Idaho Mike

2008 Centurion SV240: Replacing halogen lights with LEDs?

Idaho Mike    29

Has anybody done this? I'm thinking of replacing galley lights, the tower lights (factory lights I think, 2 face forward, 2 face backward, all mount to tower), front docking lights, possibly running lights. Most importantly, though, the tower lights and the galley lights.

Joe B    17

I replaced all mine and added cup holders and underwater. I didn't mess with docking lights as never use them. My voltage draw was less with the added leds so I just spliced in and went. I kept the existing sockets and just popped in a t-10 led 5 cluster bulbs off ebay. Several years and no issues. (I don't have tower spot lights, but do in my wetsounds)

chadr    328

I replaced all mine and added cup holders and underwater. I didn't mess with docking lights as never use them. My voltage draw was less with the added leds so I just spliced in and went. I kept the existing sockets and just popped in a t-10 led 5 cluster bulbs off ebay. Several years and no issues. (I don't have tower spot lights, but do in my wetsounds)

How do you open them up? Take them all the way out? Any Pics?

pwarning    5

What underwater lights did you go with? Do you have any pictures of them at night?

Idaho Mike    29

Did it. Here's a video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByDdW7w_5nYYZzdwc01EdS12bUU

Here's a picture of what the lights look like when you take them apart.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDdW7w_5nYYSk90aGpJbTU0V2s/view?usp=sharing

I wish I'd have replaced the lights forever ago. I've accidentally bumped the light switch and run the halogens during the day, running the batteries down to the point I couldn't start the boat. These babies draw very little so yea, that's a good thing, right? :-)

Edited by Idaho Mike
  • Like 2