DarksideR    1,679

If it was nasty, we have to see this wave, right?

Agreed... preferably video.

Rule #1: no pic, no video... didn't happen. LOL

• Like 1

chenige    84

I think there will be some variation for each model due to equipment. But we could each put down what we do/have. And we are always improving. I will start with my 2000 elite. Maybe they can be put into a new ballast section like we have asked for. Like the audio section.

Edited by chenige

Medic8585    2

I recently purchased an s238 and have spent a good deal of time reading over these forums to better understand how to produce a better wave behind my boat. I went into my purchase understanding some additional weight would be needed to produce an adequate wave. I have purchased upgraded pnp bags for the back, ordered 520 pounds of lead, and an 800 pound sumo sac (want to see if I like the flexibility of the lead vs sumo sac). Having surfed exclusively behind my brothers Malibu's (last year the 24 foot version and this year the 25LSV) I have a limited understanding of what I would like to see out of my wave. I think I understand what everyone is talking about with most of the settings they are using for the best results but I am still confused on the QS tab and the Trim. When you guys are referencing "1-2 clicks of QS" or "5-6 clicks of Trim" are you saying that you are pushing up on the button that many times, or pushing down on it? I know it probably seems second nature to you but this is my first surf boat. I have surfed for going on 3 years but always behind my brothers boat with presets that I utilized. Just trying to get a better understanding of the boat and how to adjust the tabs.

h20king    794

Yep a couple clicks up or down on the surf tab or trim plate

• Like 1

the buttons on the arm rest area to the right says "surf left" "surf right". if you push the button down (towards the back of the boat) that will deploy more surf tab. The trim button is the same way push down to deploy more trim. The farther down you push the trim tab the longer the wave gets. Leaving the trim tab up farther will give you more height to the wave. depending on board selection and rider preference those are some quick way to change around the type of wave you want.

• Like 1

Medic8585    2

Thank you to those that helped me understand the QS and Trim tabs. I've put 25 hours on the boat so far and I'm finally happy with the wave. The last 4 hours have been incredible surfing. The first 21 hours was with the stock ballast bags only. I was about ready to sell the darn thing because I couldn't get enough push out of the wave. My wakemakers kit finally came in and I got it installed that changed the game. Here is my setup so far. Surf side 100%, non-surf side about 60-70%, both bow ballast bags full and quick fill full. Last night I had two 400# pound fly high bags in use as well. One on the surf side and one up front to help lengthen the wave. There was three people total out surfing, so two on the boat and one in the water. I am 6'2" and 280#, the other was 6'4" and 285#, lastly was his daughter that only weighed about 115 pounds. So when one of us big guys was in the water the body weight didn't help as there wasn't much extra weight. We were all able to surf an awesome wave. The push was amazing. The guy I had out runs a mastercraft and he couldn't say enough about the supreme wave. He preferred surfing behind mine to his. Earlier the same day I had my brother in the boat that runs a 2016 Malibu, the new 25' boat and he fell in love with the supreme wave as well. I have lead coming as well to use as needed but I prefer to use bags as much as possible. Mainly because my boat gets used to pull my kids tubing as well. I like being able to dump the weight when not surfing. So happy with my purchase and decision to see if my "value class" boat can outperform the boats costing damn near double.

• Like 1

Thank you to those that helped me understand the QS and Trim tabs. I've put 25 hours on the boat so far and I'm finally happy with the wave. The last 4 hours have been incredible surfing. The first 21 hours was with the stock ballast bags only. I was about ready to sell the darn thing because I couldn't get enough push out of the wave. My wakemakers kit finally came in and I got it installed that changed the game. Here is my setup so far. Surf side 100%, non-surf side about 60-70%, both bow ballast bags full and quick fill full. Last night I had two 400# pound fly high bags in use as well. One on the surf side and one up front to help lengthen the wave. There was three people total out surfing, so two on the boat and one in the water. I am 6'2" and 280#, the other was 6'4" and 285#, lastly was his daughter that only weighed about 115 pounds. So when one of us big guys was in the water the body weight didn't help as there wasn't much extra weight. We were all able to surf an awesome wave. The push was amazing. The guy I had out runs a mastercraft and he couldn't say enough about the supreme wave. He preferred surfing behind mine to his. Earlier the same day I had my brother in the boat that runs a 2016 Malibu, the new 25' boat and he fell in love with the supreme wave as well. I have lead coming as well to use as needed but I prefer to use bags as much as possible. Mainly because my boat gets used to pull my kids tubing as well. I like being able to dump the weight when not surfing. So happy with my purchase and decision to see if my "value class" boat can outperform the boats costing damn near double.

I have dialed in the wave without extra bags. I cant imagine more sacks what that wave would do. We went out this past weekend for 4th of july and surfed two days straight and the wave was amazing. even with only having stock ballast. Listing the boat is by far the best setup we have been able to come up with. I am a true believer in SUPREME!!!

• Like 2

Medic8585    2

There's a reason Supreme is the fastest growing towboat brand! Wait until you see the changes for 2017!

Don't tell me that or I am going to be in the market for a new Supreme next year, if the changes are worth the swap of course.

• Like 1

rrd525    40

After reading all the comments throughout, and jotting down some settings I made up a cheat sheet to try for some starting points. Some use Stock ballast. Some Stock Listed, and some custom with additional ballast.
Some of the information is assumed for an alternate side, and in most cases. number of riders, their weight and distribution is not known.

S238 Surf Setups.pdf

h20king    794

Nice factory rear hard tanks are 500lbs each though.

rrd525    40

I goofed on Factory #4 goofy listed. Should be starboard not port marked.

H20, what are all the bags and hard tanks rated at?

I used info I had gathered off our build sheet and online. How does it all add up to 2700lbs factory?

I will make changes to the spreadsheet then perhaps upload the spreadsheet so others can manipulate to their own settings or different boat.

Went and hit Alouette tonight at 6:30 and had the lake to ourselves. Got to the 5 hour break in tonight, so tried the factory #4 listed settings. Both regular and goofy for my 12 and 13 year old boys and the wave was good for them.

Now for us to try some even ballasted settings.

DarksideR    1,679

Nicely done on the spreadsheet! Weights, even the ones from the factory often don't add up. Guys who do their homework and do the math are more reliable sources IMO of actual weights of ballast.

How was the lake? We've been pretty lucky so far this year with it being fairly calm. KNOCK ON WOOD!

rrd525    40

The lake has been awesome this year so far. Way flatter than normal, and no one is on it unless it is a full blown sunny weekend this season so far. Strange.

Once I get the true facts from a few of the S238 experts here, I will revise that spreadsheet.

Hopefully it will give other new S238 owners some starting points to work from.

Maybe it would help to add lake elevation too, for those that need further info on the prop being used.

Edited by rrd525
  • Like 1

h20king    794

I goofed on Factory #4 goofy listed. Should be starboard not port marked.

H20, what are all the bags and hard tanks rated at?

I used info I had gathered off our build sheet and online. How does it all add up to 2700lbs factory?

I will make changes to the spreadsheet then perhaps upload the spreadsheet so others can manipulate to their own settings or different boat.

Went and hit Alouette tonight at 6:30 and had the lake to ourselves. Got to the 5 hour break in tonight, so tried the factory #4 listed settings. Both regular and goofy for my 12 and 13 year old boys and the wave was good for them.

Now for us to try some even ballasted settings.

not sure what the factory rear sacks are but the wakemakers rear sack is 685lbs and the combined side sack is another 195 lbs. I have the nw boat sports fly high set up and the rear sacks are 750 lbs and the combined side sack is another 250lbs

h20king    794

Factory would be 500 lbs per quick fill 500 per factory rear sack center tank is 350 lbs and bow sack is another 500 lbs for a stock total of 2850lbs

• Like 1

h20king    794

Boats with the wakemakers kit are 3610 lbs total ballast boats with the nw boat sports fly high are 3850lbs total ballast plus others have different sack configurations. For example we also run 600 lbs of pop bags for a ballast total of 4450lbs

• Like 1

rrd525    40

Thank you for all the info.

Most the settings should still be applicable, as I was using some of the info you had posted for your surf custom settings. Going to revise these and include whether they are wakemakers or NW bags. Nice to know stock is 2850. I had seen 4 different scenarios. Either 2700, 2800, 2850 or 3150. With 2700 being the most common.

h20king    794

My favorite set up so far is listed speed for regular side we run 11.9 -12 mph trim at 25% . I have 200lbs pop bags under both rear sacks. I then fill port side quick fill 500lbs I fill surf side sacks 1000 lbs plus add another 200lbs pop bags under the side seat. We also fill center tank 350lbs no bow weight for a total of 2450 lbs. Don't surf goofy much so don't have a favorite set up yet.

• Like 1