13randon

Homemade "suckgate" success story.

stoked    1,039

Forget the ballast bags, make a bunch of fat friends

• Like 1

harlobra    24

Since I have sideswipe exhaust and have to put the surf gate in front of it how far back do you put yours without sideswipe The reason I am asking I made one for my Brother and he asked me how far back he should put it

I put it right below the 'Falcon V' emblem.

post-3072-0-68507200-1476213959_thumb.jpg

harlobra    24

Hey anybody have suggestions???? I made a surfgate for my Brother and he is having trouble not making a wave he said he is getting a rooster tail from it. I ask How fast he going and told me 12.6 MPH. He has put it where I told him but still can't make a wave. He has 5 or six factory blast tanks and I told him to fill all the tanks and still nothing. He has an 2010 Enzo 230 with provision. I am starting to think maybe the provision isn't showing him the right speed

You can calibrate the Provision using a smart phone GPS speed app.

Is your brother listing the boat still? We still listed ours just not as much. Removed a 400lb sack from the surf (goofy) side, filled the 250lb tank on the opposite side and filled a 750lb sack in the opposite side rear locker to about 3/4 full. We had about 1,750lbs on the surf side and about 850lbs on the opposite side. We used to have 2,150lbs on the surf side and none on the opposite side.

Edited by harlobra

drance    0

Hein, I tried to message you, but it said no able to receive messsage. I would love to know how the cowl is working out, and also if I could get one of your swivelling suckgates?

Many thanks, Michael

Are you in Vancouver? I am also.

InfinitySurf    302
21 hours ago, drance said:

Hein, I tried to message you, but it said no able to receive messsage. I would love to know how the cowl is working out, and also if I could get one of your swivelling suckgates?

Many thanks, Michael

Are you in Vancouver? I am also.

Hein is on FB, I see occasional posts on the Centurion/Supreme FB page, you could try to message him

Hein    63

Hello drance,  Sorry you weren't able to reach me. Please call or email me directly.

All the best,

Hein@DIYvan.com

541 490 5098

Dillyrev    0
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:44 AM, bluesman280 said:

If you are having trouble getting up to surf speed and can barely see over the bow you need to try adding some weight/people to the bow or start decreasing your rear ballast a little. We kept increasing the weight in the rear and on the side seats and struggling for enough speed in our old Typhoon chasing the perfect wave. We found we were actually using too much ballast. Once we started adding bow weight and decreasing the rear weight, the bow came down, the boat quit working so hard, we gained the speed, and then found the wave. The typhoon liked way less weight and more speed than we were using. (figure the speedo was off a bit). But once we got the nose down a little, got the speed up to where it needed to be, this awesome wave showed up. The best way to find your wave is to show up with a boat load of portable ballast......aka a boat load of friends that can easily move around to help fine tune things

What was you exact set up? Last weekend in my 03 typhoon I couldn't even get a decent goofy wave to ride even with rope. I had 750 port, 750 goofy side, 3 people in back on seat side and 2 in front. rear step was about 3" under water just sitting, I think that may have been part of problem. Also running nuaticurl shaper, I think I need to make one with a offset so its under water more.

Edited by Dillyrev