Sign in to follow this  
JohnB

Owners manual, 2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider

JohnB    0

I need an owners manual for my 2001 Elite Bowrider! Does any one know where/how to get one? The only link I found online wasn't valid and didn't see anything on the centurion or fineline to sites.

Also, the previous owner disconnected the factory ballast and it looks as if he may have a discarded the "empty" pump. I'm not sure of the lay-out of the plumbing/pumps with out the manual or schematics. Any help on this is appreciated. I'm wondering if, since I have the factory ballast out, should I upgrade it with after market ballast? We wakeboard and are going to learn to surf this summer. Suggestions on ballast set-ups are appreciated. Thanks, John

chenige    84

What happens when you use the ballast switch

Need to add lots of additional bags. Many ways to fill them.

Edited by chenige

JohnB    0

The switch on the dash is labeled to both fill and empty the ballast (press up/down). I was hoping the one pump was reversible, but isn't. The previous owner stated that he disconnected the hoses and all I would need to do was reconnect them. Well, it appears he also removed the pump that empties the sack! There are wires, that have been cut, in the rear locker. When I connected them to the meter and activated the empty switch, I had a 12v reading. I'm not sure of the original design, so I'm flying blind and am looking for knowledge here. My assumption is, that with this age boat, there were two pumps?? I'm also deciding whether or not to upgrade the ballast, since I may need to get a new pump. I'd just pay the little additional to get a reversible and add sacks. We will use the boat for wake boarding and surfing. I'd love to know how others have set up ballast for optimal wake. Also, is anyone using a wedge and how is that along with what type of ballast set up? Thanks in advance for any knowledge shared!

chenige    84

Read the link I left above. It tells you what most of us do.

Yes you need 2 pumps for the current system. Link below. You need to confirm what hoses you have. Just wire it in. The bag is not that that big but I usually fill it with my 4 other bags to surf. I keep this bag with 2 pumps and the original switch separate from all the other bags discussed in the above link. photo below is the pump that was bad in my boat and replaced with the attwood.

https://www.wakemakers.com/attwood-tsunami-ballast-pump-1200.html?gclid=CL-AiaX0xcsCFQsPaQodg34Oyg

post-5486-0-87451200-1458155667_thumb.jpg

chenige    84

This is my prototype surfgate. Worked great.

post-5486-0-77552800-1458155856_thumb.jpg

chenige    84

Depends on how much money you want to spend. I only use one reversible pump with a manifold to run 5 bags. I fill/empty one at a time. Others have 4 and more pumps. More is faster but more expensive.

I have 750's in each rear locker. A 400 under the port side seat. A 400 on top of the port side seat. And a horseshoe bag under the front seat. Fill all three rear bags and partial front (since boat is tilted only the port side of front bag gets water. I fill the under seat bags using one pump and a manifold. The on top of seat bag has a separate pump like the attwood above.

When we surf the other side I move the 400 bags to that side and use the attwood to fill.

post-5486-0-46719500-1458156018_thumb.jpg

stoked    1,039

The switch on the dash is labeled to both fill and empty the ballast (press up/down). I was hoping the one pump was reversible, but isn't. The previous owner stated that he disconnected the hoses and all I would need to do was reconnect them. Well, it appears he also removed the pump that empties the sack! There are wires, that have been cut, in the rear locker. When I connected them to the meter and activated the empty switch, I had a 12v reading. I'm not sure of the original design, so I'm flying blind and am looking for knowledge here. My assumption is, that with this age boat, there were two pumps?? I'm also deciding whether or not to upgrade the ballast, since I may need to get a new pump. I'd just pay the little additional to get a reversible and add sacks. We will use the boat for wake boarding and surfing. I'd love to know how others have set up ballast for optimal wake. Also, is anyone using a wedge and how is that along with what type of ballast set up? Thanks in advance for any knowledge shared!

It was a cartridge pump that connected directly to the drain in the bag. Look around, you'll probably see a hose laying around that connects to a thru hull. This was the drain. You can get the pumps fairly cheap on Amazon or wakemakers if you want to be stock