dcaggiano    1

We just got our 2017 S238 in and although we love the boat Supreme has yet to produce an owners manual that covers the touch screen system so I had a couple question in regards to the Quick Surf Option. When you go into the Quick Surf menu and hit left or right it allows you to edit the "port side" and "starboard side" from 0 to 100. My main question is that if you are surfing right (Starboard side) why do you need to mess with the surf tab on the port side and vice versa? I assumed if you are on Quick Surf right (Starboard) then you would only adjust your starboard surf tab.

My second question is with a range from 0-100 what does the surf tab actually do. Is it mainly just to clean up the wake on that particular side of the boat?

This is our first wake so trying to do my best to get a better understanding of this in order to hopefully dial in without any operation manuals. You would think there would be more online information (videos, etc..) but when it comes to the S238 there is not much out there.

Thanks for you help!

-David

DarksideR    1,679

When you are surfing on the right (goofy/starboard) side of the boat using quicksurf, the left (reg/port) side tab is pushing downward forcing the boat to list and canter slightly. The surf side tab is not deployed (0%). 0% is all the way up, 100% is all the way down or fully deployed. So when you press "surf right" it's the left tab that moves and creates your goofy wave. And then vice versa for surf left.

There is quite a bit of info here on the site on the S238 as we have several members who own them and have spent countless hours dialing in their setups for surfing. Use the search feature at the upper right of the main page. The general consensus so far is that you can get a better wave by listing every model boat that Supreme and Centurion makes at this time with the RI series being the exception.

Make sure to post up a pic of your new baby in the "show us your rides" thread.

• Like 1

dcaggiano    1

Thanks for the info DarksideR. I played around with the surf tabs today and think I have a pretty good understanding. The one thing I still don't understand

is when I hit Surf Right (Starboard) on the touch screen there is an edit button that allows you increase Starboard and Port surf tabs from 0-100. The same

option is there when you hit Surf Left (Port). Why both the options and why would you choose to adjust both Surf Tabs when you are focusing on one side

of the boat at a time.

Hopefully that ll makes sense and thanks again for your help. I'll post some pics of my new baby tomorrow. I've seen some talk about the 2017 styling

​(Windshiled and tower) but I must in person I love them both. They are both look great and are very functional!

Thanks again,

Dave

DarksideR    1,679

Not sure if you'd adjust the surf side tab at all but as far as the set points go, they're just a starting point. Once you're running you may have to adjust settings as your gas gets used up or you may have a different amount of people in boat and whatnot.

Setup this weekend

Quickfill- both full

Port rear- full

400lbs lead in port corner

400lbs on port floor

350lbs under port seat

750lbs on port seat

Trim 75%

Speed 11.8

Needless to say people on the boat were happy. We surfed 2 riders on the port side for a long time also tried 1 rider on port and one on starboard for a little. Wanted to do three, but didn't have another rope. The main problem I had was the wake was so peaky that if you got to a point on, you'd still have plenty of push but you'd tip over backward and do a backwards summer-salt. I think moving some of the lead up front may help. Boat drove like a dream, didn't even have to touch the steering wheel for 5 minutes as it just held course. It was an old school setup but absolutely killer wave. I'm trying to track down the pics/video. However it was an awesome weekend for the S238.

• Like 2

rrd525    40

Race City Marine, are you running stock PNP rear bags?

You ran no Center Hard tank or Bow bag?

Time for us to upgrade our rear PNP bags to get more consistency. We are going to look into the rear/tied side bag options, but hope that you can cap the side bags for days you want to use the under seat storage.

Running the stock bags right now. I'm waiting for a couple more fittings to come in to install 750's in the rear and then a 325# sumo under the port and starboard seats. I manually filled the port 325 last weekend and it fit nicely under the seat. You can put in a couple plastic ball valves from home depot to isolate either bag if you want to use the under seat storage.

I tried running both the center and bow bag for awhile, I think it makes it longer so I believe that will work better. However we were trying to surf both the port and starboard wakes at the same time, so I dropped all but the back weight out. It's not easy to try to clean up both sides of the wake, but in messing with the surf system a bit I was able to come closer to getting a surfable wake on both sides. I can't really remember if I filled the port and center up again later, we were very giddy about the wall of water we had going already, so we didn't mess with it that much.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I gotta admit... I've never even thought about trying to get both sides setup at the same time. Gonna have to give it a go!

I gotta admit... I've never even thought about trying to get both sides setup at the same time. Gonna have to give it a go!

Loaded hard port and deploying the port surf tab a little seemed to give the best result for the little bit we tried it. Odd, I know. Still waiting on the vids. It's more of a stunt than a thing to do all the time. Speaking of stunts, had some semi newbie's out one of the days and they did the drink a beer while surfing stunt, I rolled my eyes because I did that 8 years ago...amateurs.

dcaggiano    1

I ordered our 2017 S238 with the Surf and the PNP options and based on the advice from this forum and from our experience on the water surfing so far (whig has been good but not great)t I'm assuming I need to pay out more money for an after market PNP system? I guess I shouldn't have gone with the standard PNP that came with the boat to begin with`! :(

What would be the best after market PNP to go with for the S238 that won't take up additional storage space and if I'm not comfortable doing on my own would the best option be to order through the dealer on the lake I bought the boat through and have them install? Thanks! David

It moves the quick surf tab. On the Supreme there is three holes on the quick surf tab. Just remove the one bolt holding the ram to the tab and move it out to the last hole then bolt back up.

whats the purpose of this?

I ordered our 2017 S238 with the Surf and the PNP options and based on the advice from this forum and from our experience on the water surfing so far (whig has been good but not great)t I'm assuming I need to pay out more money for an after market PNP system? I guess I shouldn't have gone with the standard PNP that came with the boat to begin with`! :(

What would be the best after market PNP to go with for the S238 that won't take up additional storage space and if I'm not comfortable doing on my own would the best option be to order through the dealer on the lake I bought the boat through and have them install? Thanks! David

You didn't go wrong ordering the PNP because most of the cost is for them installing the pumps and plumbing, which I've done before, but so worth having someone else do. You will just need to replace the rear bags with 750lbs bags and 325's under the seats. At least that is the setup I am putting together. Depending on your dealer they may look at you like you are crazy if you start talking about doing that. I'm waiting on a few more parts to come in to get mine all set up, so I will advise how it goes.

• Like 1

dcaggiano    1

Thanks Race City Marine, that's great news about not making the wrong decision and potentially wasting money. We do love the boat but just want to get as much out of it as possible. Is 750lbs as large as you would go with the starboard and port bags and I'm assuming the 325lbs are under the seats so they would not be part of the PNP system? Any other changes you would recommend to get the best surf wave possible on the S238.

I'm also in the process of trying to dial in our wakeboard wake, mainly trying to clean it up on the Starboard side, any recommendations or tricks to getting the best wakeboard wake possible on the S238?

Thanks again for all your help!

David

Thanks Race City Marine, that's great news about not making the wrong decision and potentially wasting money. We do love the boat but just want to get as much out of it as possible. Is 750lbs as large as you would go with the starboard and port bags and I'm assuming the 325lbs are under the seats so they would not be part of the PNP system? Any other changes you would recommend to get the best surf wave possible on the S238.

I'm also in the process of trying to dial in our wakeboard wake, mainly trying to clean it up on the Starboard side, any recommendations or tricks to getting the best wakeboard wake possible on the S238?

Thanks again for all your help!

David

Yea...I think 750 is the largest you can get in there. The stock ones fill most of the compartment, so really, maybe we will get another 150lbs out of the sacks, not sure. Going too big will cause problems with the engine dividers and won't give you that much more gain.

325 will link to the plug and play. I plan to split the fill and drain lines and also have a straight connection between the two sacs. Yes, they go under the seats. Won't take much time to plumb, but this isn't my first rodeo.

For wakeboard, fill all the ballast and add 50-75% trim tab, or whatever necessary. For some reason that cleans up the wake on the starboard side. You have to be going at least 22 for it to be clean. Both sides won't usually be clean at the same time, but when the rider pulls out to the side it should clean up that side. It should be HUGE and poppy though. I haven't found a good solution for a low speed clean wake...except by using the surf system, but you can only clean up one side then. I haven't messed with it much yet though. Also throw the surf system down (both sides) if you are having trouble getting up to speed, then lift them up as you approach speed.

Edited by Race City Marine
  • Like 2

stoked    1,039

Yea...I think 750 is the largest you can get in there. The stock ones fill most of the compartment, so really, maybe we will get another 150lbs out of the sacks, not sure. Going too big will cause problems with the engine dividers and won't give you that much more gain.

325 will link to the plug and play. I plan to split the fill and drain lines and also have a straight connection between the two sacs. Yes, they go under the seats. Won't take much time to plumb, but this isn't my first rodeo.

For wakeboard, fill all the ballast and add 50-75% trim tab, or whatever necessary. For some reason that cleans up the wake on the starboard side. You have to be going at least 22 for it to be clean. Both sides won't usually be clean at the same time, but when the rider pulls out to the side it should clean up that side. It should be HUGE and poppy though. I haven't found a good solution for a low speed clean wake...except by using the surf system, but you can only clean up one side then. I haven't messed with it much yet though. Also throw the surf system down (both sides) if you are having trouble getting up to speed, then lift them up as you approach speed.

You might want to check with NW Boat Sports (they're on here). They sell a PnP package for the 238 that links together bags under the side seats and the ski lockers.

• Like 2

You might want to check with NW Boat Sports (they're on here). They sell a PnP package for the 238 that links together bags under the side seats and the ski lockers.

Sent them a PM to see what they are offering, thanks.

https://youtu.be/XQvGJXpTAjg

This video was taken yesterday. By far the best wave I have gotten behind the boat. I set this wave up completely different than I usually do. Usually (if I don't have a bunch of people in the boat with me) I run the boat listed. Listed is the only way I have found I can get enough push to ride without the rope. Yesterday I had 14 people in the boat.

Surf set up

100% fully loaded on all factory bags

11.6 MPH

50%ish on center trim

20-30% on left surf to clean up the face.

I AM A QUICKSURF BELIEVER NOW!!!!

just need a lot of weight.....

• Like 1

sawe    0

Is that the 2017 238? Because I have had a hell of a time getting the wave to surf good on the regular/port side. Any advice would be great