TayTay    6

Wanted to get your opinion on how accurate NADA values are. I think I got a great deal on the boat but wanted others input. Attached is the NADA value. I know a lot of it has to do with condition and hours so I'll give a little background on the boat and give me your take what a fair purchase price would be. Boat has 512 hours on the 330 black scorpion motor. All the vinyl was replaced last year and looks great. The chrome steps plates are worn and tarnished looking but that's cosmetic. There is a little chip on the corner of the swim deck but the hull is in great shape. The trailer is like new, longest trip was 20 miles to the shop recently where the guy spent $1600 going over everything. Oil change, new ballast pumps, new serpentine belt, new spark plugs and rotor and the prop was refurbished. Engine runs good. It's set up for a switchblade, but doesn't actually have the blade. I think I covered the basis, if I missed anything big let me know.

ec155f606064c3bad0dbf26fae7cbdb7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TayTay

bluesman280    99

I would think that is a reasonable estimate of the price. I know when I was looking at 2008 Enzo 230s I was finding them around $42,000 - $50,000 depending on hours and condition.

I know when I have looked at NADA prices in the past, they have been a reasonable guideline depending on condition.

At least they give you somewhere to start when trying to figure out a value.

TayTay    6

Ok, that's what I was seeing, but asking prices can always be deceiving if someone moves 5 grand or something. You're confirming my feelings of the great deal I got. I ended up ~10k under average book for the boat :thumbsup: The guy had sold his lake house and moved into downtown and was closing on his house this week. He was eager to get it moved.

DrPringle    10

I'd sell my 08 for that average price

CeeDee    16

I'd sell my 08 for that average price Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your boat up for sale right now ?

DrNate    426

I've been trying to sell mine at "Low Retail" but only because of the hours. When people hear it has 500 hours, they become disinterested. Which kind of offends me because my boat is near pristine and I have all maintenance records. Wouldn't you rather have a boat that was well taken care of and used instead of a boat that sat around for 7 years? Just doesn't make sense to me. From the way I read it, you would only reasonably expect to pay "low retail" on a boat that had some kind of issues.

All of that is to say that you definitely got a good deal

Edited by DrNate

TayTay    6

I've been trying to sell mine at "Low Retail" but only because of the hours. When people hear it has 500 hours, they become disinterested. Which kind of offends me because my boat is near pristine and I have all maintenance records. Wouldn't you rather have a boat that was well taken care of and used instead of a boat that sat around for 7 years? Just doesn't make sense to me. From the way I read it, you would only reasonably expect to pay "low retail" on a boat that had some kind of issues.

You know, I initially was hesitant of "high" hours, but then at the same time, I thought, well the guy put ~50 hours a year on the thing. That's not a lot at all. It looked well maintained and had a receipts from a full inspection with everything that was found fixed. It would be interesting to see what different people considered high hours. For folks who get a new boat every year or two, its not really a concern, but for someone looking in the 20-40k range for a 8-12 year old inboard, you're going to come across boats with hundreds and hundreds if not 1000+ hours. My Acura is almost 12 years old with 140,000 miles on it, yet my mechanic tells me its one of the best running, cleanest cars he's seen. But if I were to post it on Craigslist with 140,000, I bet a lot of people wouldn't want a car with that many miles. Regardless of the fact that I have service records showing all scheduled maintenance has been performed.

While, were on the subject of values, one thing that my car is starting to experience is technology issues. It had a ton technology for a 2005, and while it's mechanically rocking, there are some items that are glitchy like the nav system, one of the digital displays etc. With the newer boats having all the digital displays and computer systems controlling ballast and these fancy features you all talk about, I wonder what the life span on those are. I think they really started using the digital technology in the late 2010s, correct? So I'd be interested to see when that stuff starts get buggy. I think it's more related to time, than use, just like a computer over the years gets slower and buggy. Sorry for rambling, just got me thinking.

Sata3000    15

Is your boat up for sale right now ?

I have an 06 Sv230 with switch blade I would sell for 40k obo

CeeDee    16

I have an 06 Sv230 with switch blade I would sell for 40k obo

Yeah Texas is a little far away for me.

DrPringle    10

Mines in Vic ceedee

Sata3000    15

Yeah Texas is a little far away for me.

Ship it!!!!

fropappy    9

My 2008 Lightning C4 has 345 hours and I have it listed for $34K.

Don't expect to move it until Spring, and that's OK.

I surfed behind it Saturday.

Water was still 74 degrees!

Bongo Fury    640

Its interesting....I just had a full insurance review of all my policies including my boat....when you step back and look at it, its really amazing what the used boat market is....I'm leaving my coverage on my 2013 233 just the same as when I bought it new.

Yes I would. Hours do not scare me at all

arono    0

Before I bought my boat (06 Enzo 530 hrs) I was seeing similar 06 Enzos with an asking price between $39-42K; if you got your boat any where between low and average retail retail you got a good deal.

I wouldn't be worried about the hours; it averages out to 50ish a year which is nothing. Over 500 hours used to be a lot before wake surfing became so popular but I know a guy with an Fx-22 & another guy with an 2013 SV233 and they have 750ish & 900-ish hours respectively. With anything it's all about the maintenance; if you keep up with the maintenance you should be able to get 1500-2000 hours easy out of that motor before a rebuild. :thumbsup:

bluesman280    99

Before I bought my boat (06 Enzo 530 hrs) I was seeing similar 06 Enzos with an asking price between $39-42K; if you got your boat any where between low and average retail retail you got a good deal.

I wouldn't be worried about the hours; it averages out to 50ish a year which is nothing. Over 500 hours used to be a lot before wake surfing became so popular but I know a guy with an Fx-22 & another guy with an 2013 SV233 and they have 750ish & 900-ish hours respectively. With anything it's all about the maintenance; if you keep up with the maintenance you should be able to get 1500-2000 hours easy out of that motor before a rebuild. :thumbsup:

Totally agree, like you say, maintenance is everything. My 2001 Typhoon was a great deal price wise, but the boat needed TLC when I bought it with 920 hrs on it, thus the reason the previous owner was having trouble selling it. Even I was a little hesitant, but the price was just too good to walk away. Cleaned it up, fixed everything that had quit working or wasn't working properly: perfect pass, hyd trim plate, a couple ballast pumps, diverter valves on ballast system, depth finder, and blower motor. I also had to buy a new cover, had a new custom bimini made, and upgraded the stereo system. When it came time to sell, I had the whole boat power polished, and cleaned every nook and cranny on the boat. The boat was in great shape, purred like a kitten. Looked amazing, and everything worked like it was supposed to. Had it for 5 years, and sold it at the end of the season in mid October, for $1000 less than I had invested into the boat with all of the repairs and upgrades. I had no problem selling it with almost 1300 hrs on it. I admit the hrs did scare off a few guys who called, but the first guy that stopped by to look at the boat, took one look at the condition, along with my maintenance records, and jumped all over the deal. I have no doubt I will do just as well on my 2012 SV233 when it is time to sell.

• Like 1