Sign in to follow this  
Surfndav

I want to surf

Surfndav    0

I am trying to get a good enough wake so that I can surf without a rope behind my 06 Elite V C4. Has anyone been able to get a good surf wake from this boat? Here's what I have so far. 250lb center ballast and a 750lb fatsac for the rear locker. Last weekend I went to lake Powell I had my Wife 150lb (please don't tell her I put that out on the internet), her step brother 300lb (big boy) and his girl friend 160 ish. So, wife in the driver seat, step bro sitting on the back of the boat, and his girl F in the left rear seat, Fatsac and center tank filled. I have the trim plate adjusted as low as I can get it, it doesn't seem to want to move much, about an inch is all I can get it to move (any advice about the manual plate would be welcome). Should I get some weight for the bow? If so how much. I want to make sure I can get a good wake before I go through the expense of having it plumbed.

Any advice would be welcome. See pic

I think the wave is a bit better than the picture makes it look, but it needs to be bigger still.

The pic where I'm not holding the rope, I was able to let go for about 15 sec. I lived in San Diego for 20+ years and 10 of those I surfed in the ocean, a lot. So I think I know how to surf, just not on this wave. That being said it's a blast to do it even with the rope but if it's doable I want a bigger wave so I can let go.

post-558-1245218955_thumb.jpg

post-558-1245219066_thumb.jpg

Edited by Surfndav

surfthis    0

how fast are you going? and the manual wake plate should be all the way up or atleast slightly up from the running surface of the boats Hull.....and a good speed is about 10.5-11.2 mph

Top    0

From the pic it looks like to much speed?

Surfndav    0

I have been surfing around 9 and 10 mph, I've tried going faster, but it doesn’t seem to help. I will move the wake plate up next time I'm out. I guess my worry is that with this weight in the boat the nose is high in the air and the back of the boat is very low. I already have 1600lb of ballast and people. if I put 400lb more I'll be at the weight limit. I was thinking I should put another sac up front.

Thanks.

islander033    2

I am new to surfing this year, and this is the setup I recently tested before my 750# sac showed up.

My speed was right between 11-12mph.

You need some weight in the bow to combat your bow rise.

post-115-1245243465_thumb.jpg

post-115-1245243494_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

You look like you have your weight on your heals, put your front foot closer to the edge of the board towards the wake, then lean over your front knee putting pressure on your toes.

Joe B    17

Slow down. You look fast and from the sounds of it maybe check your speedo with a GPS. Ride alittle closer to the swimdeck.

Wakeplate all the way up. Goofy side is where you want it pointed down some.

You look big for the board. Is that the Obrian? Try to borrow a non-wakeboard company board or a larger CWB Ride or Broadcast 5+.

Not to start a debate but I thought I read the capacity load is a recommendation, not an absolute. Heck, same boat and I mean exactly same boat just a year newer and the capacity changed. Add ballast that is comfortable and safe for you. IMO you have a ways to go, but you have a surfable wave now. I could surf that all day on my bigger faster non-wakeboard co board. My small board that I'm at the weight limit I would need islander's setup in addition to your peeps in the boat. Good luck.

Surfndav    0

My board is a Liquid Force 5’ I weigh 180. I am looking for a bigger board say a 6.0 egg, I’d like to find a used one but there aren’t a lot of them here in Arizona or any that I’ve found so far. I may make a trip to San Diego some time this summer and they got a couple round there.

I will bring my GPS next time out and see if the speedo is good. I don’t have Perfect Pass.

Thanks

Surfndav    0
I am new to surfing this year, and this is the setup I recently tested before my 750# sac showed up.

My speed was right between 11-12mph.

You need some weight in the bow to combat your bow rise.

post-115-1245243465_thumb.jpg

post-115-1245243494_thumb.jpg

It looks like you’ve got it dialed in, that wake looks nice. I'll be getting some ballast for the front.

Edited by Surfndav

LakeSurfer    10

I am new to surfing as well. Two early things I learned are that weighted up front and speed just over 11 will lengthen the wake. This way you are not surfing on top of the swim platform. For me, it still makes me a little nervous every time a get so close I can touch the back of the boat.

As for weight in the boat, it looks like islander003 has a great set up. I have an Avy and I generally set up it up differently depending on if my kids are in the boat (ie family friendly vs out with the guys).

Family Friendly - 1,200lb Avy sac in back locker/under seat, 300lbs on the seat, 250lb center tank, 400lb up front plus crew

Out with Guys - 1,200lb Avy sac, 400lb-600lb on seat, 250 lb center tank, 400lb up front plus crew.

Edited by LakeSurfer

islander033    2

As for weight in the boat, it looks like islander003 has a great set up. ........

Thanks.

Now if I could ever get away from work, I could learn myself how to surf that wave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..