resko1    0

Anyone use led strips in the cup holder areas or under the rub rails for lighting? Im like at some blue leds strips in the sides where the cup holders are. Also wanted exterior lighting on the hull for swimming in the evening. Post pics of your installs or wheres a good place to get supplies.

Shaka    146

I don't use strips but I use tiny LED's all around the boat. I have a controller that makes them chase to the music. It's a lot of fun. you can put them in cup holders, behind tweeters so the illuminate speakers, or just in nooks and crannies. '

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-light-modules/filter/Mount_Type,Surface_-_Adhesive_Backing,111,10596:

resko1    0

Cool. Thanks ill check into those.

c22burns    3

I have done several LED light changes:

1) installed a Dioblo Ryal Customs "VEGA PRB" boat plug light. ($230) https://boatpluglight.com/collections/drain-plug-led-lights/products/the-vega-prd-133-watts-at-8000-lumens

a) I wired this up with a 20Amp fuse holder from amazon directly to the battery. I also got relays and I plan to install a switch at the drive seat this winter. installing and removing the fuse to turn on/off is kindof getto.

2) swapped the curtsy light out with blue LEDS. This was the easiest project and looks great. I also ordered new curtsy light covers as mine looked brittle and had a yellow tint.

3) added one "Eagle Eye" Blue LED back in the cup holder area. I ordered these off amazon also.

4) Lastly, I swapped out my old Xenon tower lights for new LED tower lights. I had to do this because my perfect pass would drop out if I had the music up and turned on the tower lights. The old Xenons pulled 60 or 100 watts each (3 total) and were VERY bright (and HOT). The new LED lights are not a bright (6watts) but get the job done just fine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Watt-LED-Replacement-Wakeboard-Tower-Light-Bar-Bulb-and-Housing-/331169137932

a) I tried the typical "Bar" type LED lights but did not like how they looked. I didn't like the black light on chrome tower. And it didn't look factory. The new chrome LED light look like they belong.

In the attached picture I have the tower LED lights on and the Boat Plug light on. I didn't have the wave very clean at all this day so pardon all the white wash.

post-3661-0-99166200-1475196375_thumb.jpg

post-3661-0-64749400-1475196399_thumb.jpg

post-3661-0-26042200-1475196412_thumb.png

resko1    0

Thats cool as hell! Something like that is what i was looking for. Illuminate the water around the boat at night.

pwarning    5

Late to the party here but has anyone tried the underwater lights in murky water?  The river I live on is not very clear.  Also, has anyone added LED's that make it comfortable to sit and eat out on the water?  I installed the blue LEDs for the courtesy lights but both the original and blue are harsh when you are just sitting around late at night.  Looking for an install of all indirect lighting that gives enough light to see what you are doing but not have any LED's able to be seen directly.  I have blue strip lights to surround the cupholder/speaker area in my 2008 enzo but I don't think that will be enough.  Thinking about strip lights underneath the seat cushions and individual cupholder rings/LEDs in the bottom.

Shaggs    6

I got the LED boat plug but haven't wired it up yet. I also have some small LED flat bar lights for the top of the tower as mine didn't come with them. Also need to get LED cupholder rings and replacement for the led cupholder accents. The courtesy lights burn out once a year with LEDs I think being around moisture kills them. Luckily they are cheap. My Speakers also have LEDs in them but haven't installed them yet either. I'm trying to find which bulbs to get for the Anchor lights as well. Then I need to get a high output alternator because my batteries die quickly. 

I just want to replace my three court lights with red bulbs, but they're sealed? Is there a replacement light in red or blue available?

1jeffgignac    7
On 9/29/2016 at 8:51 PM, c22burns said:

2) swapped the curtsy light out with blue LEDS. This was the easiest project and looks great. I also ordered new curtsy light covers as mine looked brittle and had a yellow tint.

@c22burns, were you able to find directly replaceable LED's that you simply swapped out by unscrewing the bulb for courtesy lights and screwing in the LED?