DarksideR    1,679

Yeah I did

800# starboard

250# center

Like 30% of an 800# bag

And then the homemade suckgate and that was the pic you see on that forum

It was the best starboard side wave I've ever seen on my boat so still kinda listed but surfable for goofy footers which was almost useless prior to using it

My goofy EliteV setup was

750 + 110 in lead, locker

250 center tank

150 in lead under starboard seat

400 on starboard side of back seat

400 on starboard side floor

If I had two or three people in boat, I'd remove the seat bag and maybe add the 160 fat brick to the starboard side swim grid.

The wave was pretty nice. About equal to my FX22 with just the ramfill full. Lol

Icemanftr    8

Don't get me wrong my wave puts out a good wake listed, but I'm always looking for ways to make a better wave and also save time switching for riders (goody, regular). So seeing how well this performs with half the weight is a win for me. Plus it cost me $30 and fun to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peteg5    2

Ok, thanks for the great reply's. Stoked, the explanation of how these plates work and your point on ballast/displacement all makes sense. I guess I was hoping for a bit more out of these plates (minus the convenience of the auto ones and having non listing). I spoke with one of the distributors who sells the Mission and the Ronix and he said hands down the wake would be better with either one of these so that got me excited. I really don't have an issue with the listing or the time to fill different sides, just more time relaxing on the lake.

DarksideR, with the lead, do you have an equal amount on both sides or do you switch it to the surf side each time? Wouldn't I need like 400# of lead permamately on each side then? I do use the boat for just cruising too. Depending on how I need to deal with the lead I may end up getting the ballast bag and pump.?

Tonykeck, it would be great to get that build list from you. Is that something you can just email me? I will be happy to post results on the Enzo

(Just possible usable information; I was researching the Ronix Shaper first but I moor my boat for 3-4 months straight which degrades the Velcro used on the hull, also there was no return policy. The Mission seemed better for me because all components were removable, like Tonykecks?, and they had a 30 day return policy in case I didn't like it. Anyway, will probably invest in more weight/ballast and build an inexpensive plate to research results)

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

Biggest thing I tell people who complain about "waiting" to fill bags.. Learn to surf both sides of the boat and there isn't much waiting at all. The 10 minutes between draining and filling sides is actually a nice break to relubricate your throat with a frosty beer after a few hours of shredding heel side.

• Like 3

stoked    1,039

^^^ This, I learned switch foot just for this reason

• Like 1

Icemanftr    8
Biggest thing I tell people who complain about "waiting" to fill bags.. Learn to surf both sides of the boat and there isn't much waiting at all. The 10 minutes between draining and filling sides is actually a nice break to relubricate your throat with a frosty beer after a few hours of shredding heel side.

Makes since for the skilled on boat. But the friends who wanna try it and never ridden. This does no good for them. You let them learn with what is comfortable for them, not tell them to learn both sides.

roadbkrkv1    24

The bigger, longer and more push I can get out of my wave is where my money and time are best spent. Everyone in my crew (including wife) knows how to drive a listed boat. When we want evenly listed, we take my buddy's malibu which hasn't left the lift in 2 years now.

The gates are great for wakeboard boats to put out a better wake surf wave. We can list my buddy's boat till water is pouring over the side, but the shape of the hull just isn't going to get the wave any better, so the gate works for it.

To each his own

"The gates are great for wakeboard boats to put out a better wake surf wave. We can list my buddy's boat till water is pouring over the side, but the shape of the hull just isn't going to get the wave any better,…"

This is why I sold my Malibu and bought a Centurion!

• Like 2

tprice    118

My buddy just got his G23 this year and I have to say, best wave to date I've been on. Obviously he's filling both sides and not running listed, all I can say is it's totally clean, a ton of push and was a bit longer than what I was expecting.

• Like 1

Peteg5    2

My friend also has the G23 and I will agree, excellent wave! Fast filling, big/long/pushing wave, quick wake changes, and a beautiful boat. SO expensive though. Darn.

Cdifranco    463

Comparing a G23 to a boat we're Velcroing skateboard ramps onto is apples to oranges. Comparing a g23 to an Ri is a little more realistic. Like Pete said too, holy price shock..

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 2

Peteg5    2

Tonykeck, I would like to take you up on the offer for a parts list for the suckgate. I think I'll build one and try it out. Thank you.

gravity12    83

Hey Tony. I'm in spokane also. And am also looking to build one. The level boat and switching ability is worth it to me. Do you gave any pics of the device on your boat I would love to see placement and whatnot. Thanks

Edited by gravity12
  • Like 2

Tonykeck    4

Hey Peteg5 I'll get after that list today,gravity we just put it as far back as possible.and sink it till it's about 1" sticking out of the water.its super easy and depending on weight it will sit differently as long as it's flat and good suction.

DarksideR    1,679

Peteg5, in my scenario with lead and your boat, you would put the 400lbs in the surf side locker. So you would have to move it from side to side. It's a bit of a pain, but better IMO than having a bag on your seat.

Tonykeck    4

Hey gravity & peteg5

Suction cup lifter/harbor freight 7.99$

Shelving bracket lowes item # 355019

Stainless screw and bolt set/ harbor freight $5.49

The hdpe plastic is spendy by the sheet but we used 1/2" thick cutting board and sized it to 6" top by 7 1/4 bottom then rounded the top corner

Use 1 1/2 poly screw spacers from ace .30 a piece.

The heavier duty suction cup handle we used is found on Amazon under suction cup lifter it is chrome & $17..

Another thing,the harbor freight suction cups come apart which is easier to assemble. The chrome Amazon handle doesn't come apart but is workable by bending the cup down and pushing a bolt through.. Hope this helps let me know if you need anything else..gravity I can meet and show you one...

Peteg5    2

Thank you Tonykeck! Really appreciate it! Thanks DarksideR for how you handle the lead. May be too much weight for me to keep switching so am going to order that ballast bag.

• Like 1

Icemanftr    8
My buddy just got his G23 this year and I have to say, best wave to date I've been on. Obviously he's filling both sides and not running listed, all I can say is it's totally clean, a ton of push and was a bit longer than what I was expecting.

I would hope for 130-160k

Gollas108    9

Thoughts? Does less velcro = less stigma? :-)

https://www.wakemakers.com/delta-wakesurf-panel.html

hey i just bought Ronix wakesurf Shaper and holy crap what a difference it made before i was running a 750 rear locker a 450 in ski locker 225 under a seat and 225 on top of the seat and got an of wake but had to stay about 1-4 feed right behind the platform to stay in it with the ronix shaper i can 750 in each rear locker center tank full and had 2 other people in the boat both woman one sat up front the other was driving so boat was weighted evenly witch is super nice no leaning one way and WOW the wave was way taller and about 4 ft longer than befor im 6ft 5in and about 205lbs i was riding about 3-6 ft behind the platform the wave had way more push than before i had to hit the brakes a lot due to the push for me it was worth the $599 price i have no regret in buying it for my 06 elite