Dizzle

Code on hour meter? E55C or ESSC?

Dizzle    1

Help my hour meter threw this up while I was running today. I even call a merc mechanic shop and they had no idea or wanted me to bring it in without telling me. I have a 2008 falcon v with black scorpion. The code is ESSC or E55C? Thanks.

I didn't know the hour meter could do that. I only thought merc codes were in a series of beeps. What is te boat doing?

Dizzle    1

Nothing unusual. Everything is running normal. The hour meter just suddenly went from hours to either ESSC or E55C. Then there are two numbers which seem to be the hours since this code thing popped up. The merc mechanic I talked on the phone was mystified as well then again I think their shop is in it for the money.

I hope someone else chimes in. I've read a lot of code information about these engines. I have the same one, and I'm only aware of the beeps. Very interesting. No beeping in sequence or anything like that?

Dizzle    1

Just the test beep from start up. I do have a sticky starter solenoid but that was sticking from long before.

Not even the Ecm would know that.

h20king    794

Bad multi gauge. Hour meter and multi gauge has had many failures.you can source a new on eBay just put ski centurion in the search