h20king    794

h, you got the H5 on yours, correct? What are your thoughts so far? I heard it was very quiet. Have you noticed an improvement in fuel efficiency?

no just the 5.7 I think the only real upgrade is the H6 and yes for some reason the new boat goes through less fuel.
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Thank you for the input. Moving from a 20' inboard/outboard we have a bunch of questions and a new learning curve.

Rider profiles I think are a must. Love the Perfect Pass on ours.

The hours on a boat are so subjective, The motors will last a long time if regularly maintained, just have to decide if we will love the boat so much we keep it forever, or love the new found style of boating and then need to upgrade again in a few years. Therefore taking resale / ease of sale into account.

Darkside, when we were at Extreme Saturday, I am pretty positive Tony said the purchasers had come in and that is why the boat got moved to the storage lot. The white 2015 S226 had been picked up on the Friday as well.

Which specific S238 were you thinking of? The 2 tone grey/black or blue/black? I don't think either has Zero Off, and the grey was missing the additional ballast and heater too I think.

Sat in a 2013 F21 Tomcat, but the Helm was low, and we kept banging our knees. Not sure if a 2016 or the F22 would be better.

Personally, I like the Black and Blue one he has. But the grey one is likely cheaper. As far as the speed controller goes, if you're gonna be on Pitt a lot you'd be better off with the paddlewheel IMO. I had some issues running. GPS on the river while surfing. No heater can be fixed. What ballast is it missing? Bow? Not sure if bow weight is needed on the S238.

• Like 1

h20king    794

Personally, I like the Black and Blue one he has. But the grey one is likely cheaper. As far as the speed controller goes, if you're gonna be on Pitt a lot you'd be better off with the paddlewheel IMO. I had some issues running. GPS on the river while surfing. No heater can be fixed. What ballast is it missing? Bow? Not sure if bow weight is needed on the S238.

bow sack is not needed for surfing but is needed for wakeboard. I ride on a river more than not and the zero off is money.
  • Like 1

rrd525    40

More questions.....
Spent some time last night looking at, gulp, Tige R22 or Mastercraft NXT22, to see what options, appearance etc there are for comparison. Trying to find reviews about their waves, owner reviews. Nothing seems too different, other than a little more price and then you are at a Centurion anyway. The Touch screens with rider profiles seem nice.
So this brings me to the questions.
On the Supreme 226 or 238, you can have an analog Wake Plate Gauge to give you an indication where you are set.
How do you monitor the surf tab locations? Just by feel and appearance each time? What about ballast? How do you gauge if the bags are full, empty, 50% full?
With adding Zero-Off or Perfect Pass you will have the ability to preset speeds for each rider, but is it a necessity to set Ballast or will it change each time depending on the crew size, amount of fuel you are carrying, etc, so ballast preset means nothing but a start point anyway?
I would want to keep the boat setup easy for my wife to be able to drive the boat on her own and get the kids or friends up easily each time.
Is there any information available online (a manual or video) that show the functions of the digital displays on the S226 or S238? I can't find anything.

DarksideR    1,679

More questions.....

Spent some time last night looking at, gulp, Tige R22 or Mastercraft NXT22, to see what options, appearance etc there are for comparison. Trying to find reviews about their waves, owner reviews. Nothing seems too different, other than a little more price and then you are at a Centurion anyway. The Touch screens with rider profiles seem nice.

On the Supreme 226 or 238, you can have an analog Wake Plate Gauge to give you an indication where you are set.

How do you monitor the surf tab locations? Just by feel and appearance each time? What about ballast? How do you gauge if the bags are full, empty, 50% full?

With adding Zero-Off or Perfect Pass you will have the ability to preset speeds for each rider, but is it a necessity to set Ballast or will it change each time depending on the crew size, amount of fuel you are carrying, etc, so ballast preset means nothing but a start point anyway?

I would want to keep the boat setup easy for my wife to be able to drive the boat on her own and get the kids or friends up easily each time.

Is there any information available online (a manual or video) that show the functions of the digital displays on the S226 or S238? I can't find anything.

I'm glad you didn't ask about the other brands. Cause asking that here will get you a somewhat biased opinion... negatively. LOL.

Everything I say in the following statement will be for surfing and 100% my own personal opinion. Keep in mind, I've spent way more time on Centurions than I have Supremes. Guys who have Supremes will chime in and say that it's a simple boat to set up. Just fill it and surf it. That MAY have been true before adding Quicksurf into the equation. My experience on the S238 with Quicksurf: holy hell there's a lot of rocker switches! Like.... no joke! I've been on the boat 3 times and it's still a big search for me if the rider wants a speed adjustment or trim tab adjustment. If you're filling bags, no matter what, you should be watching them. But on boats with no timers involved, you HAVE to watch them. Well... you just should anyway.

Now... on Centurion, with the rider profiles and touch screen, to me, it's much MUCH simpler. There may be a bit of searching to find the right screen to be on, but it's pretty self explanatory as long as you aren't a 70 year old dude who's never operated a computer. So you just go to the profile of what you want to do and follow the instructions on screen. I personally think, for what you are looking for, Centurion would be the way to go. Keep in mind, no matter what, some tweaking will be needed every time on any boat to get it perfect.

My son and his buddy's wakeboard behind our 226 but they are intermediate at best. They enjoy it for something different but surfing is #1 now. The wakeboard wake is finicky on the 226. I get wash on one wake or the other and can never get it clean, ramped and with a kick like I'm used to on our old boat. I don't wakeboard anymore other than an odd pass once in a blue moon so I don't really care. The kids don't seem to care as they aren't throwing backrolls, tantrums, raleys or big air grabs. If they make it wake to wake with a 180 thrown in they are happy.

As far as the setting up surf on the 226 it's KISS. Keep it simple stupid...list it, trim it and have fun.

h20king    794

Okay to answer a couple questions to fill ballast you have three rocker switches when full water will come out of the vent but like dark says you should watch them. For speed not sure why dark says it's difficult I just push up or down on the zero off its located on the dash so no searching. Quick surf is two rocker switches by the throttle we go all on or all off so to me it's easy to use. Trim is a rocker switch as well in front of the quick surf switches we set it and forget it. The display on the supreme is also a rocker switch to scroll through the different displays. Water temp, depth, air temp, volts, engine temp,second fuel gauge,speed, and oil pressure. We love the simplicity. Once you get to know the boat it's all easy to use

Edited by h20king

DarksideR    1,679

I guess if you don't have zero off its on the side with the other switches.

H is right though, I'm sure once you get to know the boat, it becomes second nature.

My vote (if there were such a thing) is still Centurion.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

^^^^ Says the pot!! ;-)

rrd525    40

You guys are awesome. Learning so much about the boats here.

Now have a crappy weather long weekend to ponder it all.

Thanks again.

h20king    794

^^^^ Says the pot!! ;-)

for sure LOL but im a bang for your buck FANBOY. Just don't think the centurion wake is 25k + better then the supreme or I would have bought one. Love centurion just not the price.
  • Like 2

Dandy    43
More questions.....

Not trying to rock the boat...haha, bit if you are looking for reviews on the Tige R22 regarding wake/wave, just look at the ones for a Tige RZ2. The boats are made out of the same mold. There are some differences in the upholstery, towers,technology...that allow it to be sold at a lower price. Tiges Taps 3 system is fairly new so there is not much info available at this time. It seems like Quicksurf it has mixed reviews.

DarksideR    1,679

Not trying to rock the boat...haha, bit if you are looking for reviews on the Tige R22 regarding wake/wave, just look at the ones for a Tige RZ2. The boats are made out of the same mold. There are some differences in the upholstery, towers,technology...that allow it to be sold at a lower price. Tiges Taps 3 system is fairly new so there is not much info available at this time. It seems like Quicksurf it has mixed reviews.

HEY NOW!! No poaching our newbies!!! :popo:

Don't listen to him rrd, he's bad news man! :secret:

H, it's not just about the wave... even though it is better, more adjustable, prettier, and makes you land all the tricks... okay, maybe not that much.

And yeah, I'm a Centurion fanboy. It's all I've owned. Love everything about them. I honestly think it is the right choice for his situation. Bang for buck, yeah, Supreme's got that.

• Like 2

h20king    794

I understand where you are coming from. I to had never owned anything but centurion from 2000 -2014. I still like centurion but hate the looks of the hammerhead bow. The only boats centurion builds now that I do like are the clasic enzo but it does not have enough freeboard and the Ri but the price tag on it is out of control. For the price of a Ri you coud get a G23. Nautique got it right for 2016. My buddy just got a 16'nautique and I have to admit it's amazing. If my dealer was to pick up nautique I would have to consider buying one as our next boat.

• Like 1

rrd525    40

For the Supremes, in the audio department, how are the speakers and amp / amps? configured if you order the 2 pair of tower speakers?
Are the 6 inboats only on the HT6? The sub is self powered, so what did they do with the towers to get enough juice?
I can only see one amp and a clarion control unit in the underseat photos.

h20king    794

Wetsounds HT6 is the amp they run all the inboats and the four Icons off it the sub is self powered.

• Like 1

h20king    794

My advice skip on the stereo you still get the amp and the inboats at no extra cost.Take the factory amp put each inboat on it's own channel Then for what the factory system costs install a sub on its own amp a set of rev 10's on there own amp and a ws420 eq for about the same costs as the factory upgrade

• Like 1

Caggiano1    6

My wife and I have a deposit on a new Supreme S226 with Supreme's Wake Surfing Championship Package including the Quick Surf System. We like the boat a lot but I had a few questions before we finalize our decision this week. We have 4 kids (11, 8, 6 & 3) two of which wakeboard on our current I/O along with my wife and I, but non of us have wakesurfed yet. Since our kids our young I would like a boat that wake boards and wake surfs really well along with one that will give us enough room for our family and at least one if not two other families on rare occasions. The same dealer we are working with has a S238 as well that we did look at, but it is a bit more expensive and the model he has is in orange and black which my wife does not really like. The S226 is a nice blue with metal flake which she loves.

With all that said does the S226 sound like it would be a good fit for my family with room to grow especially as my kids get more involved in both sports. (they are already doing well with wake boarding and have a lot of interest in progressing.) The other question I have is in regards to pricing. The list price on the S226 is $69,900 and I believe the S238 is around $75,000.

Are these decent prices for these models?

Last questions is in regards to Centurion. I know beginning in 2014 the CATS system was added. Would I be better off trying to find a used Centurion (at least 14+ capacity) rather than one of these 2016 Supremes?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you guys can give. I am obviously new to the wake boat life and although my family and I are excited to dive in as you know this is a big, long term investment and we want to make the right decision out of the gate.

DarksideR    1,679

I think you'll get some mixed answers here. You've explained very well what you have and what you're looking for. But there's always more to a big decision like this. What I can say, is that every boat you've mentioned are great boats. Some will be better than others at different things. I personally like the Centurion boat line better, but I think the Supreme S226 and more so the S238 are great boats! If you have to stay on budget, I'd go with the supreme and gain the benefit of having a full warranty and a brand new boat. A friend of mine just asked me what I thought of him buying a 2014 FX44 or 2017 S226 for same price. My answer was that I thought the FX44 was a better surf boat, but the S226 was probably the right choice. He bought the S226.

• Like 1