Idaho Mike    29

Damn!!! We had a big boat accident on Lake CDA last week. 5 passengers in Mastercraft X30 I believe hit an 89 Formula that was stationary and all three passengers on Formula flew in water and drowned. I guess I will never understand how this pooh happens. http://www.khq.com/story/32695242/additional-details-released-on-deadly-coeur-dalene-lake-boat-collision 868931df551d98495143219367098cf8.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceman - I'm from CDA too. :-)

jayz-23    12

How much are a set of the latest platform brackets selling for these days?

nailem    29

My OEM brackets broke on my 05' enzo a few weeks ago. I took the bracketstage to a local welder and he repaired and added a gusset for $20. I did have a teak platform at the time but made a new one out of HDPE while everything was off.

• Like 1

super1990    18

Where can you order the newer style brackets ? Cost ?

souperfly    41

Mine broke as well, my only luck was calling Centurion. They hooked me up with a shop in Cali. Much much better quality, think I paid about $450...

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/bkey79/media/2007%20Centurion%20Enzo%20SV230/20150612_221753_zpsbgupeaiw.jpg.html

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/bkey79/media/2007%20Centurion%20Enzo%20SV230/20150614_100705_zpssck7g0vy.jpg.html

Edited by souperfly

Shaka    146

Anyone? ^^

I had a good fabricator modify mine when they broke. They are now incredibly beefy, look cool, and will never break again. Check for fabricators in your area if you can't find a new part.

chadr    328

I had a good fabricator modify mine when they broke. They are now incredibly beefy, look cool, and will never break again. Check for fabricators in your area if you can't find a new part.

Any Pics of what they did to yours? I just looked at mine and found hairline fractures on my vertical welds. I am going to have to take them in to get them fixed soon! PM me if you want to just email me!

Edited by chadr

Shaka    146

Any Pics of what they did to yours? I just looked at mine and found hairline fractures on my vertical welds. I am going to have to take them in to get them fixed soon! PM me if you want to just email me!

I'll try to find some. Unfortunately my boat is in storage 80 miles away so I can't run outside and snap a couple. I'll check at home when I get back from vacation.

chadr    328

I'll try to find some. Unfortunately my boat is in storage 80 miles away so I can't run outside and snap a couple. I'll check at home when I get back from vacation.

Anything yet Shaka? I took a few pics of what mine are looking like right now. a7e43f1a959966030304d325a66f6385.jpg40ae50b4354682010a177f25b2f0d255.jpg

Dark side is definitely worse on my boat because it doesn't get used as much on that side!!!

Shaka    146

No luck yet. I'll keep looking.

Idaho Mike    29

Update:  Aaaaaaaaaaand they're broken.  Again.

I'll try to surf as long as the swim platform stays put, and keep the kids from being towed behind the boat until the new steel brackets get ordered and get in.  Is that dumb to leave the platform on until it breaks completely off?  

InfinitySurf    302

If it breaks off, will it float so you don't lose it? Since I imagine it does not, I would at least rig up a redundancy so it cannot sink to the bottom of lake if it does come off....I can see your dilemma tho, pretty hard to use these boats without the swim platform, pretty much how everyone gets on/off the boat at all times except maybe when at the dock and you step over the gunnel. Tough call.

enzo on LI    79
On 7/2/2017 at 7:50 PM, InfinitySurf said:

If it breaks off, will it float so you don't lose it? Since I imagine it does not, I would at least rig up a redundancy so it cannot sink to the bottom of lake if it does come off....I can see your dilemma tho, pretty hard to use these boats without the swim platform, pretty much how everyone gets on/off the boat at all times except maybe when at the dock and you step over the gunnel. Tough call.

From my personal experience the platform does float but is very heavy which makes it super difficult to get back into the boat from the lake. 

Idaho Mike    29

It for sure floats - happened last year, only it broke at one bracket and not the other so getting it off while it was bouncing around was difficult.  We got it off and luckily it floated (I would've sunk clutching it to my death!).  I handed off to two people in the boat and they lifted and set on the engine compartment.  We finished surfing no problem, but yea, getting in and out required some assistance after that!

pecanflyboy    1

2008 SV230 Enzo.  Cracked welds on both sides, just like in the pictures.  Bottom of the brackets are broken, indicating the welds were overloaded in an upward direction.  One of the brackets is broken completely through the mounting plate.  Most of us know that re-welding the cracks will not fix the design.  It still overloaded and will simply crack again.  It's also a safety issue.  You don't want that heavy platform taking out your surfer at the ankles when it breaks off.

I called Centurion/Fineline.  Part # R2763 and R2568.  They said I have to order through a local dealer?  The problem is not no one will tell me if these parts are stainless or aluminum.  Can anyone verify where and how they get the new stainless design?

Troy    234

I ordered my Stainless brackets through the dealer a few years back (2015). They knew exactly what I was talking about and when I said I needed to replace my aluminum swim platform brackets with the stainless ones. Ordered, came in, installed and haven't worried about them since. I don't have the part numbers, though, sorry. 

superdtf    68
4 hours ago, pecanflyboy said:

2008 SV230 Enzo.  Cracked welds on both sides, just like in the pictures.  Bottom of the brackets are broken, indicating the welds were overloaded in an upward direction.  One of the brackets is broken completely through the mounting plate.  Most of us know that re-welding the cracks will not fix the design.  It still overloaded and will simply crack again.  It's also a safety issue.  You don't want that heavy platform taking out your surfer at the ankles when it breaks off.

I called Centurion/Fineline.  Part # R2763 and R2568.  They said I have to order through a local dealer?  The problem is not no one will tell me if these parts are stainless or aluminum.  Can anyone verify where and how they get the new stainless design?

Yup, replaced my '08 brackets in '11.  Call your dealer, or Shelly at Fineline, they'll be expensive, stainless, and perfect.  You might have to sort out the holes in the deck, but you'll figure it out.

pecanflyboy    1

I'll call the dealers.  I spoke with Alloy Marine, and heard the same story as described above.  They sell a newly designed aluminum bracket for $375ish for the whole set.  What did you guys pay for the Fineline Stainless?  Did it come with all the brackets?  Did you have to drill new holes in the hull?

Troy    234
8 minutes ago, pecanflyboy said:

I'll call the dealers.  I spoke with Alloy Marine, and heard the same story as described above.  They sell a newly designed aluminum bracket for $375ish for the whole set.  What did you guys pay for the Fineline Stainless?  Did it come with all the brackets?  Did you have to drill new holes in the hull?

I don't remember the price but they were steep ($300-400?). No new holes in the transom but new holes in the swim platform for me. If I remember correctly I did talk with Centurion also to verify that the new brackets would bolt up with out issues.  I believe I talked to Gloria.