CrewAdmin

2017 Supreme Boats Models Released

truekaotik    458

My thoughts. The dash is probably better in person than in the pics and I could live with it. The windshield though is another story. We boat on a huge river that gets big wind and chop so a full windshield is a Must!! Our boat and myself would get soaked frequently. We love our 238 but with that said if a full windshield is not a option this will be our last supreme !!!next boat will be a different brand with a full windshield!!!!!

Wait!!! Hold the bus... H did you just say you liked the new digital on the S238 that's a old Centurion Medalion (IIRC) digital dash??? Or close looking..

You said you would never own a boat with a computer???

Edited by truekaotik

WakeDoc    471

The Boatmate tongue is maybe 6 inches longer, this gets the bow/nose of the boat further away from the tow vehicle to be able to make tighter turns. Unless you are backing up in straight and taking basic turns I would rather have the length. On my trailer with the tongue swung out of the way the bow of the boat sits straight over the top of it as it is supposed to. The Boatmate main rails are mandrel bent, not welded, the trailer is solid. I have owned 2 as well as 1 Extreme, I would take a Boatmate hands down.

• Like 4

h20king    794

Wait!!! Hold the bus... H did you just say you liked the new digital on the S238 that's a old Centurion Medalion (IIRC) digital dash??? Or close looking..

You said you would never own a boat with a computer???

it is similar to the micro touch screen used in some of the centurions and yes I think it looks ok.all boats now have gone digital except for sanger so it is no longer a choice

The Boatmate tongue is maybe 6 inches longer, this gets the bow/nose of the boat further away from the tow vehicle to be able to make tighter turns. Unless you are backing up in straight and taking basic turns I would rather have the length. On my trailer with the tongue swung out of the way the bow of the boat sits straight over the top of it as it is supposed to. The Boatmate main rails are mandrel bent, not welded, the trailer is solid. I have owned 2 as well as 1 Extreme, I would take a Boatmate hands down.

Maybe my Boatmate is a little different but id say it was def two feet longer than my last trailer.(sport boat). I have to basically jack knife it into my garage so the tongue is important to me.

viking    491

I'm pretty sure the dealers have a choice (or at least they did) regarding trailer manufacturers and which trailer they offer up with the boat purchase?

What I found when I ordered my 15 was that west coast dealers primarily used VM and east coast primary used Boatmate due to shipping charges and end user pricing. However I know of some west coast dealers at that time that sold their boats with boatmate regardless. Maybe they don't have that leeway anymore??

I ended up paying for the Supertube VM and been more than satisfied with it. I had 2 boatmate trailers with previous vessels and my supertube is much better all around. But I paid a hefty penny compared to the basic VM.

Can't say that I am overly excited about the switch to either at this point.

WakeDoc    471

Maybe my Boatmate is a little different but id say it was def two feet longer than my last trailer.(sport boat). I have to basically jack knife it into my garage so the tongue is important to me.

First off, 6 inches is not that big of a difference but, I would rather have the extra room since I have to swing the boat into the driveway at almost a 90 degree angle, then once to the garage thread the needle into it at another odd angle to get it past the garage door opener hanging from the ceiling and other toys.

2839-800.jpg

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Yeah I've seen Docs set up.. It's tough from go with a single drive way with no error either side. Then that pig slammed into a normal two car detached garage... Damn respect on that one..

• Like 2

volzalum    280

I love my BoatMate Trailer. If I were getting a new boat I would order without a trailer and have BoatMate build me one.

• Like 2

CO Surfer    289

There is nothing about that trailer that I like. I'm with Volzalum. I'd have Boatmate build me a trailer and ship it out to Fineline.

rrd525    40

That is what I thought about those covers.

I have seen a reference to Rev 8's and a 12" sub on another dealers site. Not sure if that is a new factory option for 2017 or dealer upgrade.

viking    491

the 2 pumps on the starboard side look like they are installed upside down. A good way to ruin the pumps.

Tower speakers are like the trailer, don't order with them and buy what you want!!

Still hate the windshield but I could grow to live with the dash.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

the 2 pumps on the starboard side look like they are installed upside down. A good way to ruin the pumps.

All three of my pumps are installed that way. I brought it to my dealers attention. He inquired with the factory and they told him that they've been installing them like that for some time and it's not an issue. I know my instructions for my Ultra Johnsons stipulated that the brass end be down or the pump lay flat. Never brass end up. If the seal leaks water will go right into the electric motor and I hear that's not ideal. :blushing: If they weren't such a pain to get to, I'd flip them.

truekaotik    458

So the pump manufacturer says to do it a certain way but the boat manufacturer says they do it with "no known issues"? You would think they would install them the proper way of the pump manufacturer...

Question now, when it does fail who is gonna cover it?? Lol

• Like 4

Supreme would cover the pump and they would hash it out with jabsco(if anyone cared to do that). I've never heard of an issue with running them that way and have run them for many years like that without issue, but I agree, why even put them like that in the beginning. Must be a space or routing issue.

stoked    1,039

Dark and I have the same boat, it's weird that his were upside down and mine were right side up. So clearly it comes down to the installer and not much else

DarksideR    1,679

Dark and I have the same boat, it's weird that his were upside down and mine were right side up. So clearly it comes down to the installer and not much else

I think they changed the pump location in 2016. Mine are mounted behind the engine against the stern wall on super beefy brackets. I believe your 2015 had two mounted to the seat back in front of the engine and one laying flat on the STBD side of the engine compartment. The pumps could have very easily been installed "correctly". The only reason I can see that they did it this way is that they're nicely labeled on the brass bottoms.

DarksideR    1,679

788ea61a94bd2c7de550e31a73040c19.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk