Tommywalton1974

Soulcraft. It's time

h20king    794

Got it. I would have taken the salary too. :p

I wonder how Blue Surf's boards are though.

my guess is not much different than day 1

Cwazy1    89

I can't even find a website for 'blue surf'... am I blind?

Beerman    3

I know what it is :) I helped him design it!

It sounds killer

Cwazy1    89

thats ridiculous, they're right down the street from me...

DrNate    426

yeah, I couldn't find it either. Thanks for the link above

Lak3surf3r    714

Depends how "twitchy" the LFV was... I don't notice it myself, but when my wife first rode my Emily, she had a really hard time because of (really, the responsiveness of the board). I was surprised, because she rides her DD P5 skim like a champ. Just tell your wife to be prepared for it. It MAY take some time to get used to. But it truely is and amazing board! Good choice.

I still cant ride the wifes board as well as I can my own lol. Its very close to her production model as well, its just glassed a little thinner.

Yes, that's my concern for her riding ability. The venter is like a tank. You have to physically turn the board. When she's tried to ride my bomb pop, it's sensitivity is currently too much for her, of course just flexing your toes makes it turn. Jeff said the quad fins should make the Emily more stable and not as responsive, and then as she progresses she can remove 2 and get it to turn quickly. He recommended the Emily over the Super AV because he said if she wants to ride it in a 180 that the Emily will perform better. I think we just agreed on colors, it was very difficult to not make it orange, but I settled for the turtles and Soulcraft to be orange and getting it made in her color scheme. It's supposed to be a surprise for her, so figured it could be her colors.

Def keep the quad fin setup until she get used to it. Em's board is a little sensitive to turns but a great board (even though I prefer her old model with the diamond tail with no fangs)! I can spin surface reverse 180s with her WCT fins in the board against the prop wash even lol. I throw bigger fins in on her board than I do on mine with more foil to compensate sometimes (no pun intended). Once she gets used to the quad fins, put some nubs in and or play around with the fin configurations. Id recommend finatic (redbox or netflix of fins) for fin testing until you find the best set for your wife on a new board. https://finatic.com/

• Like 2

wheels    151

I am about to buy a soulcraft. Jeff recommended the hc pro. Should I be waiting for one of his new boards to come out?

Cwazy1    89

Id say go for it. His new boards are already out. You'd be waiting until next year if you want the 2018 lineup.

The HC is probably the best seller for 2016. The only reason it was not iterated on for 2017 is due to the fact that HC no longer rides for Soulcraft. This does not mean that the board is lesser in any way. What will likely happen is that it'll get morphed into another name and under another rider.

I am about to buy a soulcraft. Jeff recommended the hc pro. Should I be waiting for one of his new boards to come out?

enzo on LI    79

I received my new HC Pro about 5 weeks ago. I have never ridden a Soulcraft but after lengthy conversations with Jeff I am confident I made the best decision for me. Bummer about Hunter not riding for them anymore but that's not why I bought the board anyway.

volzalum    280

Well the new board for my fiancé has shipped, I should have it this week. Here are the pics Jeff sent me.

post-555-0-00687600-1490413483_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-70789700-1490413640_thumb.jpg

Edited by volzalum
  • Like 3

Bongo Fury    640

Looks Sweet voltz....a little surprised its not Rocky Top orange. LOL

volzalum    280

Looks Sweet volz....a little surprised its not Rocky Top orange. LOL

Yes, it was very hard to not order an orange one, but since it's not for me I got it in her colors. It's hard to tell by the pics, but I did get orange turtles and 'Soulcraft'.

Cwazy1    89

Nice one! Why did you not get the Jimmi8? Or was the JS Pro recommended?

volzalum    280

Nice one! Why did you not get the Jimmi8? Or was the JS Pro recommended?

If asking me instead of EnzoOnLi, this board is for a 140 pound female, not me. She will ride with 4 big fins until she gets more experience and can control the board, then may change to 2 fins plus nubsters. I currently ride a BombPop.

enzo on LI    79

b817647d75c3ca47b08f07e18ca170d5.jpg538e8598cfdc79418bf47814259b9ce2.jpg

Finally did the Tapatalk thing so I could post a couple of pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

h20king    794

Nice love the new soulcraft board bag as well. Grabbed a couple myself

enzo on LI    79
Nice love the new soulcraft board bag as well. Grabbed a couple myself

Board sock and bag are awesome. Can't wait to get out and surf it. Almost time hear in north Iowa

Cwazy1    89

looks great!

my only gripe with the board bag is that the handle should have been 1" further back on the bag. The current position is a little off center with the board in there.

enzo on LI    79
looks great!

my only gripe with the board bag is that the handle should have been 1" further back on the bag. The current position is a little off center with the board in there.

I honestly didn't even notice that. I won't be carrying it much though anyway...just there for protection