stoked    1,039

Starting this in hopes that the Admin makes it a sticky.

Let's all compare notes, my setup:

600lbs of lead total

50lb lead on each side all the way back next to the gates

100lb lead on each side under the pnp shelves against the Engine dividers

300lbs to move to surf side, or for larger crews to the bow

All pnps 100%

Surf side Ram 100%

Non-Surf-side Ram 20%

Cats -30 for goofy, 30 for regular (might have this backwards)

A-plate 10 for goofy, 30 for regular.

Speed 10.5 - 11.5 (depending on what the rider wants)

Goofy Wave, 11.5. First photo he is 8 feet beyond the length of a 20ft rope, second shows a better angle for height of the wave:

Nu8uoH7.jpg

PdEhiPD.jpg

Regular, 10.5, new rider at 20ft rope's length (only 400lbs of lead, none all the way back and only 200 side to side)

NAwb69G.jpg

New rider, 10.8, at 20ft rope's length:

6I1FTsE.jpg

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Excellent write up. Love this idea! That first pic... WOW.

What are you using for a camera?

I'll try to post something up with my setup with no lead after tomorrow's outing.

stoked    1,039

I use the GoPro suction cupped just under the popup cleat. I angle it so that it is perfectly horizontal when listed. I put it in video/picture mode so that it captures video and pictures simultaneously (I think you can only do this in 1080p and lower modes, 2k and 4k aren't able)

stoked    1,039

Excellent write up. Love this idea! That first pic... WOW.

What are you using for a camera?

I'll try to post something up with my setup with no lead after tomorrow's outing.

Boom photos look good, looks like you're dialing in! What are your settings?

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks man.

The settings kinda have to change as the gas depletes. Also, it was just the wife driving and my son and his friend in the boat. They're both 13 and sub 100lbs. each. No lead, no extra bags.

But to start:

11.3MPH-11.5MPH

All PNP's full

Starboard Ramfill 100%(overriding twice to get there)

Port Ramfill 40%

Cats -22 (increasing Cats to -35 can clean the wave up more and allow the trim tab to be raised more, but it pushes the wave out to the side of the boat instead of trailing behind) not a big deal, but I think I like it trailing behind more. Maybe.

Trim 50ish

This is what I basically set it at, then once I'm in the water surfing I tell my wife to make some small adjustments to the trim and speed mostly. At a certain point yesterday between one run to the very next run, the wave lost a bunch of push. So I'm yelling at the wife(who doesn't pay attention at all to me struggling to stay in the wave but it's ok cause at least she pulls me around the lake and doesn't complain to much about it LOL) turns out she accidentally trimmed down a bunch. But I had her take the Port side Ramfill to 55% and the wave got REALLY big! Still clean too. This is what I like about the FS33 so much. You can add a bunch of counterweight and still have a great wave. In fact it improves the wave! Either side! I haven't been on another boat that can do that without a bolt on surf system.

LOVE this boat!

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 1

stoked    1,039

Thanks! I run 20 counter ram, I'll give 40 a try next time we're out

• Like 1

lovetosurf    48

Any new tweaks to your ideal FS33 settings? Are you guys always running full bow weight and if so do you ever have issues with the bow bag creasing up? Mine doesn't seem to fit very well!

Current setup:

Pnp's full

Bow 50-70%

Surf Ram 100%

Counter Ram 40%

Cats 10

Trim Tab 20

Speed 11

stoked    1,039

I run 100% bow and even throw lead up there with a larger crew, no problems with the bags. I run 20% counter but am going to up to 40 today

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Okay, 40 was way to much with a full crew. We were running at 11.2 and cats at -30 on the starboard side and it was all wash. I had to dump down to 30 and up to 11.5.

With a handful of crew I think we could run 40, just not 8+kids

jester    111

Okay, 40 was way to much with a full crew. We were running at 11.2 and cats at -30 on the starboard side and it was all wash. I had to dump down to 30 and up to 11.5. With a handful of crew I think we could run 40, just not 8+kids

8+ kids. Now that is a crazy boat.

I have been playing around and found these are some good settings. also frees up the non surf side for storage. Normal crew size is three.

Note that my 30lbs anchor and 40lbs of led are in the bow.

PNP Bow 70%

PNP Surf 100%

Surf Ram 100%

Counter Ram 30%

Cats 30 or -30 depending on what side we are surfing

Trim Tab 40 - 60 depending on spray.

Speed 11.6

I have a 25 foot rope and can surf past the rope length.
Edited by jester

stoked    1,039

8 people, plus kids (5 kids). I see how it looks like 8 or more kids

Edge56    3

Regular Side

PNP Bow 100%

PNP Rear 85%....They are full at 85%, I am thinking Timer needs to be adjusted.
Ram Fill 100%
Quick Surf at 70
Cats at 30
Trim Tab 20 - 50
Speed 10.8-11mph
We normally have 7-9 people in the boat. I can get a Huge wave but I am working on having a bigger pocket to surf in.
Edited by Edge56

jester    111

Regular Side

PNP Bow 100%

PNP Rear 85%....They are full at 85%, I am thinking Timer needs to be adjusted.

Ram Fill 100%

Quick Surf at 70

Cats at 30

Trim Tab 20 - 50

Speed 10.8-11mph

We normally have 7-9 people in the boat. I can get a Huge wave but I am working on having a bigger pocket to surf in.

I don't have quick surf so do not now how this changes but bring your speed up to get more of a wave.

stoked    1,039

So I've been riding for the last several days, several times a day, at all gas levels, crew sizes and ballast settings. At 40% counter for me the push is no where near what it is at 20% counter, same with 30%, no where near as good as 20%. The only thing I can think is because of the lead I'm running. My counter is 20% ram, 100% PnP, 50lb lead all the way back, 100lb lead against the engine divider, and 50lb lead under the rear seat. Surf side is all 100% plus 400lbs of lead distributed the same way as the counter side, with the extra 200lbs on the seats

So I'm guessing all of my lead probably adds up to your 40%. 200lbs is probably in the ballpark of 15%, factor in that the rear 50lb is on the other side of the hull from the swim platform which is probably pushing me closer to 20% total additional weight. So we're probably spot on then with settings.

• Like 1

lovetosurf    48
So I've been riding for the last several days, several times a day, at all gas levels, crew sizes and ballast settings. At 40% counter for me the push is no where near what it is at 20% counter, same with 30%, no where near as good as 20%. The only thing I can think is because of the lead I'm running. My counter is 20% ram, 100% PnP, 50lb lead all the way back, 100lb lead against the engine divider, and 50lb lead under the rear seat. Surf side is all 100% plus 400lbs of lead distributed the same way as the counter side, with the extra 200lbs on the seats

So I'm guessing all of my lead probably adds up to your 40%. 200lbs is probably in the ballpark of 15%, factor in that the rear 50lb is on the other side of the hull from the swim platform which is probably pushing me closer to 20% total additional weight. So we're probably spot on then with settings.

Good info, I always thought the standard FS33 ballast put out a great wake but have been toying with adding more. Would you say the additional lead makes a noticeable difference Stoked?

Also, what elevation are you at and do you find it harder to maintain surf speeds with the additional weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoked    1,039

I definitely think the lead makes a difference. Most of the time it is just my wife, daughter, and me, so the lead helps with some more weight. As we add people, we remove lead.

We're at like 200 feet, the only time we struggle is if someone wants <11 surf speed, it appears to be at a weird rpm that causes it to yoyo the speed. Over 11 and we're good and running in the 3500 ballpark.

• Like 2

Kaiguy702    8

So I've been searching for fx44 (2014) surf settings and can't find a thing! The search sucks on here, or maybe I'm not typing in the right wording. I've tried multiple descriptions.

Will these settings work for me? Or can you guys throw some links my way for fx44 posts?

Thanks in advance!!!

chowder2016    110
So I've been searching for fx44 (2014) surf settings and can't find a thing! The search sucks on here, or maybe I'm not typing in the right wording. I've tried multiple descriptions.

Will these settings work for me? Or can you guys throw some links my way for fx44 posts?

Thanks in advance!!!

Our dealer let me borrow a 2014 FX44 over the weekend while they worked on my 257. I was impressed with the wake despite the boat not having all the bells and whistles.

Here is how we set it up and I was very happy with the wave it produced.

Full ramfill on whichever side you want to surf on and No ramfill on the opposite side. Center and Bow bag full. And surf side rear PNP full. Opposite side PNP about 30%. Speed 11.4. Center plate about 50.

I'm sure others on here have way more experience with this boat. But I was very happy with that wave.

By the way this is the boat we used.

http://www.mellomarine.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=2051543&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by chowder2016

stoked    1,039

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm not 100% on this, but the FS44 might be a good place to start: http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/9861-2015-fs44-ram-fill-and-ballast-settings/?hl=%20fx44%20%20surf