h20king    794

First off big thanks to truekaotik he answered a ton of questions and helped me come up with the system design and sub box design as well. We wanted a nice system but did not want to spend a ton of cash like we normally do. Our 238 came stock with six WS 65I in boat speakers a WS HT 6 amp and a clarion head unit. We decided to keep these components and just re wire so each in boat speaker was on it's own channel and received 100 watts RMS each. For the tower we went with a set of Rev 10'S powered by a Arc audio 600.2 for 400 watts RMS each. For a sub we went with a JL 12W3V3 in a custom ported box powered by a WS HTX 2 for 600 watts RMS And for system control we went with a WS 420 sq . To finish it all off we installed RGB led rings on all the speaker's with a WS controller and installed a pro mariner onboard charger to keep the batteries topped off. Super happy with how the system turned out. The WS 65I are amazing I love how they sound with some power and a good tune. The sub pound's love the ported box no port noise and tons of output.True you were spot on with the sub design Thanks again for all the help.

• Like 2

h20king    794

Started by building a ported sub box. I built it using 3/4'' birch. Glued screwed and nailed it together then sealed all the inside seams and had it rhino lined for waterproofing.

post-777-0-77321600-1462110327_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-88375800-1462110357_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-08039300-1462110377_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Next I built a amp rack then mounted it in the boat. This was necessary on the 238 as there was no other place to put the amps because the observer compartment opens from both the cabin and the bow.

post-777-0-03342000-1462110653_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-73098500-1462110688_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-57347500-1462110717_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

For the revs I x mounted them and had the tower adapters powder coated.

post-777-0-23010800-1462110921_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

h20king    794

Charger, WS led controler,head unit and power control

post-777-0-82015100-1462111118_thumb.jpg

Edited by h20king

h20king    794

Sub mounted and trimmed out with a custom kick panel. Super happy with how it turned out. It pounds plus I lost zero storage and was able to retain use of the small netted pocket. Going out today so I'll add more pics later.

post-777-0-40197900-1462111243_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-83736900-1462111259_thumb.jpg

Edited by h20king
  • Like 2

h20king    794

Thanks Nick . Still have a tinted plexi cover to mount over the amps but the sun is shining and it's time to get the boat wet.

• Like 1

h20king    794

Big thanks to NW Boat Sports. I ordered the adapters from them and they threw in the powder coating. Love those guys. They always go the extra mile for us and they put up with my boat OCD LOL
  • Like 3

viking    480

Nice clean install. Very envious of you guys so close to awesome dealers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,678

Big thanks to NW Boat Sports. I ordered the adapters from them and they threw in the powder coating. Love those guys. They always go the extra mile for us and they put up with my boat OCD LOL

This right here is a HUGE deal. I too pester the crap out of my dealer about things with my boats. Especially when it comes time to order the most expensive toy most of us will ever own. If your dealer doesn't understand that, they should be ashamed.

Your install looks really clean, as expected H. Itching to see you surfin it!

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    641

Looks Awesome H. Really nice work!

CO Surfer    289

Very nice work!

truekaotik    461

Glad your happy!

That powder coat is killer! Great above and beyond, we need to fix that 420 though....

Edited by truekaotik
  • Like 1

Cameron    5

@h20king I tried to send you a message but it did not go through. Is there any way of getting ahold of you in regards to some questions about your set up?

h20king    794
4 hours ago, Cameron said:

@h20king I tried to send you a message but it did not go through. Is there any way of getting ahold of you in regards to some questions about your set up?

If you have FB you can find me Harold Hemming 

just purchased a 18 s238 without tower speakers 

what is the attachment to the tower some kind of clamp 

can i order these thru crutch field  and what kind of tower speakers that are cost effective would you recommend

thank you

Wylie_Tunes    138

@Supreme s238 St. Croix

If your tower speaker perches are like above, you will need to get the speakers and adapters from the same manufacturer. This insures that the pod mounting surface of the adapter, matches the pod. 

For a surf/party cove speaker, id suggest an 8" coaxial. For wake range projection, id suggest at least an 8" HLCD. For best of both worlds, id suggest a 10" or 11" HLCD. 

jeepfrk9    8
On 5/1/2016 at 8:21 AM, h20king said:
On 5/1/2016 at 6:55 AM, h20king said:

NWBS is the bomb. I’m about 200 miles away and has always treated me great. 

Sure makes a difference!! 

• Like 1