DarksideR    1,679

Still wish they made the hard tank QF's a lot bigger on the S238 and even the S226. Would have reduced the need for pop bags and make it just that much better of a surf boat.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

I can't believe you're not running more counter weight H. Your boat must list super hard! I've found the extra counter at the back of the boat adds a lot of push. Too much will wash out the wave though obviously

rrd525    40

H20, how many people are usually tagging along with you, and are they balanced on the boat or sitting surf Side?

When I revise the worksheet I will add those details in. That way people could make adjustments to suit.

Do you have the 1939 or 1433 Prop?

Ours came with the 1939.

h20king    794

It is usually just me plus three all on the surf side in the main cabin.I have the high altitude prop so whatever that is LOL have not taken the time to look yet.

Edited by h20king

what i found out this weekend is with the listed (100% rear bag 100% port side QF at 10.4) is good for skim boards, but not so good for boards like the Liquid force Fish style board. For some reason i can ride all day long with the skim style without the rope, but on the Fish i cant even let go. I think the speed is to slow for the longer board. Dont ask me why, cause i dont know but i just ordered a new surf style board should be here in the next week or so and ill update to see if that one rides better and slower or faster speeds.

• Like 1

h20king    794

I can't believe you're not running more counter weight H. Your boat must list super hard! I've found the extra counter at the back of the boat adds a lot of push. Too much will wash out the wave though obviously

tried it with extra counter weight and in my opinion the wave is longer cleaner and has more push without a lot of extra weight. I run 200 lbs pop bags for counter weight and that's it.

BrandinS21    11

After reading all the comments throughout, and jotting down some settings I made up a cheat sheet to try for some starting points. Some use Stock ballast. Some Stock Listed, and some custom with additional ballast.

Some of the information is assumed for an alternate side, and in most cases. number of riders, their weight and distribution is not known.

That is awesome. Would love one of those for an S21

https://youtu.be/fVt5n1-iIJk

This is a short video of the listed wave I got the other day I was 100% on back sack and 100% on surf side QF. I had 7 people in the boat total 5 of which on the back surfside and my wife and I in the center of the boat. I hope it looks as awesome in the video as it did in person. The wave was very large and had tons of push. It was the best wave ive produced so far.

rrd525    40

You run stock ballast correct?
Both PNP bags full, and only surfside QF? Or only Surfside corner PNP and QF?

What were you using for Trim and QS settings if any, and what speed?
I'll add this in to the revised surf cheat sheet and repost it again soon.

Have you tried this same setup Goofy?

You run stock ballast correct?

Both PNP bags full, and only surfside QF? Or only Surfside corner PNP and QF?

What were you using for Trim and QS settings if any, and what speed?

I'll add this in to the revised surf cheat sheet and repost it again soon.

Have you tried this same setup Goofy?

yes stock ballast, just the surf side sack and surf side qf full. everything else completely empty. my center trim tab is more than 50% more closer to 100% some times. barley any quick surf. like maybe half a second just to clean face up. this is all at 10.4 mph

• Like 1

rrd525    40

Here was our latest quick surf settings.

This worked pretty consistently for the week, except if the chop got bad.

With full fuel, and a few extra bodies it was better.

We will try and get some Fly High 750's for the rear. We would like to keep our side seats open for towel storage etc, So may just get more pop bags. We need to change the quick fittings to 90 degree anyway as the hose keeps kinking with the factory inline fittings.

S238 Surf Setup 3 August 15 2016.pdf

Cwazy1    89

hey rrd, do you have any pictures of your goofy wave?

rrd525    40

I don't have any. I will ask the wife tonight if she snapped some on her phone.

dcaggiano    1

Hey Weekenderr, thanks for the Surf Setup Spreadsheet, it's really great to have as a new 2017 S238 owner!

Do you have anything similar for the wakeboard wake? I was out with the family today and we were trying

to dial it in, but it was tough and we never really got a clean poppy wake. Thanks! David

Edited by dcaggiano

DarksideR    1,679

Hey Weekenderr, thanks for the Surf Setup Spreadsheet, it's really great to have as a new 2017 S238 owner!

Do you have anything similar for the wakeboard wake? I was out with the family today and we were trying

to dial it in, but it was tough and we never really got a clean poppy wake. Thanks! David

I think he means you rrd525. Lol. That seems to happen a lot!

BTW, seen you guys leaving Alouette yesterday. Lake calmed down at about 6:45. Was perfect.

• Like 1

rrd525    40

Haha. Must have been on a mobile.

For wakeboarding we put about 15 to 20 seconds in the bow bag and center tank. Rear quick fill is either empty or 15 to 20 seconds. Sometimes we use no rear depending on bodies. We do have 160lbs of pop bags we can move side to side to clean the wash. Trim to suit.

Speed we run 20 to 22. I think we are running a 70 or 75' rope right now. We are recreational riders, so aren't throwing a bag of tricks, but pre-teen son and teen son get good lift.

Dark we saw you getting ready as we were leaving. Boys picked your boat out right away. We got tired of the chop. It was good until 3, then messed us up.

We knew as soon as we left, it would get nice again.My Wife said when she and her girlfriends had the boat out Thursday it was the best water all season for the entire day.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I'm surprised the water stayed good till 3! We've had a couple really calm days this year. But I usually try to either go early or after dinner. Mid day is just too windy. Funny how that damn boat launch can take forever even on a super slow weekday just because of a couple knuckleheads taking up space doing whatever.

dcaggiano    1

Thanks for the wake info red525 (weekender..lol!). My kids are a bit younger and don't like to go that fast. What do you think would be the minimum speed we could go and still be able to clean up the wake? Also we have 4 kids so we're hoping not have additional bags that would take up seat space but once again do you think it's possible to clean up the wake without those?

We are going out to day with a local wakeboarder/wakesurfer to do some surf lessons so I was going to get his opinion while we are out there and see if he might be able to help us out so I'll let you know if he comes up with anything different that works.

Thanks again for you help, I really appreciate it!

David

• Like 1

rrd525    40

No additional ballast bags on seats or walkways. I don't like that. We bought the 238 to have the room.

We have 4 x 40lb pop ballast bags.

They are the size of an old science text book. Flexible though. You can put them anywhere. Under a side seat. Under a rear bag. In the bow. They just provide an easy option to level the boat.

We will likely grab a few more to aid the surf wake.

Dark. The jetski situation at the dock was ridiculous.They took the inside and ends.

One day after an hour I gave up trying to get space because it was so stupid. Had the wife drive towards the beach and just jumped in to get the truck.

We can be launched or loaded real quick.

Wish they would move the large rocks around the roundabout though.

DarksideR    1,679

Yep. I've put a friend onto a docked boat to get through to the dock. And we've done the swim to shore too sadly. People are selfish and inconsiderate and just plain stupid.

My F-150 has a pretty short wheelbase, so we can make it around fairly easily.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..