Sign in to follow this  
sasstown

2016 Enzo SV244 goofy side surf wave?

sasstown    6

Hey all, new boat owner and happy to be part of the Centurion family. Just purchased a 2016 Centurion Enzo SV244 a month ago and have about 42 hrs on it. Getting a GREAT surf wave for left foot forward surfers (which is nice because everyone in my family surfs that side) but REALLY struggling to get a good enough wave with some push for my goofy footed friends. Kind of frustrating, seeing that my goofy footed friends have all wrigged up their much older boats and have a much better goofy wave. The wave is clean but I just can't seem to get it steep enough and definitely does not have the curl like my regular side. Any recommendations for setup? (CATS, Tabs, QuickSurf, etc) Spent an hour last night just tinkering with all of the different settings and still can't get a great wave.

Thanks

DarksideR    1,679

Hopefully someone with your model will chime in. But it's been my experience that counterweight adds push. Unfortunately, it has a negative effect on the SV boats goofy wave cleanliness. My advice would be 200ish lbs of lead in the starboard corner as far back as possible. Add counter weight at the observers seat. You'll likely have to go close to full negative Cats and pretty far down on the trim. Start speed at 11mph.

DrNate    426

I assuming you have an asymmetrical wake plate? It is a must on the goofy side.

sasstown    6

yes, it is asymmetrical...flat on the bottom but the angled side comes up over the regular (port) side

• Like 1

Dreamer    96

For my 2014 SV244 (usually just a driver and spotter in boat) we fill all starboard ballast, fill the QF on the port side, plus 200# lead in the back corner on the starboard side and another 200#'s under the ballast boy seat. CATS at 0 and the wakeplate in the 60-90% range. Speed around 11.3mph.

DarksideR    1,679

Dreamer.... What is the "ballast boy seat"???

And you don't use Cats at all??

For my 2014 SV244 (usually just a driver and spotter in boat) we fill all starboard ballast, fill the QF on the port side, plus 200# lead in the back corner on the starboard side and another 200#'s under the ballast boy seat. CATS at 0 and the wakeplate in the 60-90% range. Speed around 11.3mph.

This is pretty close to the same configuration my buddy's 2015 SV233 is set up now for goofy side. We struggled with getting as good a wave for awhile, it really came alive when he put the 200lbs of lead in the back corner under the sacks.

In my SV230 I normally run all Starboard ballast full, start with the Port QF full and then drain it while underway to clean the wave up. I also have 320 lbs of POP Product bags in my Starboard locker in the back corner and 200 lbs of Pop Products bags in my Port locker in the back corner.

We both play around with Bow ballast and I have about 160 lbs up front right now in the foot well under the bow filler cushion.

Dreamer    96

Ballast boy seat is the corner seat on the surf side (right in front of locker). CATS at 50 is in the middle on my boat so at 100 for port surf and 0 for goofy.

DarksideR    1,679

Ballast boy seat is the corner seat on the surf side (right in front of locker). CATS at 50 is in the middle on my boat so at 100 for port surf and 0 for goofy.

ahhhhh, gotcha. 0 is center on my CATS. -50 is full goofy cranked, +50 is reg

Bob U    5

I have a 2013 SV244 Goofy boat. For me to make a good wave on the other side, I run blast only on that side, no bow blast and have crew sit on that side as far back as possible.

Trim tap full up.

Wave is very good.

CO Surfer    289

I run my '16 SV233 mainly with the stock settings and I'm pretty happy with them. I did not purchase my boat with the PNP bags and the wave on the goofy side was only adequate. I added a Wakemakers LBS bag that is about 500 lbs or so and added another 50 lbs of weight in the SB corner and it was like a new boat. I only have that one bag. I have a pretty good wave on that side. I run about 11.5 since I'm trying to lengthen the wave a bit. It has good push. I run 20% counterweight (Ramfill) on the port side. -30 on CATS. 20 on the tab.

sasstown    6

Thanks for the feedback. Basically what I'm getting at is in order have a good wave for goofy surfers I need more weight?!

CO Surfer    289

Very likely. What do you have for weight right now? Does your boat have PNP or other bags in the rear lockers?

Dreamer    96

More ballast weight is a must for a great wake if you have a small crew. Goofy or regular

sasstown    6

My boat has two stock RAM fill tanks that total 2650 lbs (1325 each side). When I surf port side (regular foot) I weight 100% port side and 70% starboard side. CATS at 40-50 and tab at 15-20 and the wake is steep and long and has a nice curl and that's with a crew of my wife and three little girls (so very small). However, the goofy side weighted and tabbed the same is far from steep or long. For goofy foot the best I have found is 100% starboard and 50% port with the CATS at -40 and tab at 0. Its clean and has a decent curl but it's not steep and there's no push.

CO Surfer    289

You have too much weight on the port side. Bring it down to either 10 or 20%. No more than that. I'd also try dropping CATS down to -30. I did not see any benefit going to -40.

Definitely buy a bag for the starboard locker. You will be amazed at the difference.

Here's what I went with: https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemakers-rear-lbs-ballast-bag.html The actual bag I bought was the 40"x25"x15".

I currently have it set up with a Tsunami pump you drop over the side of the boat and plug into the 12v outlet in the SB locker. I will do it the right way this winter and put in through hull fittings with ballast pumps wired into my touch screen. You'll need to order fittings for the bags. Another option is to go with a Fly High 750 bag which is a few dollars less expensive.

sasstown    6

Hey guys....called the dealer where I purchased my SV244. He gave some tips and I was able to try out his recommendation for steepening my goofy wave last night. It all seemed to work things out a bit better for me and thought it would be good to share.

Goofy Surf Recommendation:

-Fill goofy side 100% ballast and opposite side about 70-90%.

-Enable "right side" QuickSurf and edit setting to 60 (factory default is 70)

-CATS at somewhere from -10 to -20

-Trim usually at 0 or until it cleans the wave

-Run at 10.2-10.3 mph (he said to get a steeper wave I needed to run slower, I was running at 10.6-11.2)

Here is his process for building a wave (on an SV244, which only has two ballasts):

1. Fill both ballasts at 100% and start to empty the opposite surf side (more weight, obviously on the surfing side) until the wave starts to take shape

2. Adjust CATS to form the shape of the wave desired

3. Adjust trim until wave cleans up

4. For regular foot you can usually get a better wave without enabling the Quicksurf (personal experience). For goofy foot, enable Quicksurf for "Surf Right" at 60.

5. Adjust speed for length vs steepness

I followed his process and found it very helpful for the goofy side and it was steeper by running at a slower speed (10.2 mph) . I already knew what I liked for my regular foot so didn't really have to mess with things.

stoked    1,039

That's really slow, your wave must have been really tall but not very long

Bongo Fury    640

That's really slow, your wave must have been really tall but not very long

Agree...we like a taller wave and run at 10.9 with a little weight up front