CaptnMike

Looking for info on A-plate mod kits

CaptnMike    3

Guys, I know I have seen some topics posted on Tab mods to clean up the goofy-side. Everything I am finding so far talks about DIY mods, but I am looking for a prebuilt plug-and-play kit for my 2007 Avy. Does such a thing exist? Can someone please point me in the right direction in the forums?

Thanks.

Mike

Troy    234

I dont think anyone has made a kit yet.

Do you have the manual adjust wake plate or the power wake plate?

What does your boat have now?

. I've got a sheet of 8ga on the way. Stainless. I'm about to finish mine. I'll gladly build a bolt on plate including hinge and bracket to manual or Lenco or both, in case they want to power it later.

rockballer    162

I got an A-plate off of an enzo on my AVY.... it bolted right on with only a few minor modifications... Works exactly like the stock unit.

enzo101mo    98

Mike; I had called Centurion about getting a plate through them and they told me to contact a dealer. I have no dealer near me and the closest one is 385 miles away. So maybe you first try your dealer and maybe they can get everything you need plus install it

I'll just throw it on out here, I can build and ship an a-plate with heavy .09" hinge with 3/8" pin. With the holes pre drilled and the tabs welded on to hook to a single Lenco, double Lenco or manual centurion arms. It would not be some bolted onto what's already there type of plate. It will be complete. The plate material will be 8 ga 304 stainless. I've got a whole sheet coming to do mine. I could build 10-12 plates with the sheet

• Like 1

viking    491

^^ I just might take you up on this?? ^^

I've asked in other threads but not found an answer as to whether the plate helps the starboard wakeboard wake at about 15-18mph? If it does, I'm in.

Don't care about goofy surf and I can clean that up with other settings but A-plate would just be bonus for surf.

I don't like going 25+mph to clean up the starboard side or turning port everytime the rider crosses especially when my 10yr is boarding.

Jake707    171

Tommy what are we talking price wise here, you have my interest haha

Tommy what are we talking price wise here, you have my interest haha

well before I start trading on here I'll talk with the admin first. With what I've heard I'm positive I can slip in under factory price!

CaptnMike    3

It's a manual adjust...drives me nuts. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get push on the goofy side, and it is messy as hell. It seems better (still not good) with only the back locker slammed, but when I put any other ballast in, even the center tank, it turns to crap. I was considering just removing the Tab to see what happens, but I think I'd like a articulating piston to adjust on the fly if anyone here thinks it is worthwhile.

Thanks guys.

MIke

CaptnMike    3

I'll just throw it on out here, I can build and ship an a-plate with heavy .09" hinge with 3/8" pin. With the holes pre drilled and the tabs welded on to hook to a single Lenco, double Lenco or manual centurion arms. It would not be some bolted onto what's already there type of plate. It will be complete. The plate material will be 8 ga 304 stainless. I've got a whole sheet coming to do mine. I could build 10-12 plates with the sheet

Tommy, if you can make something that I can bolt on, I might be interested. I'm fighting the Starboard side while wake-boarding like Viking is as well, but I'd need some assurance your design works as intended. Have you made one yet?

CaptnMike    3

Mike; I had called Centurion about getting a plate through them and they told me to contact a dealer. I have no dealer near me and the closest one is 385 miles away. So maybe you first try your dealer and maybe they can get everything you need plus install it

I have one pretty close, but they seemed less than interested in helping. I called this place, but not sure if any of their designs will fix my problem. http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/

Tommy, if you can make something that I can bolt on, I might be interested. I'm fighting the Starboard side while wake-boarding like Viking is as well, but I'd need some assurance your design works as intended. Have you made one yet?

oh yes. I've built it already with a Lenco actuator. I have yet to fully test it on the storyboard wave because I just don't have enough weight. I plan to invite about 10 people soon. I know that sounds crazy but at least I'll get it down slammed to starboard. I will say my port wave is beyond great. Now let me add I did add about 1000 lb of even ballast and at 20 mph I can lower the plate and watch the starboard face of the wake change. I can make it Identical to the port side. It's very effective for wakeboarding. I can take all the wash out of the wake. I posted pics in a thread I don't know how to link it. It's in the thread under mods,"addition of asymmetrical plate"

It's built from steel in the pics. It's a prototype! I ordered heavy gauge hinges and actually 7 gauge 304 stainless. Which is 3/16" I'm going to duplicate it. The measurements were used from a Pdf on the same thread. You can see mine was manual until I did this mod

Edited by Tommywalton1974
  • Like 1

Troy. R    198

I think there's a link to the relays I used in there as well.

Troy    234

oh yes. I've built it already with a Lenco actuator. I have yet to fully test it on the storyboard wave because I just don't have enough weight. I plan to invite about 10 people soon. I know that sounds crazy but at least I'll get it down slammed to starboard. I will say my port wave is beyond great. Now let me add I did add about 1000 lb of even ballast and at 20 mph I can lower the plate and watch the starboard face of the wake change. I can make it Identical to the port side. It's very effective for wakeboarding. I can take all the wash out of the wake. I posted pics in a thread I don't know how to link it. It's in the thread under mods,"addition of asymmetrical plate"

It's built from steel in the pics. It's a prototype! I ordered heavy gauge hinges and actually 7 gauge 304 stainless. Which is 3/16" I'm going to duplicate it. The measurements were used from a Pdf on the same thread. You can see mine was manual until I did this mod

This is my thread I started. http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/8608-addition-of-asymmetrical-plate/

That's nice Troy. Why would you want hydraulic captmike? A single Lenco moves mine without ANY issue. Full range up and down. Lencos do not require any complicated relays or anything. A 20 amp DPDT switch, hook to positive and ground with 12gauge wire and that's it. Single lencos are used on all sorts of new boats. Single lencos are used on centurions surf tabs. All lencos are electric and you can have them with a trim gauge or contact centurion and get a control box with centurion gauge. I'm sure they have them I've seen it.

The way I use mine is I keep it up, when I want to trim I hold the switch while watching the wake. When doe I raise it and continue. My tab will be made from stainless if i ever get the sheet.

post-5220-0-47029500-1469724466_thumb.jpeg

post-5220-0-30952400-1469724489_thumb.jpeg

post-5220-0-26795100-1469724519_thumb.jpeg

post-5220-0-87712100-1469725567_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Tommywalton1974

CaptnMike    3

That's nice Troy. Why would you want hydraulic captmike? A single Lenco moves mine without ANY issue. Full range up and down. Lencos do not require any complicated relays or anything. A 20 amp DPDT switch, hook to positive and ground with 12gauge wire and that's it. Single lencos are used on all sorts of new boats. Single lencos are used on centurions surf tabs. All lencos are electric and you can have them with a trim gauge or contact centurion and get a control box with centurion gauge. I'm sure they have them I've seen it.

The way I use mine is I keep it up, when I want to trim I hold the switch while watching the wake. When doe I raise it and continue. My tab will be made from stainless if i ever get the sheet.

That is interesting. I guess I just assumed hydraulic is what I needed. I should have known better after just installing the Wakemakers wave control with electric actuators on my buddy's Maliboo. I don't need a gauge, just a switch/dial to adjust up and down. If you would be willing to make one for me, PM me.

Edited by CaptnMike