knotguilty    6

I love the roar of my boat when it is idling but I didn't care for the overly loud exhaust when i was cruising down the lake. By the end of the day my crew and i were all def between the music and the exhaust. I have seen many posts on this topic but I didn't see one this inexpensive so i figured i would share. I installed these in my 4" exhaust tubes going from the Sideswipe valve to the exhaust tip. It took me about 30 minutes per side and cost me ~$100 with shipping. I saw no loss in power the boat is somewhat quieter going down the lake but the real magic happens when I switch my exhaust to one side. It almost goes silent. A bit like captains call. I saw almost no reduction in idle sound with both exhaust ports open. Perfect for me.

Here are the silencers I installed: http://www.cpperformance.com/p-12622-4-slip-in-silencer.aspx

Here are some pictures of my install. Basically came down to drilling one hole in the exhaust tube to hold the silencer in place. Hardest part was taking the tubes out. Came down to brute strength and ignorance.

post-3339-0-19983500-1473431888_thumb.jpg

post-3339-0-11369700-1473431889_thumb.jpg

post-3339-0-14211700-1473431890_thumb.jpg

post-3339-0-07505000-1473431891_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

chadr    328

I love the roar of my boat when it is idling but I didn't care for the overly loud exhaust when i was cruising down the lake. By the end of the day my crew and i were all def between the music and the exhaust. I have seen many posts on this topic but I didn't see one this inexpensive so i figured i would share. I installed these in my 4" exhaust tubes going from the Sideswipe valve to the exhaust tip. It took me about 30 minutes per side and cost me ~$100 with shipping. I saw no loss in power the boat is somewhat quieter going down the lake but the real magic happens when I switch my exhaust to one side. It almost goes silent. A bit like captains call. I saw almost no reduction in idle sound with both exhaust ports open. Perfect for me.

Here are the silencers I installed: http://www.cpperformance.com/p-12622-4-slip-in-silencer.aspx

Here are some pictures of my install. Basically came down to drilling one hole in the exhaust tube to hold the silencer in place. Hardest part was taking the tubes out. Came down to brute strength and ignorance.

I'm listening... and following!!!

• Like 1

geb202002    24

I installed a few that were similar, well worth the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadr    328

2e5531b12021989bb25adce873551999.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Brand is your's geb202002???

geb202002    24

I purchased this model http://marineexhaust.ggb.ca/4-inch-insert-55-inch-long-sport-pair

I have only installed it on one side of my sideswipe currently as i wanted to compare the overall difference between one side with it and one side without it. It has made a significant difference for very little cash. I had to actually pull the sideswipe fitting from the side of my hull to get the exhaust pulled apart but it wasn't hard to do. I just ran the bolt right through the exhaust pipe and made sure the bolt was on the top of the pipe (i didn't seal it). I would say if anyone wants a good throaty sound but not deafening this is your solution. i have noticed no power loss at all running with it installed.

Edited by geb202002
  • Like 1

resko1    0

Would something like this work for a normal exhaust without the sideswipe? Wouldn't mind quieting down the exhaust note to hear the stereo better :)

geb202002    24

I would imagine so, it still makes it quieter than without when we have it listed. It made a significant difference for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Willy.Fire    6

Hi there. I have a 07 Avalanche with side swipe. Like the sound of it but gets really annoying and most of the time going to be out with my family not just myself. Looking at getting these. Just wanted to make sure you never had any issues with them? I’d like to put them on both sides and quite everything done which I hope these will do. Also do they need screwed in or can they just sit in the exhaust pipes. Thanks 

drance    0

Hi, new member here and just getting an Avalanche c4 with sideswipe and know I will want it quieter. Any idea as to which type of baffle has worked the best? The drop in cpp version (chadr) or the the second from from ggb (geb202002).

Thanks Michael

Jimrowe0    4

I don't understand why people have sound issues with the sideswipes.   It sounds great and I can still hear my music at speed, but hey I have had cars with straight pipes, side pipes, etc so I enjoy great exhaust sound.  

Thank you for the information. I just bought a 2008 enzo 240 and installed these silencers. They worked great and made the boat much quieter. I used the cpp version as the others are currently out of production until spring 2020

Edited by Uncle Bennybob

jtryon    24

anyone have video of the sound while crusing and/or surfing?  just bought a 2007 typhoon and it is LOUD over 17mph, not something i can deal with.  I was just going to go with the FAE conversion, but if these really work i may just go with silencers.

Bluepen    0

First time posting but thought this would be a good time to share our experience with installing 4" slide in silencers on our Side Swipe exhaust. We loved the rumble of the stock exhaust but we also do long days on big lakes and the noise finally got to us. I purchased two of these https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-12622-4-slip-in-silencer.aspx wrestled with the install for a about 40 min each and they have taken the edge off the rumble and we can now talk and hear the radio when cruising at 30mph (neither was possible with the stock exhaust). So the trick I used after reading how difficult it was to get the pipe section out was to pry up the end of the rubber 4" pipe and shoot WD40 in between the pipe and the metal outflow pipe. Once it was all lubed up it was easy to slide it off - note: it comes off easier because it will bend a bit but the install with the silencers in was a little more difficult because it would not bend any more. We are super happy with the difference. The boat still rumbles but we no longer feel  like we are ruining everyone's day with our loud boat.