13randon

Homemade "suckgate" success story.

Mpod    2

Sorry guys, those photo's were right-side up when I uploaded them. Those waves do look horrible sideways...

Looks good. I'll stick anything to my boat if it lets me surf without all my interior covered in bags. If someone has success with a love seat dragging behind the boat I'll do the same.

• Like 4

DarksideR    1,679

Looks good. I'll stick anything to my boat if it lets me surf without all my interior covered in bags. If someone has success with a love seat dragging behind the boat I'll do the same.

Bahahaaa! Surf junky right there! Nice

• Like 1

Jake707    171

What weight setup are you running donnj77?

enzo101mo    98

Anyone have the a drawing on how to build them.

Bigfoiz I really like yours and I have a whole sheet of that material. do you have a drawings

Donnyj77    3

I had 800 on each side in the rear. A 350 in between the front walkway and a big guy in the front. Took it out tonight and had a hard time planing with out the extra big guy in the front. Going to do two 350 sacks in the bow next time with the 800×2 in the rear.

Jake707    171

Dam, I only have two 750s and one 400 and im normally the "big guy". I need fatter friends........

Copenglenn    44

935da21e85f87428b80612e036091e0b.jpgcb84507f2280f1b95460371ed05ec910.jpg

Here's the suckgate I made and have been using. Same Amazon aluminum handled suction cups and cutting board. I used some 3/4" HDPE that I had to make the supports. Works great on my SV230 and hasn't come off yet. I'm making a different one that should be a little easier to attach since the levers will be more accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoked    1,039

That's really not a bad looking wave at all. How's the push on that BBFB?

Cdifranco    463

Really nice looks curl..

And BBFB haha?

Copenglenn    44

That's actually a hyperlite shim. It's a pretty fun board. Got to spend some time on the new liquid force Keen. It's a lot of fun and fast. No problem riding way back on it.6ff11a3fd86983f942b8bdc0323753bd.jpg

• Like 1

BigFoiz    23

Anyone have the a drawing on how to build them.

Bigfoiz I really like yours and I have a whole sheet of that material. do you have a drawings

I don't have technical drawing like some of these guys with CAD files to upload, but I can draw a little schematic and post it. Its really easy to do

BigFoiz    23

So here is my ghetto top/end/front drawing. On the side view I didn't have enough room to draw the front plate but you get the idea from the top view. Basically you will cut out a pattern in the HDPE that looks like the side view (you need 2 of those, one for each side). Then you cut out the plate. You will need to drill a couple holes through the HDPE side pieces and into the suction cup handle then run a couple bolts through to hold it together. I just used wood screws to hold the plate to the side braces. I wanted to repost a pic of my regular wave with this contraption, I think the results speak for themselves. Happy to answer any more questions...

post-7683-0-00980900-1471019042_thumb.jpg

post-7683-0-55449200-1471019054_thumb.jpg

Mpod    2

Are you guys mounting the gate with the plate perpendicular to your rubrail or tilting it toward the bow to cut down on spray?

The one I tested was perpendicular to the hull, or exactly parallel to the plane of the transom. All the way at the back and spray was not bad enough to even worry about.

enzo101mo    98

So here is my ghetto top/end/front drawing. On the side view I didn't have enough room to draw the front plate but you get the idea from the top view. Basically you will cut out a pattern in the HDPE that looks like the side view (you need 2 of those, one for each side). Then you cut out the plate. You will need to drill a couple holes through the HDPE side pieces and into the suction cup handle then run a couple bolts through to hold it together. I just used wood screws to hold the plate to the side braces. I wanted to repost a pic of my regular wave with this contraption, I think the results speak for themselves. Happy to answer any more questions...

Thanks I had ordered the same suction cup and I am going to get started on this right away. Cup should be here tomorrow

chenige    84

Ok, I am going to make one of the suction gates and compare it to my angled one.

enzo101mo    98

I was checking out my friend Axis Boat surf gate. I measure out to be 12" wide and 19" long with two heavy duty SS hinges and a Lenco Actuator. Then my Wife said; you'll have to drill holes in the boat, is that a good thing to do. I looked at the rear corner of my Enzo and it has a terrace drop layer so hinges would be a problem.

My next question I have the side swipe exhaust where should I sick my suckgate?

Jake707    171

Ok, I am going to make one of the suction gates and compare it to my angled one.

This should be a good comparison. Im interested in seeing if there is a significant difference in the designs. Keep us posted.