Sign in to follow this  
chenige

2000 elite with wood dividers improved brackets.

chenige    84

These are 3/4" treated plywood dividers that are plenty stiff for ballast bags. However they only have an attachment on the bottom near the rear. Full bag causes the top to move over and push on motor manifold. Front moves in against platform electric ram(which bends if out and will not retract) and front motor mount.

To fix I bought two 4' .75x.75 aluminum angle from Home Depot. Cut 2-9" sections from one piece. Drilled 3 holes in each for screws. These I screwed vertically at the front of the dividers using #10 x 3/4" stainless screws. This captures the front of the divider between the aluminum and forward outer panel.

post-5486-0-05712100-1470422226_thumb.jpeg

Took the rest of the same piece and cut a couple inches off so that it lay flat between the existing wood mounting block on the divider and the bump on the floor toward the front. Screws this down also. Use the other 4' piece for the other side. I could not take the angle all the way to the rear of the boat because it would get in the way of removing the divider.

post-5486-0-42816000-1470422436_thumb.jpeg

At the rear I bolted a 4" wide x 34" treated plywood piece that I wrapped with black Home Depot exterior carpet. I cut out 5" long pieces at both ends so it cleared the hinges. You need to center this board with the rear of the boat.

post-5486-0-82196700-1470422650_thumb.jpeg

I did have to saw off some of the dividers at the rear bottom to allow the divider to lay flat on the floor. Did not fit right from factory. After this cut I had to move the original mounting block up on the divider so the divider could sit properly on the floor.

Hopefully this will work!!

Edited by chenige