DrNate    426

When I tried mine on my SV233, I would agree, much taller and a lot more push. Looked a lot like that famous picture of an SV233 with Ashley Kidd behind it.

Pocket was shorter though. I actually did not like it, as it was too much push and too small of a pocket. I should have sped up and lengthened the pocket, but it was at the end of the day and I was tired of experimenting. I really wish I could have gotten it to work on your boat Nate.

I'm with you Chexi. I guess I really never gave these gimicky devices much thought until I saw the results of it on that older Supra. And it got me to thinking about the Avy. I don't run any bags on seats or floors in my Enzo and we don't surf goofy so I never really considered it for my boat.

But having said all of that, if RHunt gets one to try I might try it on my Enzo just because I'm curious

RhuntIII    555

DrNate has been blowing up my phone over this boat add-on. Glenn check your message box.

I tell you what... The boat was a Malibu Ride, Don't know the year and the wave was impressive, very.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

I run it on an avy. Full rear bags. Full center ballast. 8+ adults. With 3 or 4 in bow area makes for an awesome wave on either side. Even with just full rear and a bow bag with no people.

Not sure what ur standards are for an awesome wave but its so easy to drive id let anyone drive. Whereas listed not a chance id let anyone sxcept those i know can handle it

Time to get more specific on your Avy's weight with and without the slap-n-stick gate. Port side surfing only please.

truekaotik    458

You have a Avy sac correct Rhunt? What do you have on Starboard side?

Basically you have to fill both sides even and slap a suck gate on... I did both 1100 full, under seat sacs, center full and slapped the suck gate on.. I made one for less than $40 and also the gate throws a huge spray off it.. haha so you may have to raise it some if it's spraying bad..

Edited by truekaotik

DarksideR    1,679

Is it necessary to be loaded level while using these suction slappers? I wouldn't think it would matter.

Cdifranco    463

Is it necessary to be loaded level while using these suction slappers? I wouldn't think it would matter.

I do not run level when I run the delta. I usually fill up both sides and slam the boat level to start, and then drain one side to tweak the wave and get the tip of the delta to be just at the water line. For me I only have like a 8" window I can suction cup it to the side of my 211.

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 2

RhuntIII    555

You have a Avy sac correct Rhunt? What do you have on Starboard side?

Basically you have to fill both sides even and slap a suck gate on... I did both 1100 full, under seat sacs, center full and slapped the suck gate on.. I made one for less than $40 and also the gate throws a huge spray off it.. haha so you may have to raise it some if it's spraying bad..

My starboard isn't even the water guy :devil: Okay, here'e my plan....

Weight the boat down like we do and film some measurements and the ride. Next, I'll take the 800lbs on the seats and floor and drain. I will then, Install the sticky-suck and film those measurements, and ride. My final test will be adding the 800lbs back into the walkthrough transom for redisplacement.

And yes, Avy type bag.

Edited by RhuntIII

RhuntIII    555

I'm thinking No. I'm hoping for a less listed Avy with the aid of a slap-sticker. Same weight less list.

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

suction slappers

slap-sticker

sticky-suck

slap-n-stick gate

I like where this thread is heading. It could get quite amusing.

• Like 3

Nick213    583

LMAO yes CO, imo there not needed on our boats unless you have a eliteV, cyclone or a direct drive centurion!

• Like 2

truekaotik    458

My starboard isn't even the water guy :devil: Okay, here'e my plan....

Weight the boat down like we do and film some measurements and the ride. Next, I'll take the 800lbs on the seats and floor and drain. I will then, Install the sticky-suck and film those measurements, and ride. My final test will be adding the 800lbs back into the walkthrough transom for redisplacement.

And yes, Avy type bag.

I wasn't level. I only have a 1100 on the Starboard side. Port has 1835, center was full.

Nick213    583

I haven't tried one but from the reading I've done on these suck gates there useless on a deep V if it's weighted correctly your doing more harm then good. i.e. The quick surf has proven to use more gph so I imagine that stays true to a suck gate or surf gate so why not get the great wave/wake with less gas consumption? JMTC

If it's fear or dislike of listing what's there to worry about? I've yet to read a thread that someone has sunk there boat because of listing..... that said there could be some dumb guys out there that have but can't say so because of humiliation and or insurance claims, but still I haven't heard of one yet.

RhuntIII    555

I've yet to read a thread that someone has sunk there boat because of listing..... that said there could be some dumb guys out there that have but can't say so because of humiliation and or insurance claims, but still I haven't heard of one yet.

You won't unless you are on a Mastercraft site.

• Like 1

Nick213    583

You won't unless you are on a Mastercraft site.

Im not and never will be!

I have head of multiple X80's that have sunk an will never touch a mastercrap unless I need a insurance claim ;)

• Like 1

daz28iroc    73

More specific

Listed setup:

1400 rear

1100 observer seat

400 center stock

Lots of people.

2650rpm

11mph +/-

Sucking setup:

1400 port

1100 star

400 center

450 ish front

Lots of people

3100 rpm

15" pitch prop

11 +/- mph

Suckgate lb for lb makes more push/ length / curl.

Suckgates not as clean looking but worth it.

DrNate    426

I haven't tried one but from the reading I've done on these suck gates there useless on a deep V if it's weighted correctly your doing more harm then good. i.e. The quick surf has proven to use more gph so I imagine that stays true to a suck gate or surf gate so why not get the great wave/wake with less gas consumption? JMTC

If it's fear or dislike of listing what's there to worry about? I've yet to read a thread that someone has sunk there boat because of listing..... that said there could be some dumb guys out there that have but can't say so because of humiliation and or insurance claims, but still I haven't heard of one yet.

We're just trying to get bags off of seats. It will either work or it won't. We shall see

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

More specific

Listed setup:

1400 rear

1100 observer seat

400 center stock

Lots of people.

2650rpm

11mph +/-

Sucking setup:

1400 port

1100 star

400 center

450 ish front

Lots of people

3100 rpm

15" pitch prop

11 +/- mph

Suckgate lb for lb makes more push/ length / curl.

Suckgates not as clean looking but worth it.

When did they start putting in 400# center tanks?

DarksideR    1,679

is it not 400#? what is stock center tank?

250lbs I think.

Cdifranco    463

Rhuntll how far as you from Austin? I will be in Austin the weekend of the 17th, if you're local I will just pack my wake surf delta slap sticker in my carry on and you can try it out.

• Like 2