h20king    794

Well they must work well enough looks like my dealer NW Boat Sports is making them now as well. They call their's the wake break and are including one with every boat they sell that does not have a surf system.

post-777-0-61473300-1471476810_thumb.jpg

tprice    118

H, I'm using one Friday morning on my 226.

A buddy up at merwin has one for his 226, has same ballast set up I do and raves about how awesome it is. Said it makes the wave a monster.

I'd be happy not switching sides if I didn't have to and list, who wouldn't ?

Chexi    35

You may need to up the speed from a listed setup to elongate the wave. On my 233, it does create a monster wave, but it is shorter than I like, so up the speed goes.

h20king    794

H, I'm using one Friday morning on my 226.

A buddy up at merwin has one for his 226, has same ballast set up I do and raves about how awesome it is. Said it makes the wave a monster.

I'd be happy not switching sides if I didn't have to and list, who wouldn't ?

let me know I have quick surf and can get an ok wave but listed is way better

BigFoiz    23

I am a regular surfer and have lots of push on the port side with my 233, but have no problem surfing both sides with the trident at 250 lbs, with just listing the boat to the surf side. After your review of the suck gate, I am looking forward to at least trying out a suck gate this week to see if it helps out the goofy side for my son. Suction handles just showed up today. Tried building a suck gate with just a HOD handle, but just kept coming loose. Hopefully the new handle works better.

Hopefully I get enough time in the morning to swap out the suction handles before we head out for surfing after lunch.

The HOD handle sucks, I tried it too and it didn't hold. Buy the aluminum heavy duty Cosmos handle from Amazon, its LEGIT

wesp    12

has anyone used it on the fx 22 yet?

madmike    24

Couldn't get the sup handle to stick on my fx22 under power... I've got a cosmos handle on the way that I'm gonna try next week

Mpod    2

The Harbor Freight handle works great on my FX22.

It held all day and was fine up to 18mph. Didn't go beyond that.

This pic is with the wakeplate @20%. At zero, its taller but not as much length. Speed 10.7mph.

307fb488e5ec48241e5dfe8cf3afdc16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mpod

Cdifranco    463

For those who want to replicate. Hope these very rough dimensions help 90fd0db7c38e5408e9982129c456326b.jpga5a55b46159a74b424b998b4ae269c43.jpgaa4aaa6a59e97eee312409da78062550.jpgb5a959b23fe14957ccf438ebeeddb2b0.jpg8115e643aa0b8f88fd16127bde0bb7e7.jpgb101eca9053ac177100ca967619109a0.jpg68384da26b5218d25131d05d4ed6d461.jpg1f45491caefc7fd9a39bbae773d1ea8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phillewis    39

I tried one out today on my 226... could not get a clean wave, no matter what the setup... tried 6 different placements along both sides. Just a washy mess. I tried every trim tab and quick surf tab setting imaginable, and a dozen different ballast setups... nothing seemed to work. The RPM's were way high, about 4700 and barely getting to speed. My conclusion... not necessary on the 226. I get an amazing wave just fully listed with a touch of the QS tabs. I was optimistic based on the dozens of reviews online, but in the end, the 226 is an incredible surf boat as-is. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Good thing they have a 30 day return policy!

• Like 2

tprice    118

So I used the Mission Delta Friday morning on my 14 226 and was extremely pleased and surprised.

Filled both rear bags (1k lbs each side)

Under side bench seats, eight 40 lb pellet bags per side and nine 40lb pellet bags in the bow.

Trim tab at 100 both sides .

Port side wave was incredible, biggest wave I've had to date and super clean.

Starboard side had a bit of white wash, not bad though I will live with it. Crazy amount of push throughout, actually the best push I've had and freaky big.

I was out with just my son so pics were hard to get as I was on look out most of time for the lake sherrif.

I'll be picking one up this week for the 226

I think I was still around 3900-4000 rpm's

stoked    1,039

The suck gate wave is like big foot, it's claimed to exist but no one is able to get a photo. I've seen more photos of the suction handle than the wave!

With of course the exception of the FX22 picture above, however I'd like to see a person on the wave for reference, especially in that flat part

• Like 1

Sporty    4

Hello all.

I have surfed with the Mission suckgate all summer, the last 40-50 days or so and although we were not sure at the beginning if it was a waste of time or not, we now could not live without it. In the first few days I thought it would be on the "oh well, at least we tried" pile, but now really, we like it a lot. This is on 2007 Enzo 240 listed with about 3800lbs,We run a bit of counter all the time so suckgate is submerged when listed. It does nothing for the starboard wave but substantially improves the port wave. I don't think it makes it any bigger or changes any push, just reshapes the wave so much more of the face is usable.

I have had this enzo since 2010 and have put on about 650 hours of surfing so I have an idea of how we like our wave.

I could give a rats tush about fuel consumpion as if you are surfing I am not sure that is or should be top of mind! Pretty much goes from terrible to really terrible. But it makes us have way more fun and that is why we surf.

Just starting a storm cycle here in BC today so I cannot post any pics, but I will try after sun comes back out.

Don't slam this till you have had a good chance to try it.

Sporty.

• Like 2

stoked    1,039

Oh I'm not slamming it, I'm just pointing out the joke that there are a ton of posts on here along the line of "The wave was amazing, best we've ever seen, but because of ___________ we weren't able to get any photos"

Add "storm cycle" to the list LOL :laughing:

• Like 2

Copenglenn    44
05199d3080b293b40dabb49716a8f2ac.jpg Here's the only pic of our suckgate wave. I can't remember how fast we were going but generally between 10.5-11.5 is where it likes it.
  • Like 1

DrNate    426

Just to update this thread. Chexi brought his to the CrewMeet last weekend and tried to put it on my SV 240. It wouldn't stick no matter what he tried. The Enzo has a curve on the back/side and it kept falling off. After loading up the boat with full ballast, he agreed. Not needed on a 240.

Now, goofy side is a whole other matter. But if it wouldn't stick to the Starboard side I don't know if it would stick to the Port side either

• Like 1

BigFoiz    23

post-7683-0-64339900-1471885109_thumb.jpg

I posted this in a couple places already. This is with even weight on both sides and surfgate on starboard side. I was able to ride this wave til I was so exhausted I just fell over. I've never even been able ride more than a minute before now...

• Like 2

Chexi    35

That looks pretty darn good. Hard to tell just how tall it is without a rider, but that is very long. What speed?

BigFoiz    23

That looks pretty darn good. Hard to tell just how tall it is without a rider, but that is very long. What speed?

I've been running at 11.5 mph. The wave on the port side isn't really tall but it has a lot of push. For some reason the wave on the starboard side is a little taller and not as long...go figure. Both sides have tons of push though.

DarksideR    1,679

Holy pooh, Sporty lives!!! Thought he was gone forever.

• Like 1