super1990    18

Does anyone know what size of kicker sub came with the 2008 Centurion Enzo's ?

truekaotik    458

10 as they didn't start 12" until downfire.

Edited by truekaotik

super1990    18

Thanks.

Wylie_Tunes    146

@knoxcenturion

Depends on the woofer you choose and if the boat could even support a proper infinite-baffle woofer like those by Wet Sounds, JL and Kicker. Most woofers are better used in a sealed or ported enclosure and some boats will allow us to effectively run an infinite-baffle woofer, which does not require a constructed enclosure. 

Wylie_Tunes    146

Yep, build an enclosure for that woofer. 

So the original Sony explode sub is open air? And is it just mounted to a decorative wall I can just take down and slide a box in that area? I hope so that was the original plan lol

Wylie_Tunes    146

You could consider mounting the new enclosure to back side of that wall and place the woofer in the same hole, just enlarged. 

truekaotik    458
On 2/4/2018 at 0:33 PM, knoxcenturion said:

So the original Sony explode sub is open air? And is it just mounted to a decorative wall I can just take down and slide a box in that area? I hope so that was the original plan lol

Remove the wall or facade and you have a ton of space for the new enclosure. You can re-use the factory facade if you want or make a new one. 

Hein    63

I mounted a 12" sub in the kick panel. Considered an enclosure (tricky to fit along the hull line) but decided instead just to cover the back of the speaker with a few layers of 1.75" thick 3M Thinsulate(TM) SM600L acoustic insulation which we sell for van up-fitting.  It sounds great and we rarely run it super loud so it's not boomy.  I ended up cutting the OEM panel in half to maintain easier access to the batteries and electrical behind and under the dash with out having to remove the woofer.

12inch_subwoofer_in_kick_panel.jpg

Edited by Hein

gravity12    83
5 hours ago, Hein said:

I mounted a 12" sub in the kick panel. Considered an enclosure (tricky to fit along the hull line) but decided instead just to cover the back of the speaker with a few layers of 1.75" thick 3M Thinsulate(TM) SM600L acoustic insulation which we sell for van up-fitting.  It sounds great and we rarely run it super loud so it's not boomy.  I ended up cutting the OEM panel in half to maintain easier access to the batteries and electrical behind and under the dash with out having to remove the woofer.

12inch_subwoofer_in_kick_panel.jpg

So you are running it free air? 

Hein    63
On 2/21/2018 at 8:31 PM, gravity12 said:

So you are running it free air? 

Yes, but the Thinsulate behind it acts sort of like a baffle.