev limiter. I definitely feel a lot safer towing in a 3/4 ton than any 1/2 ton or SUV.

• Like 2

h20king    794

^^^ I completely agree. Guys think about this a 4X4 F150 weighs 4350 pounds in an emergency you slam on the breaks with a 7300 pound boat behind you what do you think is going to happen ?

^^^ I completely agree. Guys think about this a 4X4 F150 weighs 4350 pounds in an emergency you slam on the breaks with a 7300 pound boat behind you what do you think is going to happen ?

The trailer has 4 wheel disc brakes. It stops the trailer. Even if it didn't, unless you have a dually, you still only have 4 tires on the road to stop you. The braking system on about any vehicle will be strong enough to lock the wheels in about any condition (in the absence of ABS), so not sure how a bigger vehicle helps. Actually the bigger vehicle may take longer to stop because it has additional weight. How much does the cab of a semi weigh vs. it's load?

• Like 2

Dreamer    96

Yup, four dics brakes on VW and very powerful (probably way more stopping power than a pickup) as well as four disc brakes on the trailer. The tandem trailer is quite stable so no worries.

Edited by Dreamer
  • Like 2

h20king    794

The trailer has 4 wheel disc brakes. It stops the trailer. Even if it didn't, unless you have a dually, you still only have 4 tires on the road to stop you. The braking system on about any vehicle will be strong enough to lock the wheels in about any condition (in the absence of ABS), so not sure how a bigger vehicle helps. Actually the bigger vehicle may take longer to stop because it has additional weight. How much does the cab of a semi weigh vs. it's load?

weight the load will push the rig .Do some research

h20king    794

it's weight of the rig vs weight of the load if the load is heavier than the rig it will push it much farther then a large tow rig. Like I said do as you please but I won't take the chance with my family's safety. Another factor is the hitch receiver weight rating it is not there on hall ton and smaller rigs. Do a search there is a thread about that as well. Just because it will pull it does not mean you should. I just can't understand why if someone can afford a 23 foot + tow boat that they can't afford a proper tow rig. I bought my truck for just that reason. I bought it end of 11 and am about to turn 21000 miles. I don't drive it daily or commute in it its just for the boat and camper. I ditched the 1/2 ton before I bought a boat over 21 feet.
  • Like 1

Yup, four dics brakes on VW and very powerful (probably way more stopping power than a pickup) as well as four disc brakes on the trailer. The tandem trailer is quite stable so no worries.

I would love to see a competition between just about any foreign SUV and a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton typical towing vehicle. I bet the pickup would get destroyed.

stoked    1,039

Speaking of that thread H, aren't you over weighted with the camper and boat? How's the stopping when you're completely loaded up? Our Jeep stops on a dime like the boat isn't even there which we need in MD/VA with all of the people cutting in front of you and slamming their brakes

• Like 1

h20king    794

I would love to see a competition between just about any foreign SUV and a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton typical towing vehicle. I bet the pickup would get destroyed.

are you not the same guy who gave us a public service warning about ballast install and overweighting our boats ? now advocating to tow with a receiver not rated for the load and an undersized vehicle you my friend crack me up. Im done with this post I gave my opinion you gave yours we will have to agree to disagree and the op can weight options and make a choice that works for them.

h20king    794

Speaking of that thread H, aren't you over weighted with the camper and boat? How's the stopping when you're completely loaded up? Our Jeep stops on a dime like the boat isn't even there which we need in MD/VA with all of the people cutting in front of you and slamming their brakes

no not overweight It is a 1 ton truck. We had the receiver upgraded larger leaf springs added and air bags.the Truck stops well with the set up plus we have an exhaust break. I spent extra $$ to make it as safe as possible.

Shaka    146

yep like I said almost any rig can tow it it is stopping that load in a emergency situation where the problem lies. There is no arguing that the breaks on a 1/2 ton or less are smaller than a 3/4 ton or bigger. Than throw in the exhaust break and there is just no comparison. My family means more to me than anything in the world so me personally will not risk it. You know what they say hope for the best but plan for the worst. JMTC

I tow with a Titan. I have no problems stopping towing my SV. The Eco Boost didn't either. While I agree there's a slight advantage having a bigger truck it's not really necessary nor is it appreciably more safe.

• Like 1

rrd525    40

Many of today's SUV's and half tons are capable of towing and stopping the boats, but how are you staying within the vehicle Payload? Rear axle limit? You can end up over your GVW so easy, yet still be under the GCVWR.

There are some SUVS and pickups with payload limits in the 1000 to 1100lb range, yet are capable of 6000lb tow ratings.

Power and brake wise the vehicle seems to handle fine, but the vehicle exceeds its design.

h20king    794

I tow with a Titan. I have no problems stopping towing my SV. The Eco Boost didn't either. While I agree there's a slight advantage having a bigger truck it's not really necessary nor is it appreciably more safe.

ok last post on this. During normal driving its fine. What im talking about is lock up the breaks emergency stop. We all have our opinions on this so like I said above let's agree to disagree. You will not change my opinion and im not going to change yours. I had a GMC half ton before the upgrade and I can tell you there is no comparison in both towing and stopping

Carter13    69

no not overweight It is a 1 ton truck. We had the receiver upgraded larger leaf springs added and air bags.the Truck stops well with the set up plus we have an exhaust break. I spent extra $$ to make it as safe as possible.

Harold,

Sorry bud but you know the MAX stock payload and tow specifications for your truck and you are 2000+ lbs. over when you tow your AF 811 with the 238 in tow.

Just so all of you here understand, adding aftermarket leaf springs or air bags DOES NOT EVER IN ANY WAY increase the manufacturers load ratings PERIOD. I have had the two main RV dealers here in Portland try and BS me when we were buying our camper in the past and just recently our fifth wheel. I got the same BS comment from them about adding air bags or springs and when I called them out about the fact that they don't increase the load capacity they backtracked and then started side stepping with the final comment as, "Yes you are correct."

For any of you looking to purchase one of these gigantic boats just make sure you are close to or just a bit over the max tow rating on your tow rig. Even a bit over could get you in trouble but a jury might have a problem trying to prove negligence.

Please for the love of God let's put this to rest that NO AFTERMARKET SPRINGS OR AIR BAGS in any way will increase the MANUFACTURERES LOAD RATING PERIOD.

Thank you and have a good night.

OUT

• Like 4

Nick213    583

LMAO these threads are so funny to me!

Like I said I've overloaded every truck I've ever had except my current 3/4 ton gaser and I'm sure at some point this truck to. They definitely do the job, I'm not saying it's safe if your going 85 MPH but all vehicles are rated for the safety of the manufacturer's liability not what they can actually do. Just like 90% of us overload our boats with ballasts and gear. It's not a problem unless you do something stupid. H has very valid points but at the same time he takes it to the extreme on his post. H for what you explain and I see, you really need a dually based on your comments bro.

My last truck needed new brakes about every 3 months because of the weight I towed with it on a regular bases and I never replaced the shocks on it because I'd be doing those along with the bakes. That's the reason I had to buy a 3/4 ton truck. Now if it wasn't for the dump trailers I tow all the time I would have never even got this truck.

This is just me but to say a 1/2 ton truck/SUV is not safe to tow these boats, that's not true if your a competent and aware driver.

• Like 2

acman    59

Tow it with what you have.. umbrella insurance or drop the coin on a 2500 or 250... Insurance is better option

Fivebar2    176

1148ccf5c4c38d56332005ec51d0f30a.jpg

I always tow my 237 with my Prius, no issues at all...just trying to lighten the mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

daz28iroc    73

A while back i overloaded a car trailer. 18ft long x 8ft wide with a 3/4 ton diesel truck that had broken down. Was in process of hauling it home with a 3/4 ton chev. And apparently had the truck too far forward with engine to front as we went thru a large dip and proceeded to rip the 6 bolts holding the hitch to the chassis out of the chassis. Didnt break the bolts but rather ripped sections of frame apart. Take it as u will. Drive a vehicle overbuilt for the situation not built to just handle it.

Semi truck compariosn is not a comparison they are built to tow not for comfort. The are all frame, axle, suspension. With a cab stuck on top.

I would agree that extra trailer brake axles help to lessen the required tow rig brake requirement also. However if ur vehicle squats under breaking and the trailer rear axle comes off the ground it will lockup. This all comes down to proper rig setup.

• Like 1

Darkside    248

I completely agree, anyone remember the toyota conercial pulling the space shuttle? Pulling and stopping are two totally different things. I am not worried about me driving like an idiot, i am worried about emergency reactions to someone else driving like an idiot. Full disclosure i tow with one ton dually. I tow 200 miles every Saturday in the summer, and take a long trip atleast once. The exhaust brake is awesome!

Here is a great video for this topic. https://youtu.be/g6k7HOq9y28

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..