enzo101mo

Centurion's Line for 2017

wheels    151

The fibreglass gel void struggle is real! My 2014 Malibu had SO MANY gel voids. First Malibu sent a tech from Tennessee to repair, he sanded down 40% of the boat then refinished it. 2 weeks after he left more holes appeared! It was bad enough Malibu bought my boat back!

So a system like vacuum infusion has huge merits!

Darkside, you switching over to an ri?

Darkside    248

I will likely finalize my order tomorrow...RI257, i am excited and scared Sh!tless all at the same time.

The 237 creates a phenomenal wave, the reports are the 257 is similar just bigger and longer. I like the factrend and am scared by the fact these are a work in progress.

Meaning they started with 217/237, learned they needed less bow weight, bigger prop, more rear weight, etc. The cool thing is the changes are implemented quickly but that also means there will likely be significant changes from year to year.

Example 257 has smaller bow bag than the 217/237, but ram fill is slightly larger, additionally rear section reshaped, so 500lb bag goes across the rear transom. They have a steeper shaft angle so very large prop is possible. With a boat this big, and heavy, you will likely need it.

Edited by Darkside
  • Like 1

wheels    151

I will likely finalize my order tomorrow...RI257, i am excited and scared Sh!tless all at the same time.

Nice, working on my ri237 deal right now. My dealer is starting to sell them like crazy. They used to be one of the biggest Malibu dealers around. I think we will be seeing a lot more centurions on lakes near us.

• Like 1

Darkside    248

I Agree I think Centurion is going to have a couple very good years. I am excited to get to "Ninja" one of these. As many knobs as there are for fine tuning, add a couple dozen bags of lead...Oh yeah....

• Like 1

wheels    151

That thing is nuts. Wish I could go ri257. That would mean new truck, new boat lift and new boat. That's not getting passed. Lol

wheels    151

The 237 creates a phenomenal wave, the reports are the 257 is similar just bigger and longer. I like the factrend and am scared by the fact these are a work in progress.

Meaning they started with 217/237, learned they needed less bow weight, bigger prop, more rear weight, etc. The cool thing is the changes are implemented quickly but that also means there will likely be significant changes from year to year.

Example 257 has smaller bow bag than the 217/237, but ram fill is slightly larger, additionally rear section reshaped, so 500lb bag goes across the rear transom. They have a steeper shaft angle so very large prop is possible. With a boat this big, and heavy, you will likely need it.

This is exactly why I have waited and will still wait till early 2017 to put in my order. I have a call in to the national sales rep to check a few things. I really want to know if the new prop shaft angle is their final fix for the 237 or if there is a 1 1/4 shaft and 16" prop in the works. With the new angle and 1 1/8 shaft I figure I could put a 15.5" diameter prop on it and should be good.

Darkside    248

I am kinda doing a similar, placing order now, January build slot! I know the 257 comes with 16x16, that would fit perfectly on the 237. I also think it would be a sweet spot for that boat. But 17x20 could also be a great choice. Unfortunately 17x20 is $1500 prop!!!

CO Surfer    289

Looking at the photos of the 257's wave provides me with the answer to a question I asked on a previous thread as to why anyone would want such a huge boat. The wave is just massive!

Jake707    171

Looking at the photos of the 257's wave provides me with the answer to a question I asked on a previous thread as to why anyone would want such a huge boat. The wave is just massive!

Border line intimidating for more novice riders like me. But I have to say with that huge barrel roll at the end I would love to just jump off the back of the boat with a boogie board and have a blast.

volzalum    280

Next model to release may be the return of the 30ft Tsunami with an RI interior ....

carguy79ta    67

looks interesting. am from the Malibucrew. I surf an A22 with 4000 ballast. wedge not used. about 8000lbs. I surfed behind my dealers M235 which weigh about 6300. had hardtanks 3400 full plus 550s in the rear. about 10800 total with wedge deployed. see video. I am 5-9 and 205lbs for ref.

https://youtu.be/w_n_W1ix-gU

the ri237 weighs about 10450. can you add more ballast? Internet pricing looks around 115k to 120k. way less expensive than the M235.

Fivebar2    176

Where do you surf carguy79ta? I think you would be very impressed with the wave on the 237. It's so hard to tell from videos...I've surfed with several Malibu guys and they were in love with the 237 wave.

Edited by Fivebar2
  • Like 1

stoked    1,039

By the look of the wave I think you'd be impressed with any centurion or supreme for the last 10 years. Really not trying to be a d!ck, but for the price of that boat and the amount of ballast it has, that wave was pretty choppy. The port wave on my 07 Avy looks cleaner:

7d0cd7576a4616cae7c147aef1f8c288.jpg

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I'm pretty sure the M235 can make a better wave than that. I'd say the dealer just doesn't know how to dial it in yet. Looks like it had good push!

Carguy, if I might make a suggestion... Move your back foot closer to or right against the kick pad. Looks like your having to put a lot of your weight on your back foot the way you're placing your feet.

Nick213    583

Stoked,

I'll be the "d!ck then....

That wave looks like it has decent push but nothing like what a centurion dose (properly weighted anyway) I run about 2000-2600#'s of ballast in my 08 avy and it's got brand new 16 Malibu owners in ahhh when they see us surfing.

Here's not the best angle or pic but it beats the wave in the video imo, this pic my boat was overloaded and not quiet dieled since it was the first trip out with the A-plate.

post-4481-0-77859100-1477013046_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nick213

carguy79ta    67

I am in the st. Louis area...but maybe I could visit my daughter who lives in Seattle... I was on a river...first time sfor that for me. if this boat was on a lake it would have looked a lot better and would have been easier to dial in. Stokes you have a clean wave. so do I in my Axis. but my clean wave has nowhere near the push of that washed out not dialed in M235 wave. can you add ballast to the RI237? I believe the heavier the boat the bigger the wave.

h20king    794

I am in the st. Louis area...but maybe I could visit my daughter who lives in Seattle... I was on a river...first time sfor that for me. if this boat was on a lake it would have looked a lot better and would have been easier to dial in. Stokes you have a clean wave. so do I in my Axis. but my clean wave has nowhere near the push of that washed out not dialed in M235 wave. can you add ballast to the RI237? I believe the heavier the boat the bigger the wave.

not true centurion and supreme make a great wake because of the deep v hull and actually requires less ballast than other brands Edited by h20king

Fivebar2    176

2ab1b8b96d1b9d58c1ac5b5163006a52.jpg

This was on a major river with pretty good current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

h20king    794

2ab1b8b96d1b9d58c1ac5b5163006a52.jpg

This was on a major river with pretty good current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like the Columbia at terminal 6 heading upstream. I also ride on a river you get two different wakes depending on if you are going upstream or downstream and the tide also plays into the wave as well