Idaho Mike    29

No, I don't have the asymmetric plate, but from looking over the results from those who do I think that the WS + the plate would produce a great result. The WS cleaned up the goofy side a lot, but there was still a little ridge of wash (not spraying the rider or threatening to pour over the wave - mostly an aesthetic effect). Running without the WS I always had to go a little faster to clean it up, which made for a smaller wake that still wasn't that clean. The height on the goofy wave was great.

Also, I do not have the switchblade, FAE, or sideswipe, so those factors are unknowns.

I positioned the WS at the very back of the boat with the "tab" end first. I did not mess around with any other placements or configurations (it can be suctioned and configured reverse so the tab end is towards the back of the device (closer to the rear with the suction cups towards the front).

One thing I really liked about it, that was completely unexpected, was that when I stopped after the surfer fell the boat would go fairly straight instead of lurching to the side when the throttle was disengaged.

Cdifranco    463

Good looking wake Mike!

Idaho Mike    29

Good looking wake Mike!

Thanks - it's not my boat/wake, but a good example of how the WS helped a ski boat become a surf boat.

• Like 1

gameface    0

Same size and $35 or less too make. Never has came off once in 10 plus hours of surfing. Looks good and is easily to move from one side to another and so forth. Plus I have $470 of beer money left. d9d3f5b0c3037e1ce23eee04fd402c63.jpgfb89a222a365c2822a964134731e30a2.jpg Sent from my iPhone using T

Icemanftr

Have you tried different size plate's? also what size hardware did you use to attach to the suction device? any tips. I am glad i found this thread. I was going to make the TEAK Gate off one of the other forums. This seems to be a better option. any tips would be greatly appreciated. I will be putting it on an 03 avy Thanks

stoked    1,039

"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

gravity12    83

I tie mine to the cleat. But I really wish there was a way to make it float and not have to tie it to anything.

Tonykeck    4

We just tie a buoy to the gate itself and it just sits back there and if it lets go then circle around and pick it up...we haven't had a chrome one come off yet

gravity12    83

Mine hasn't come off. Do you put the bouy on the swim deck? Where have you been placing yours? I had mine farther back and deeper but found that the placement I showed in the pics I posted works best for the weight I am running now. Would love to see where yours is and someone in the wave.

Tonykeck    4

We're headed to Newman in a little bit ill take a pic,no we just tie a buoy to the suckgate itself..it isn't connected to the boat....not sure what board you run but I listed a ronix Carbon skimmer on Spokane Craig's today..

Edited by Tonykeck

Copenglenn    44

Got some time this weekend behind a Bu with the mission contraption. It worked great and the wave behind that boat was as good as the Bu's I've surfed behind that were surfgate equipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake707    171

Might have better luck with 750s in the rear locker K5.

and I know the Morgans of Morgan Fencing, went to School with the middle son, and I think I spot Hollister in there too haha

• Like 1

Might have better luck with 750s in the rear locker K5.

and I know the Morgans of Morgan Fencing, went to School with the middle son, and I think I spot Hollister in there too haha

Joel or Craig? Both my younger brothers.

#750 in each the boat drives like a dog. won't plane out. Once I plumb the bags into a system on a switch it might be different. but dealing with a pump in & out of the bags suck.

Whats your last name Jake?

Jake707    171

HAHA you're Joel's older brother? I went to your house in sac years ago. Matter of fact I think i remember you having a big K5 then. Tell Joel Jake Opperud said hey haha. Small internet world I guess.

Have you tried just listing it to one side? I was told on here that is the best wave for our hull shape. I have a 2000 Elite and we put a 750# in the port locker, a 400# plus any available passengers on the port bench seat and about 300# of people in the bow. Plus it saves in gas consumption since you aren't dragging tush the whole time

you could try changing the prop or adding some bow weight to help plane out as well.

Don't get me started on the hand held pump. I cuss my wife out in my head every time I have to pull that dam thing out to fill or empty bags because she already put a stop to my plan to plumb everything this year since I did the stereo. But next year its happening, with or without her haha

Edited by Jake707

I used to do the listing before I did the wake shaper. that thing makes it nice to change rider sides, no more bag changes.

I am happy with my set up now. I am 270# and can surf without rope in less than a minute once the boat/perfect pass gets set up.

Yep, thats me, still have the k5. even though its a buggy now. I live in Vacaville now.