stoked    1,039

Thats a tough one. It is a lot more fuel burn, but the wave is not leagues above the FS wave. For me it was more about not having to list so it was worth it but overall if you dont care about listing I would say no its not worth the price difference of the boat or the fuel burn increase.

On another note that is absolutely insane that the dealer doesnt do demos until you sign to buy. I have 4 different dealerships throwing boats at me right now, and I get to take most of them out without the dealer even being there! If a dealer tried to do that to me they wouldnt be selling me a boat at all.... How do they sell boats to people that havent rode it or the other options 1st?

Exactly! They just don't seem to care. They only stock 4 centurions at any one time, and the guy that does the builds goes with the same color scheme for all of them. It seems they'd rather sell jet skis and pontoon boats. My next Centurion won't come from them, unless they can actually go out of their way to remember me when I walk in the door...

• Like 2

madmike    24

Thats a tough one. It is a lot more fuel burn, but the wave is not leagues above the FS wave. For me it was more about not having to list so it was worth it but overall if you dont care about listing I would say no its not worth the price difference of the boat or the fuel burn increase.

On another note that is absolutely insane that the dealer doesnt do demos until you sign to buy. I have 4 different dealerships throwing boats at me right now, and I get to take most of them out without the dealer even being there! If a dealer tried to do that to me they wouldnt be selling me a boat at all.... How do they sell boats to people that havent rode it or the other options 1st?

Back on topic, Ive been thinking about buying my '14 FX22 back from my dealer at a super low price and pocketing the cash from my RI. Id be interested to see what this device would do on that hull evenly weighted, especially since it has such little freeboard.

I'll let you know this weekend, I'm building one for my 2014 fx22 and will snap some pics... We are use to listing pretty heavily so we'll see how this goes

• Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

I'll let you know this weekend, I'm building one for my 2014 fx22 and will snap some pics... We are use to listing pretty heavily so we'll see how this goes

Sweet, cant wait to see them!

h20king    794

if you have surfed your listed wake my bet is it goes in the garbage LOL

poidog1    74

so I saw this today on FB. Looks like a cross between the suckgate and that skateboard ramp mod. $214

https://www.wakesurfedge.com/

so I saw this today on FB. Looks like a cross between the suckgate and that skateboard ramp mod. $214

https://www.wakesurfedge.com/

. Here we go.. It's coming. The battle of the suck gate builders. Before you know it there will be one tha attaches across the whole transom. Adjusts up and down, in and out.

h20king    794

I don't get it and maybe someone can explain it to me. Why are so many people on this forum interested in these. This is the centurion / supreme sight. Other than the early models with the hull cutouts our boats surf. Those of us serious about surfing that have surf systems don't use them because the wake is better listed unless you have the ri. A deep V boat evenly weighted drives like a pig when trying to turn around and uses way more fuel. Our boats are why surf systems came about in the first place. They help a boat that won't surf surf.

• Like 3

Cdifranco    463

I don't get it and maybe someone can explain it to me. Why are so many people on this forum interested in these. This is the centurion / supreme sight. Other than the early models with the hull cutouts our boats surf. Those of us serious about surfing that have surf systems don't use them because the wake is better listed unless you have the ri. A deep V boat evenly weighted drives like a pig when trying to turn around and uses way more fuel. Our boats are why surf systems came about in the first place. They help a boat that won't surf surf.

I would like to use one for the days I have 10 people on boat all wanting to surf and there is a mix of reg/goofy riders and we are limited for time. My lake is whitecaps by 1030am. If I can just suction cup something and swap sides for a day like that then yes. The days it's my 3 guy crew and we are shredding I list the hell out of my boat. Not all the time do I need to be a hero and have a tsunami wave.

So do I need it? No, you are correct my boat throw a mean wave as it was designed too. But for me there is potential for this device to get used on my boat atleast.

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 2

h20king    794

That makes sense. If we only have 1 one goofy rider they get quick surf after the regular riders get listed . If more than one I take the time to switch sides so they get the best wake I can give them.

They are helpful. The one I tested did help. But it's not what I'm after. I'm after the total displacement with 2 full Enzo sacs and trim devices. The way I list it the thing is only partially submerged.

h20king    794

They are helpful. The one I tested did help. But it's not what I'm after. I'm after the total displacement with 2 full Enzo sacs and trim devices. The way I list it the thing is only partially submerged.

I have more ballast than two enzo sacks and a surf system and the wave is far better listed

CO Surfer    289

I didn't either. Just nice not having to list or drain and fill bags. Can run full and take 30 seconds for opposite riders. Didn't have tabs on 2013 to just flip a switch.

Plus everyone can sit comfortably anywhere on boat, don't have to play musical chairs. The centurions I have ridden don't allow you to sit on non-surf side when fully listed, so don't kid yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what Centurions you've been on but I haven't seen a noticeable difference where people sit on my boat. I'm definitely not kidding myself. I'm also not telling people where to sit. When I'm surfing, I have my wife driving and my 12 year old daughter somewhere in the back to grab the rope. The few times we've had extra people on the boat, they have been sitting non surf side at least part of the time (observer seat and off side bow). I never noticed a difference if there was one.

I use Ramfill to switch sides. Wife rides regular; daughter and I are darksiders so we switch 2-3 times a day. Takes 1 minute. No suck gate needed.

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289
post-7344-0-87186400-1470803887_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 1

Donnyj77    3

I have a 2000 elite-v. Made a homemade wake shaper not delta wake shaper but similar. Added 1600 rear 700 front evenly weighted. Very nice wake.

I have more ballast than two enzo sacks and a surf system and the wave is far better listed

What I mean is if I want to list my boat without filling up the cabin with bags, it's not enough gross weight to get the vents down to the water. I struggle surfing unless I can get those vents down. If I use both areas full or slightly more on the surf side and then mechanically list the boat, I think it will do what I want.

I'm working with an sv230 and want all ballast concealed without carrying lead. I'm 225lb also so i need a large wave to ride. I'm with you on the fact that centurions produce the best wave listed. What I noticed while testing the interceptor "blade" protruding down, it lists the boat big Time and causes it to crab along which is exactly what we want.

Cdifranco    463

Tested the mission delta today on my sv211.

For what it is I think it's definitly a cool product. I filled only my QuickFills and pro ballasts. No PNP. Stuck it on and turned a curl.

Wave looked amazing on the port side, actually was taller than my listed wave. Had great push.

Goofy was shorter and more washy but was acceptable for me, push was also great.

Like h2o has said I'll still list my boat when we're all the same side, but on these next 4-5 weekends my boat will be full up of people and I think this will be an easier transition between people and sides and Wakeboarding/kneeboarding which we also do with those bags and QuickFills full.

And nope, no pics today, we just wanted to try it out and being 100 out spent all day with wet hands. On a negative note, my belts squeeking and it's time for some maintenance!

Edited by Cdifranco

BigFoiz    23

I know these boats were made to be listed for surfing but I'm telling you that I haven't been able to go ropeless until I made a suckgate. I tried pretty much every ballast configuration listed HEAVILY and with a P5 Trident board (because I weigh 240 lbs). Last night I went out and filled both QF, both PnP, and the bow sac and the goofy wave was INSANE. Not only could I drop the rope but I was surfing 15 feet behind the boat with plenty of push. my 110 lb wife was so far behind the boat I needed binoculars to see her lol. Then when we wanted to pull a regular rider, I pulled it off and put it on the other side and 30 seconds later we were off with an even better port side wave. The handling is no worse than when the boat is turned on its side IMO, maybe a little more fuel burn due to extra ballast weight but well worth it. Just my .02

• Like 2

bluesman280    99

I know these boats were made to be listed for surfing but I'm telling you that I haven't been able to go ropeless until I made a suckgate. I tried pretty much every ballast configuration listed HEAVILY and with a P5 Trident board (because I weigh 240 lbs). Last night I went out and filled both QF, both PnP, and the bow sac and the goofy wave was INSANE. Not only could I drop the rope but I was surfing 15 feet behind the boat with plenty of push. my 110 lb wife was so far behind the boat I needed binoculars to see her lol. Then when we wanted to pull a regular rider, I pulled it off and put it on the other side and 30 seconds later we were off with an even better port side wave. The handling is no worse than when the boat is turned on its side IMO, maybe a little more fuel burn due to extra ballast weight but well worth it. Just my .02

I am a regular surfer and have lots of push on the port side with my 233, but have no problem surfing both sides with the trident at 250 lbs, with just listing the boat to the surf side. After your review of the suck gate, I am looking forward to at least trying out a suck gate this week to see if it helps out the goofy side for my son. Suction handles just showed up today. Tried building a suck gate with just a HOD handle, but just kept coming loose. Hopefully the new handle works better.

Hopefully I get enough time in the morning to swap out the suction handles before we head out for surfing after lunch.