viking    491

Personally I would recommend you demo them if you can. I have the S226 and love it. But I didn't want to pay for the tech of the centurions and was looking for a kick tush surf wave. Our family wakeboards, skiis, slaloms, surfs, and yes occasionally I have to tow a tube. And the 226 is perfect for our family. But the wakeboard wake on starboard side is very finicky on the 226 if you are looking for a perfect wave for that one and only sport. In fact I would probably say another brand has a better wakeboard wake. But you will not find a better surf wave than in the fineline choices of boats. Good luck!!

Cdifranco    463

You also said 14+ capacity.. Keep in mind with full ballast and 14 people most of these boats will be struggling in my opinion. I see a lot on this forum of people with 7-8 people not reaching surf speed.

Stretch    409

If your kids are young and interested in progressing in wakeboarding at a high level/you want a great platform for them to do so I would have hesitation with a 226. It seems it can get decent and good tricks can be thrown but running 24+ mph got old quick at 21-22 much less 8 years old.

Maybe test one with them and let them ride it and make sure it's good. Don't let them or yourself hide behind we want the pretty boat if it's not what fits your needs. There are other centurion and supreme products that may.

If you care more about wakeboarding than surfing but want a great boat for both I think a used 22 would really be up high on my list.

Not meaning to scare you away just wanting you to look hard at what you want and not just what is available right now. Realizing your boat isn't what you want blows.

I have heard the 238 wakeboard wake to be better. Maybe wait and find one that's more your style or order one.

Edited by Stretch
  • Like 1

Caggiano1    6

Stretch, you make some really good points and I definitely hear what you're saying. My wife and I are leaning towards the E238 for the extra space so it's good to hear that it might be a bit better of a wakeboard boat than the S226

When you mentioned the "used 22" is there a particular boat you are referring to?

Thanks!

Dave

Stretch    409

Fx/Fs22

Excited to see what you end up with. Choosing between some fantastic boats

• Like 1

Caggiano1    6

Tthanks to everyone for your help in deciding between the Supreme S226 and the S238.

My wife and I placed an order yesterday for a 2017 S238...should be ready in about 5 weeks!!

Thanks again and I'll post pics once it arrives. -Dave

• Like 3

Stretch    409
Tthanks to everyone for your help in deciding between the Supreme S226 and the S238.

My wife and I placed an order yesterday for a 2017 S238...should be ready in about 5 weeks!!

Thanks again and I'll post pics once it arrives. -Dave

Whoop whoop!!

• Like 1

viking    491

For reference since the wakeboard wake has been talked about alot in this thread - this is 20mph (a bit faster than I would like to go) with no ballast and 2 adults/2kids/small dog in the boat.

post-3649-0-07763300-1470506497_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking