stoked    1,039

Unfortunately no, the stigma is that the Centurion/Supreme make the best waves listed without shaping devices, so they're going to be frowned upon here. It's nice (and feels safe) to not list, which you can do with these devices, but you are not going to get as good of a wave as you would listed. If you've ever surfed behind boats with a gate of sorts, the push is never going to be as good as displacement.

That said I made a gate for my Avy, it was solely to clean up the wash on the starboard side, I still ran listed.

Dandy    43

It appears that the folks over on the Moomba forum may need a bit more help with their waves. There has been alot of traction on this topic over there. Towards the end of the thread, you will find some photos of a Centurion that they were out on with a homemade version.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?27467-Anyone-seen-or-tried-Ronix-Wakesurf-Shaper-on-Moomba-boats

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Page 15, 2006 Elite C4.

stoked    1,039

And IMHO that wave looks pretty flat, I'm betting the push isn't there. It's nice and clean though!

I don't know what the wave is like on an Elite, so I don't know if that's good or bad.

Cdifranco    463

Just don't understand how bad some peoples waves really are. I feel like I can roll out of bed have my girlfriend set the boat up, half fill my bags and still have a better wave than the post install photos in most of these wake shaper product posts. Call me old fashion but there still is no replacement for displacement.

• Like 4

stoked    1,039

Just don't understand how bad some peoples waves really are. I feel like I can roll out of bed have my girlfriend set the boat up, half fill my bags and still have a better wave than the post install photos in most of these wake shaper product posts. Call me old fashion but there still is no replacement for displacement.

That's because you have a centurion :thumbsup:

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Man, looking through some of that makes me sure glad I bought Centurion!

• Like 1

Tonykeck    4

Haha that was my boat,the suckgate works for sure but does flatten the wave.but no doubt cleaned up the starboard side which before as we all know wasn't as good as port at least on my boat..and actually it did have push.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Haha that was my boat,the suckgate works for sure but does flatten the wave.but no doubt cleaned up the starboard side which before as we all know wasn't as good as port at least on my boat..and actually it did have push.

I had a 2006 EliteV for five years. You've got to completely slam the starboard side with zero port weight and instal an A-plate to clean up your goofy wave. Even then, it's not awesome. At least when comparing it to other Centurions.

Tonykeck    4

Yeah I did

800# starboard

250# center

Like 30% of an 800# bag

And then the homemade suckgate and that was the pic you see on that forum

It was the best starboard side wave I've ever seen on my boat so still kinda listed but surfable for goofy footers which was almost useless prior to using it

Icemanftr    8
It appears that the folks over on the Moomba forum may need a bit more help with their waves. There has been alot of traction on this topic over there. Towards the end of the thread, you will find some photos of a Centurion that they were out on with a homemade version.http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?27467-Anyone-seen-or-tried-Ronix-Wakesurf-Shaper-on-Moomba-boats

1ef76fa756d77d846097c38ee84a8c34.jpg

To clear this up. This is only a test phase. Listing a boat is great, however when you find yourself with 8 people or so on the boat things can become uneasy. Especially with kids on board. Listed waves are awesome on most boats for sure before tabs and gates came about. But the safety of kids and woman drivers when swamping the front of boat because the angle of surf side, things become apparent to try something new. So yes this idea has success behind it, although still testing. When you can produce a evenly weighted wave with about 1000# ballast weight and nobody on boat, I would say that's money and time well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Icemanftr

Icemanftr    8

Here is about 30% filled, around 600# ballast weight. And a $25 test piece and no factory surf tabs or anything. e2d8b76e1d708067444edeb41b7dc218.jpg59438d5508f197883285aaf3b95a1ab4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Icemanftr
  • Like 2

stoked    1,039

When you can produce a evenly weighted wave with about 1000# ballast weight and nobody on boat, I would say that's money and time well spent.

The bigger, longer and more push I can get out of my wave is where my money and time are best spent. Everyone in my crew (including wife) knows how to drive a listed boat. When we want evenly listed, we take my buddy's malibu which hasn't left the lift in 2 years now.

The gates are great for wakeboard boats to put out a better wake surf wave. We can list my buddy's boat till water is pouring over the side, but the shape of the hull just isn't going to get the wave any better, so the gate works for it.

To each his own

Peteg5    2

Has anyone tried this Mission Panel on an Enzo? It would be great to know what this panel does to the wave when the Enzo is fully filled with ballast relatively even on both sides, then be able to compare it to the listed wave.

I am currently in a situation (I have an 08 sv230 with Enzo sacs) where I have used my friends 400# sac placed on the appropriate side back sun/deck cushion with that side Enzo sac full and it makes a REALLY good wave. That extra 400# makes the wave better. My point is I have the money to either buy that same new Eight.3 400# bag and pump, OR buy the Mission Surf Panel. It would be great to know which investment would make the wave better.

stoked    1,039

I think pretty much everyone here is going to tell you ballast bag or lead.

The Mission Panel is "pushing" water out to shift the "V" meeting spot of the two wakes at the back of the boat to the side opposite of the surf side, this causes the surf side to 1) clean up and 2) flatten, both because the surf side wake now travels extra distance before meeting the other side. It doesn't make a bigger wave or add push, it just cleans up the surf area. If you can find a way to clean it up without shifting this "V" you will not flatten your wave.

If you want a bigger clean wave that isn't flat, you need to displace more water, we do this by using ballast to displace more volume of water by "sinking" our boats. The remaining wash (if any) can be cleaned up with an A-Plate. Your Centurion has a deep V hull which is perfect for displacing water and making a killer wave.

So I'd say stick with the ballast, if you want to use a gate or ramp, or anything else that pushes water, you're better off with a boat that doesn't respond as well to displacement as a Centurion/Supreme does.

Edited by stoked
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I'd spend the money on 400lbs of lead and throw it in the locker. What stoked said about these "suck gates" makes perfect sense. It's up to you to decide though.

Tonykeck    4

Hey peteg5 spend the $30 in parts and make a homemade gate if it works great,if not you spent $30 not $400 in lead or $499 for the mission..let me know if you want a parts list..everyone has a different idea about what they want in a wave and how they want there boatsto perform..lets just leave it as another tool in the arsenal of setting our boats up to have fun and surf...

• Like 2

stoked    1,039
Hey peteg5 spend the $30 in parts and make a homemade gate if it works great,if not you spent $30 not $400 in lead or $499 for the mission..let me know if you want a parts list..everyone has a different idea about what they want in a wave and how they want there boatsto perform..lets just leave it as another tool in the arsenal of setting our boats up to have fun and surf...

Agreed. If you want, write something up in the DIY section. I already have a Surfgate and a Surfgate 2.0 there, this could be a good addition

• Like 1