13randon

Homemade "suckgate" success story.

13randon    6

A little backstory, bought a new to me 2004 escalade in May and coming from a sport bowrider I had been extemely excited to just throw some weight in the port side and surf like a madman.. A month later and many different ballast setup attempts and I was still unable to go ropeless.Until last weekend that is ?. I made a homemade suckgate off of some schematics I saw on other forums for 20$ and it worked like a charm. I tossed on the suckgate,filled the 1100 in my port locker,500 under my walkthrough and the stock center ballast and the wave literally came alive. What an exciting feeling to actually be surfing ropeless,needless to say im hooked. Ive surfed behind a buddies brand new mojo and his wave didn't compare. Now to just get the girlfriend behind the boat once in a while ?

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Pictures of this suckgate please.

lifesvr    3

I have a homemade suckgate and it's super ugly but it makes one hell of a surf

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Found lots of info on suckgate, google search.

Show the waves!

chenige    84

I think with the older hulls (my 2000 elite) the surfgate can really help. Put all the weight in you have (850# both sides, 700# surf seat area) and in the bow. I have a 650# bag in the bow (under seats so it probably is not filling all the way) and would like to try more weight to see if that lengthens the wake. Last year I did not have the surfgate and only filled one side. You cold only surf right behind the boat.

We also have a rather shallow lake. 6'- 15' in surfing areas.

post-5486-0-84628200-1468509749_thumb.jpgpost-5486-0-90765500-1468509768_thumb.jpgpost-5486-0-48400200-1468509785_thumb.jpg

Edited by chenige

BigFoiz    23

I'm getting ready to make one tonight with the HOD handle and HDPE so we'll have to see how it turns out. I'm basically doing it in an attempt to see if I can lengthen my wave out a bit. I've got a 2012 SV233 and have about 2000# ballast on the surf side but the wave is way too tall and short (length-wise) and adding bow weight just isn't quite doing the trick. I'll let ya'll know how it works out...

Edited by BigFoiz

I'm getting ready to make one tonight with the HOD handle and HDPE so we'll have to see how it turns out. I'm basically doing it in an attempt to see if I can lengthen my wave out a bit. I've got a 2012 SV233 and have about 2000# ballast on the surf side but the wave is way too tall and short (length-wise) and adding bow weight just isn't quite doing the trick. I'll let ya'll know how it works out...

How fast are you going?

BigFoiz    23

How fast are you going?

We usually have to stay between 11-11.5 in order to get any good push. If I drop below 11 the wave sucks for some reason.

Exact Same thing with my 230. 11.5-12 is awesome. Below 11.5 wake widens out and wave is at least 4' tall wall of suckfest. I've also noticed on glass the wave is epic.

I learned about zero bow weight when no one was up there and it was going great, all of a sudden wave lost push and I fell out.. Looked up and my gf had walked to bow. She's 135lb so I never would have though that little weight would cause that much difference

DarksideR    1,679

Try adding some counterweight in the back corner non surf side. 500lbs or less. Add the weight, if it's washed out, start draininit till it cleans up.

DarksideR    1,679

@chenige

That looks to have done an amazing job!!! Never thought I'd see a wave like that from that model boat. Well done!

chenige    84

@chenige

That looks to have done an amazing job!!! Never thought I'd see a wave like that from that model boat. Well done!

Thanks. surf gate really works. And I did find that the 850# on the non surf side helped.

Do you think adding more weight to front would give me a longer wake and would I lose the push? I have a 650" bow bag but I do not know how much I actually can get into it. Need to get some more people in the boat and try moving them around.

DarksideR    1,679

Typically, adding weight to the bow will lengthen the wave. And sometimes it will reduce push. Moving people around is a great idea and would be ideal in figuring out what you need. Be careful not to overdo it though. Just heard a funny story of some guys with a new Supra who put 3000lbs of lead in the surf side corner ON TOP of the stock ballast! The wave was apparently almost shoulder high! ... The transmission blew up the next day. Oops.

chenige    84

Yea, my old boat is working pretty hard. Cannot go much faster than surf speed. I have the prop just below the 911? That the prop guy recommended. Not in high altitude.

Are you guys getting up to "plane"? I have to stand up to see over bow. I need to get someone to video my boat as we are surfing.

Cdifranco    463

... The transmission blew up the next day. Oops.

Ummm good thing we have the "best warrantee in the industry???" Lol

bluesman280    99

Yea, my old boat is working pretty hard. Cannot go much faster than surf speed. I have the prop just below the 911? That the prop guy recommended. Not in high altitude.

Are you guys getting up to "plane"? I have to stand up to see over bow. I need to get someone to video my boat as we are surfing.

If you are having trouble getting up to surf speed and can barely see over the bow you need to try adding some weight/people to the bow or start decreasing your rear ballast a little. We kept increasing the weight in the rear and on the side seats and struggling for enough speed in our old Typhoon chasing the perfect wave. We found we were actually using too much ballast. Once we started adding bow weight and decreasing the rear weight, the bow came down, the boat quit working so hard, we gained the speed, and then found the wave. The typhoon liked way less weight and more speed than we were using. (figure the speedo was off a bit). But once we got the nose down a little, got the speed up to where it needed to be, this awesome wave showed up. The best way to find your wave is to show up with a boat load of portable ballast......aka a boat load of friends that can easily move around to help fine tune things

BigFoiz    23

So here's the story with my DIY suckgate. First trial was a failure because the HOD suction cup was completely worthless. I bought a similar aluminum set-up from Amazon and that sucker holds on like nobodies business!! Yesterday I filled both sides QF, PnP, and starboard Pro and then put a 350# bag up front in the center. The idea was to have a slight list on the boat, but not much. Let me tell you that this wave was the best I've ever seen it!!! This little thing works, it's crazy but it does. Plus my wife didn't complain all day about driving the boat with one side under water lol. The odd thing though, if we kept the A-plate at 100% down like normal, it created this massive amount of spray right behind the boat and the wave was all washy. Once we put the plate all the way up, the splash died down and wave got a wicked nice curl about 25 feet behind the boat. Then I took about 5 minutes to switch sides (drained Pro on one side and filled the other) and we were off to an even better regular-side surf wave. I gotta tell you, I'll never go back guys (even though I know its tantamount to blasphemy to promote not listing the boat on this site). Anyways, take it for what its worth...

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..