mgiardinelli

2017 S238 General Questions

Hey all,

Trying to find out some information about the 2017 Supremes (238 in particular), that I can't seem to find. Hopefully folks on here can help. I have been able to find a lot of great info just searching this site.

• None of the boats I have found for 2017 have Seadeck, they all appear to have carpet. I assume that is an upgrade. Well and assume the picks on the Supreme site are actually showing Seadeck. Maybe it is a different material.
  • Any idea what the total tow weight would be for the 238 with trailer? I assume the trailer weight would be around 1200 lbs.
  • What size tires are most folks running on their trailers? 14". My family has jet boats (well not me haha) and they run at least 15".
  • Sounds like you need to add more than stock balllast to get a good surf wake. That makes sense. Hoping that upgrading the rear ballast and adding ballast under the seats will be good. Don't really want to have to add bags to seats or on the floor. Was looking at Mojo / Craz also, but not seeing good responses from folks on surf wakes even with 2016 / 2017 models. They have to just completely slam the boat with weight. Understand the need to add weight, just want to avoid it being in the way.
  • What have folks done for the stereo? I have a family so don't need to crank it out, but having tunes will surfing would be cool. Hard to tell from the site what the options are. Or I am just completely overlooking / not following what they have.

Thanks all. The info on this has been very helpful. Had a Malibu before the kids and now want to get back into it. So much harder than I thought to really get enough information to feel like I can make an informed decision.

Sorry all, also wanted to get an idea of total length with the trailer with and without the platform, if anyone knows that info. Thanks!

rrd525    40

We have a 2016 S238. Our Boatmate trailer is closer to 1400 lbs with spare tire.

Boat loaded on trailer for normal day use with Factory options, and full tank of fuel about 7000lbs.

15" wheels.

Wetsounds and Clarion stereo equipment.

2017s have more choice in Factory sound gear.

Gatordeck was an upgrade option available on its own or in a package.

Some answers below

Hey all,

Trying to find out some information about the 2017 Supremes (238 in particular), that I can't seem to find. Hopefully folks on here can help. I have been able to find a lot of great info just searching this site.

• None of the boats I have found for 2017 have Seadeck, they all appear to have carpet. I assume that is an upgrade. Well and assume the picks on the Supreme site are actually showing Seadeck. Maybe it is a different material.

-Yea, it's an upgrade, but not much extra if you include it in the comfort package if my memory is correct. I think it's actually gator step but I'd have to check, similar material, less paying for the name.

• Any idea what the total tow weight would be for the 238 with trailer? I assume the trailer weight would be around 1200 lbs.

-This was already answered, but I do pull my '16 with a toyota 4runner and have 500lbs of lead in it. My tow cap is 7300. It tows and stops great and the tranny stays cool.

• What size tires are most folks running on their trailers? 14". My family has jet boats (well not me haha) and they run at least 15".

-15" are what comes with the trailer. I have 14" on mine because I had to fit it under a 7' garage door.

• Sounds like you need to add more than stock balllast to get a good surf wake. That makes sense. Hoping that upgrading the rear ballast and adding ballast under the seats will be good. Don't really want to have to add bags to seats or on the floor. Was looking at Mojo / Craz also, but not seeing good responses from folks on surf wakes even with 2016 / 2017 models. They have to just completely slam the boat with weight. Understand the need to add weight, just want to avoid it being in the way.

-Yes, upgrading the rear bags and under seats will work for you. I posted a thread on that yesterday. It's a wide 24 foot boat with a huge V on it. No surprise it doesn't sink enough with the stock weight.

• What have folks done for the stereo? I have a family so don't need to crank it out, but having tunes will surfing would be cool. Hard to tell from the site what the options are. Or I am just completely overlooking / not following what they have.

-'17's have rev 8's as options with 12 inch sub. All wetsounds stuff. The website hasn't been updated yet. That will be PLENTY good enough to have anyone withing 500 yards hear you coming.

Thanks all. The info on this has been very helpful. Had a Malibu before the kids and now want to get back into it. So much harder than I thought to really get enough information to feel like I can make an informed decision.

-Would be nice if Supreme did a better job at their marketing, but I will say they build one of the most solid, reliable boats in the industry, so they are getting that right.

Edited by Race City Marine

Thanks man. That is great info. That is awesome that they come with 15" wheels. You can get a lot heavier tire on that size. That is also great about the stereo. Like I said, won't be cranking it up much, just want to have something decent. Sounds like it does.

• Like 1

What about engine (sorry left out that)? What is the preferred engine option, given the amount of weight you need to surf?

NW Boat Sports    232

What about engine (sorry left out that)? What is the preferred engine option, given the amount of weight you need to surf?

6.0L is only $750 retail option over the 5.7L!

DarksideR    1,679

6.0L is only $750 retail option over the 5.7L!

Uh Oh... here we go. :guitar:

• Like 3

we have the 5.7 in ours and we had 16 people out on the boat with the factory ballast completely full the other day and it didnt have a problem at all getting on plain but was running 3700RPM while surfing. I would think $750 for the upgrade motor would be worth it but I dont know how much better it is cause all i have to go off is the 5.7.

Cwazy1    89

What engine are you guys actually talking about?

The crusader engine is the stock 5.7L

The H5DI is a 5.3L

The H6DI is a 6.2L

There is no 6.0L engine....

What engine are you guys actually talking about?

The crusader engine is the stock 5.7L

The H5DI is a 5.3L

The H6DI is a 6.2L

There is no 6.0L engine....

GM Marine L96 by Crusader 6 LTR 409 HP 1.72:1 GR (5 year warranty) for $750 upgrade over EX3

I don't have details of the other engine options yet.

Bongo Fury    640

Yikes ok thanks. My Seqouia is rated at 6500

We have a 2007 Sequoia Limited 4WD. It is rated at 6,300 lbs. I have a SV 233. I use it to tow my boat from the lift....around the lake to Hillside for service.... to storage and back to the lift. I would not use it for a road trip with my boat. JMTC.

• Like 2

Cwazy1    89

Ohh the '17 has a new engine upgrade option... I see... where are you guys seeing this info from? Its not on their website.

So the base is still the 5.7L ex3

And then the upgrade is the 6L crusader

And then both the H5 and H6?

We have a 2007 Sequoia Limited 4WD. It is rated at 6,300 lbs. I have a SV 233. I use it to tow my boat from the lift....around the lake to Hillside for service.... to storage and back to the lift. I would not use it for a road trip with my boat. JMTC.

Thanks that is good to know. My rating is probably the same as yours then 6300. I have the 2006 Limited 4x4.

GM Marine L96 by Crusader 6 LTR 409 HP 1.72:1 GR (5 year warranty) for $750 upgrade over EX3

I don't have details of the other engine options yet.

Do all of those require higher octane?

NW Boat Sports    232

Ohh the '17 has a new engine upgrade option... I see... where are you guys seeing this info from? Its not on their website.

So the base is still the 5.7L ex3

And then the upgrade is the 6L crusader

And then both the H5 and H6?

H5 is gone for 2017 Centurion/Supreme lineup.

CO Surfer    289

Why? My H5 rocks!