1468943613-U7.jpg
Supreme Boats 238 - check out the new tower

1468943661-U7.jpg
Supreme Boats 211 - Windshield has changed as well

1468943682-U7.jpg
Supreme Boats 211 - Looks good on the water

1468943701-U7.jpg
Supreme Boats S202 - The all new S202

What does everyone think about the changes?

viking    491

Like the new tower! Not a fan of the windshield as it's too much like Axis and looks unfinished and cheap to me.

Tower looks way to big on the 202, it looks very "boxy" in the back and maybe its just the pic?

Whats with the surf tab on the trailer in the 2nd picture?

Cdifranco    463

Seconded on not liking the windshield.. Makes it look cheap to me. Let's see the interior and this allegedly digital dash state

rrd525    40

The 238, 202 and 211 tower have reverted to the old backwards sweep. Wonder how much head clearance there is when boarding from the swim platform down to the bench, and where the Bimini hangs. Not sure about a non wrap windshield.

Trailers are different. No lit up Supreme at the rear. A stainless name plate up front.
Wonder what cabin and mechanical features, if any, have changed?

Edited by rrd525

DarksideR    1,679

I like the new tower, but it looks like it's mounted too far back. I'm betting the Bimini will be forward mounted and almost identical to the Centurion ones which is great in my opinion. But that tower has to move forward. You'll hit your face getting in even on the 238 by the looks of it. My guess is that they have it mounted there to put the tower speakers far enough back that they're not blowing passengers eardrums while blasting music to the rider. That'd be great, but not at the expense of a broken nose ;)

As far as the windshield goes... I'm not a fan. There is great reasons to have a windshield of this design, but I'll say this, I almost bought an MB instead of Centurion or Supreme. Two big reasons I didn't were the aesthetics of the windshield and the cheap plastic dash.

Now show us the dash!!!

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

Definitely not a fan of the new windshield. The trailer looks kind of cheap compared to the Boatmates. Tower looks way low. I like the swept back design better. The all black boat just doesn't do it for me. I'm probably in the minority there. I like a little contrast.

Dandy    43

Dislike the new windshield and tower placement. Our family looked hard at a G21 a few years back and I hit my head on the tower 3 times (I am a slow learner) while on the showroom floor. My wife @ 5'3" didn't seem to mind :laughing:. For some reason, it wasn't an issue on the G23, I am guessing the location was the same distance from the windshield so it came back further on the 21'. I am guessing this will be a complaint by alot of folks. I love the look of the new tower, but I think they need to move it up further in order to avoid hitting heads when boarding from the deck.

• Like 1

I think it's a step backwards. Tower and windshield.

I wonder if they are options? Likely, just the way it will be. If the tower folded lower than the current one, I'd be thrilled. It's been a pita to get a new trailer for my S238.

RhuntIII    555

Great work on the tower, looks good but what happened to the windshield?! Are y'all trying to follow suit with Mastercraft and Axis? I hope that with the folding forward commit from NWBS that there is something practical about this. I really liked the 2016 238 except for the rear facing tower

You had one job....

:laughing:

Cdifranco    463

I guess I'm in the minority here. I love both. IIRC, tower folds forward.

That's because you're in sales! :2guns: lolol

• Like 2

DrNate    426

Three strikes and you're out:

1. Picklefork

2. Half a windshield

3. Tower too far back

Why doesn't anyone ask people on this forum what they think before shipping product to the masses? Just doesn't make sense. I know that we don't ALWAYS agree on everything, but in my 8+ years on this forum, we usually come to decent consensus about what is great and what is absolutely horrible. Who do they think buys these boats?!?!? WE DO! Or at least we DID :secret:

• Like 3

stoked    1,039

I'd like to see a photo with the bimini open on the S238, I don't like the tower that far back, but if they do the bimini right it could "save" it. The windshield looks horrible. I guess they're thinking drivers want to put their arm out the window while they're driving?

rockballer    162

Don't know if I totally disagree with the towers being farther back. I have been on the dock many of times and need to get to the drivers seat.... only to be blocked by someone and the tower. with it in the new location at least the driver can see allot better and have a jump seat from the dock.... would I buy one... Heck no. These boats are just too plain

viking    491

Well at least the 226 looks good! LOL cause they didn't change it and still has decent windshield :)

Still don't know what's up with the wing on the trailer though??

Stretch    409

I think it looks good on the white boat

RhuntIII    555

For the real test....

...My wife's opinion.

Edited by RhuntIII
  • Like 1

I think the rear swept tower is waaaay more functional. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled ropes out of board racks on the forward swept ones. And I don't want to take a half mile circle to not get them tangled when picking up a rider. Also the speakers positioned further back is so much nicer for the passengers eardrums. It's kind of annoying when I have to pass out earplugs when someone is trying to wakeboard and wants to listen to music....I'm not kidding here. Especially because I think they are bringing the HLCD's back. I'm very skeptical of the windshield...it may grow on me, but while it may be more functional, I don't think the boat has as much pop in appearance Thought it's not like a new mastercraft which hurts the eyes to look at for too long. I mean, just looking at the pure sexyness of the 2016 S238 can put very impure thoughts into the mind of an otherwise holy man. It's just a d@mn gorgeous machine. Pics attached for reference (SFW-MAYBE??).....

• Like 2

NW Boat Sports    232

That's because you're in sales! :2guns: lolol

Doesn't mean I like everything. I think the new 2017 Axis dash is hideous and 5 steps backwards...