chenige

2000 elite alternator replacement?

chenige    84

Alternator died today. Looks like original. Noticed hatch ram would not go up while out which is a sign of low battery. Then voltmeter went to 0 and boat started beeping.

I have added one Johnson and 2 Wetsounds amps. I think I should replace with higher output alternator. Recommendations? anyone with an old boat replaced theirs?

daz28iroc    73

I had the same thing just happen to me i think. Run the newly installed sub for 1/2 hour and then. Low voltage and stumbles at idle with a solid beep. But runs good when in gear. Saw voltage sitting down around 11.5 at idle.

I was told to get better copper cables for amp and run a smaller diameter alternator pulley. And trickle charge batteried when parked

My voltage gauge never gets above 12. I think the gauge sucks I put in a digital one and it reads 13-13.5 off the accessory 12v

I'll be following for part numbers also when mine bites the dust I want a high amp replacement.

Edited by Tommywalton1974

chenige    84

Called mercruiser and they said they could have used two different alternator mounts so I need to look at motor to see which it is. I did have the motor serial number.

Pretty sure original is 65 amp and will buy 75 amp if I can find one. Arco has a high output 75. 65055. Just need to confirm it will fit. Arcomarine.com. Pg 52 of catalog.

I do trickle charge.

Edited by chenige

Called mercruiser and they said they could have used two different alternator mounts so I need to look at motor to see which it is. I did have the motor serial number.

Pretty sure original is 65 amp and will buy 75 amp if I can find one. Arco has a high output 75. 65055. Just need to confirm it will fit. Arcomarine.com. Pg 52 of catalog.

I do trickle charge.

Which engine do you have? GM alternators have either 1 or 2 ears depending on v or serpentine belt. Let me know what you have I'll save the part number mine is 9 years old. Thanks

chenige    84

315 mpi tournament ski serpentine.

Mercruiser could not identify which alternator with my serial number. 0L305987

I will call them back today and see if serpentine narrows it down to one alternator.

chenige    84

post-5486-0-84303900-1471348277_thumb.jpg

chenige    84

Went to the Mercruiser site and there are two choices for my serial number. One has a 2" mounting tab and the other is 1". Both have serpentine pulley. So I have to confirm by actually looking at my alternator mounting.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/sn/0L305987

iboat prices below, would search for better prices:

Original Mando 807653T 65 amp with 2" mounting tab

Arco 65055 - 75 amp ($234)

Arco 60060 - 65 amp ($175)

Arco 60121 - 105 amp (has single pulley, not sure it really will fit our boats, would need to call Arco) ($347)

Sierra 18-5960 - 65 amp ($183)

807653T -65 amp ($285)

Original Delco 862031T 65 amp with 1" mounting tabs.

Arco 20800 - 70 amp ($207)

Arco 60122 - 105 amp (has single pulley, not sure it really will fit our boats, would need to call Arco) ($260)

Sierra 18-6293 - 70 amp ($204)

862031T1 - 70 amp ($300)

chenige    84

post-5486-0-08211600-1471352671_thumb.jpg

Arco alternators.

chenige    84

Confirmed that the 807653T is what is in my boat so I am looking for a 65055 Arco with 75 amp.

vreeland274    0

I have a 2000 also cant get the gauge to above 11, everything looks okay bought an optima battery conditioner, both blue tops are up to 13.2 v but gauge is still low, and yes i"m running amps and tower speakers, it seems to drop dramatically  when i kick on blower drops to 10-11. nav lights drop it a bit too. I have 2 batteries and selector switch when were surfing i have it to both batteries and floating listening to music i manually switch it to 1?????? I pulled the alternator and took it to a shoo they tested it and said it was fine? Boat starts and runs good, but I don't think its charging correctly any thoughts please share???? Im confused?

TexP51    6

Something to check.  The Mercruiser MPI is notorious for low voltage alternator output coming from slipping serpentine.  The water pump takes quite a bit of leverage to turn over (not the engine’s Chevy water pump, but the mercruiser lake water pump) and worn belt or just a bit of slack will let the belt slip when it gets bilge water slapped on it at the lowest pulley (big harmonic balancer/crank at the bottom).  Usually looks something like engine temp is a bit higher running hard, and voltage drops off at idle.  Gotta be crazy tight.  Might check that out.  

TexP51    6

Couple of other things regarding alternators - ther’re expensive no mater how you look at it, but spend a little more and do it right.  The alternator no matter the size, creates a current field and ours have a built in regulator to hold voltage output to around 12.8-13.5 volts.  Really low batteries might get it to near 14 v output, but from there everything is in your battery wiring gauge size, and your battery setup. Kinds like a hose and a holding tank. Battery (holding tank) can only accept current so fast based on wiring (hose).  I find best practice is same type batteries, and highest cranking amps you can afford.  While cranking amps equate to amp/hours, and that is like how deep/big your holding tank is.  I keep it simple:

- Recommend fresh or good condition batteries

- New serpentine belt every other year

- Suggest matched set batteries in highest CCA -  whatever you prefer.  I’d rather have lead/acid 850cca over blue top 650 gel for example.  

- Use good battery maintainer when you come in from the lake so your charge is full when you start out

- 65a-85a alternator should be fine

- Add another battery before going to crazy sized wiring and alternator 

volzalum    280
2 hours ago, TexP51 said:

- Suggest matched set batteries in highest CCA -  whatever you prefer.  I’d rather have lead/acid 850cca over blue top 650 gel for example. 

Just curious where you ge the 650 from? The D31 are 900 CCA and the D27 are 800 CCA?

TexP51    6
19 hours ago, volzalum said:

Just curious where you ge the 650 from? The D31 are 900 CCA and the D27 are 800 CCA?

Was trying to make the point to consider buying most CCA/Ah and Reserve Capacity that’s reasonably affordable.  Option is to use a flooded with high CCA/Ah over just buying a gel or AGM.  Flooded lead is good choice if you use your boat a lot, or have a maintainer.  The Gel and AGM offerings store so much better than a flooded lead in boats not used much, and now here come the new marine lithiums - suppose to have 8-10 year life - but pricey.  Referencing Optima was poor example, as they do have high CCA these days - but my opinion cost a bit more.  Some folks run a starter and deep cycle combo battery setup.  I like the newer dual-purpose batteries are cool. My 2002 elite-V had two ancient Interstate auto 24 series in it.  I went old-school and replaced both w/ two Tractor Supply 24MS for less than $200 total.  Each had like 1000CCA and decent reserve capacity, made sense for me as I have a nice dual-bank battery maintainer on board.  I get it’s not everybody’s style, but worked for my budget.  

volzalum    280

OK. I just wanted to make sure that Optima alone is not a bad battery. Every battery should be measured on it CCA and maximum immediate flow capability. I personally ran Optima D31's on my last boat and they served as dual use batteries. When I replace the batteries on my current boat at the beginning of next season, I will replace with the Optima D31's. But that is because I have a custom Centurion triple battery tray that I had made for my last boat.

TexP51    6

Optima are solid today.  You are in good shape.  Anglers on my lake love the D31M blue tops, and Academy Sports now sells them - should make it easier if you have to get a warranty claim.  Two batteries are hard enough, but Triple bats is going to be a stiff bill!  I ran 54 hours last year, and probably another 25hrs floating w/ stereo on - 15” sub, 600w amp driving  6 interior speakers and 6 on the tower.  To help I did change all our interior and running light bulbs over to led, and a more efficient whale bilge pump.  With all that, I’m really hoping my battery maintainer stretches the life on our current bats for years to come.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..