Kiwi042    4

So the boat ran fine over the weekend. Go to start it today and nothing. Blower, radio, will come on but touch screen and ignition/start are dead. Batteries say they are charged, even tried jumping and charging to make sure. All the fuses/breakers are correct. Kill switch is fine and its in neutral. Totally lost! It was just working the other day. Any ideas?

Bad ignition switch or if ignition goes to relay...bad relay?

stoked    1,039

So the boat ran fine over the weekend. Go to start it today and nothing. Blower, radio, will come on but touch screen and ignition/start are dead. Batteries say they are charged, even tried jumping and charging to make sure. All the fuses/breakers are correct. Kill switch is fine and its in neutral. Totally lost! It was just working the other day. Any ideas?

Had this exact scenario happen on my 15 FS33 after some service last month. Turns out they used the "Engine/Off" button when they shut it down. The fix was to hit the "Ignition" button when you turn it on. I've since haven't been able to replicate it, even if I hit Engine/Off instead of using the key everything still turns on when I turn the key, so I don't know why it did it that one time, but it's worth a try. Apparently it happens enough that the service manager instantly recognized the problem when I called him.

Bongo Fury    640

stoked....thanks for that...I will file it away in case that ever happens to me!

Kiwi042    4

Just tried it and it didn't solve my issue. I don't even get the beep when I turn the key on.

truekaotik    458

Have you checked fuses at the helm and the breaker in the observers compartment? What all have you done to diagnose so far? It could be a few things....

Edited by truekaotik

Kiwi042    4

Yes I've done all the obvious stuff - I think. Flipped breakers several times and the small stuff comes on, the rpm gauge does its thing but no beep or nothing to touch screen or ignition button.

Cdifranco    463

On my Sv211 there is one (don't really know what it is) breaker/relay/switch way up under the dash almost behind the steering wheel that tripped once, my boat still got power to everything except my screen and dash. Look for that one and check there, I too had the same problem and after taking a third look at all my fuses and breakers found that one tripped. Honestly I would have never found it is my dealer didnt tell me to check it.

• Like 1

Kiwi042    4

I will check again but there were two I found up under there. 3 near the batteries and the 2 up under the dash. Key turns power on to blower etc so I assume the ignition switch is ok?

wesp    12

I just took my boat out of storage and I am having the same issue. blower, bilge radio etc all work....when i turn key on gauge goes all the way left sometimes but screen won't power up...and alarm doesn't sound....I took the panel apart that houses the killswitch and ignition and realized the wire for my kill switch was off. Then when I put the lanyard back on i broke the kill switch....uhhh...anyway might be loose wire...I am bringing it to dealer tom and i will let you know asap what the problem is.

DrPringle    10

I've had a problem like this and it was a lose wire on the starter solenoid maybe that's it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiwi042    4

Found it. The kill switch was corroded. Temporarily by passed it and all is back to normal - new switch on the way. Thanks for the suggestions.

wesp    12

yep same problem with mine...kill switch was broken!

DarksideR    1,679

Those damn kill switches cause more problems than they solve. I really don't see the need in our type of boat. I know I've never attached one to me.

• Like 1

Bryguy29    0

Just had this issue over the weekend on a 2008 Elite Air Warrior. Boat ran fine at first then we stopped to swim and it wouldn't start back up. Everything has power except the dash and ignition. When I bump the key there is no beep and now power to dash. Checked the ignition, kill switch, fuses, breakers (engine breaker and the one by battery) and all are fine. Tried shorting across the ignition wires and kill switch just in case and still nothing. While we were driving the perfect pass started beeping a couple times and looked like it rebooted or something. I've read some other posts that indicate it may be a bad wire for the PP power or a short of some kind.

Does anyone know if there are extra fuses in line somewhere or some way to see if a wire is shorting? I didn't see an extra breaker like cdifranco mentioned, but not sure if mine would have that since its older. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

h20king    794

Just had this issue over the weekend on a 2008 Elite Air Warrior. Boat ran fine at first then we stopped to swim and it wouldn't start back up. Everything has power except the dash and ignition. When I bump the key there is no beep and now power to dash. Checked the ignition, kill switch, fuses, breakers (engine breaker and the one by battery) and all are fine. Tried shorting across the ignition wires and kill switch just in case and still nothing. While we were driving the perfect pass started beeping a couple times and looked like it rebooted or something. I've read some other posts that indicate it may be a bad wire for the PP power or a short of some kind.

Does anyone know if there are extra fuses in line somewhere or some way to see if a wire is shorting? I didn't see an extra breaker like cdifranco mentioned, but not sure if mine would have that since its older. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I had the same thing happened on my old 08 falcon turned out to be a bad factory crimp on the main power terminal where it tied to the battery switch

Skervegas    0

Anyone know the type of lanyard needed for a 2015 FS33.  Old one broke and didn’t realize there were so many types.

InfinitySurf    302

The main thing for kill switch is too look at the back and see how many terminals it has so you can get a new one with same configuration.

Below link is the kill switch I bought to replace my factory one on my 2014 SV244....I would assume it would be the same on your 2015 FS33 but double check it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HBT1V0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1