ReSession

Looking for a good intermediate surf-style girls board (100 lb rider)

ReSession    165

Guys,

I don't have any experience buying a girl's board but trying to find something that will be a good beginner>>>advanced surf-style board (with 3 or 4 fins). My gf is 108 lbs and finding it challenging to keep enough speed to stay in the pocket on this little Liquid Force with 1 small center fin she's been riding. She's not really interested in skim-style so that helps narrow down the selection. Plus...I have plenty skims she could ride.

The boards I'm considering:

Idol Surf - 4'2" JC Sig >>> http://www.idolsurf.com/product/wakesurf-jcsig/

*Likes = riders up to 135lbs and has 3 fins

Soulcraft Super AV - 4'5" >>> http://www.soulcraftboarding.com/boards.html

*Likes = riders up to 140lbs, has twinzer fin setup, her initials are AV and she loves sea turtles ;)

Erie Ashley Kidd - 4'6" >>> http://www.towanza.com/erie-ashley-kidd-pro-wakesurf-board

*Likes = comes in pink and she loves Ashley Kidd's surfing

One of the biggest purchasing factors right now is availability...so if I need to wait 4-6 weeks, forget it! Any thoughts...any glaring omissions with regard to my selection?

Edited by ReSession

Cdifranco    463

Drop by Parafunalia in Gilford when your in the area for your local Centurion dealer Channel Marines Wakesurf Wednesday party! But I am in the exact same boat as you are right now, girlfriend hates skim, but doesn't like my quiver of surf boards :thumbdown:

stoked    1,039

I solved this by having a custom board made for my wife. Jeff at Soulcraft got it perfect, it's the color she likes, the graphics (had an octopus put on it, she loves octopuses), and it's perfectly matched for her size and abilities. She's 5'9", weight somewhere between 120-135 (my best carnival guess) and he put her on a honu.

ReSession    165

Yeah...custom isn't in my time frame - I want to order something (like today) and have it here by the weekend ;)

ReSession    165

Drop by Parafunalia in Gilford when your in the area for your local Centurion dealer Channel Marines Wakesurf Wednesday party! But I am in the exact same boat as you are right now, girlfriend hates skim, but doesn't like my quiver of surf boards :thumbdown:

You going to be out on the lake tomorrow? It's about a 2.5 hour drive for me but I'd consider making the trip if there's a good group of surfers out?

Cdifranco    463

You going to be out on the lake tomorrow? It's about a 2.5 hour drive for me but I'd consider making the trip if there's a good group of surfers out?

Very sadly I will be missing tomorrow :(. Flying to Chicago today for work and will be landing back here tomorrow at 5PM. Going to try to make it before sunset but I doubt it.. They are doing another one the 17th I believe and I will be at that one for sure.

MobEnzo    51
On 1/15/2017 at 6:38 AM, ReSession said:

Held off on this purchase but ended up pulling the trigger on a Black Friday special...$312 for a 2016 4'3" Idol Surf Tollie Twist - http://www.idolsurf.com/product/2016-tollie-twist/ - seems like it should be a nice upgrade!

How’d she end up liking it? I just pulled the trigger on the carbon fiber/bamboo 4’6”. It was a good deal through the swell guys.  But I’m having a little buyer’s remorse, because I do have a lakewakes hooligan that I really like and feels lighter. Also the fins seem cheap to me, but I’m not an expert in that front.