TwistC3

LED Transom Lights for a 2005 Enzo

Wylie_Tunes    146

Right. I don't mean those specifically, they were just the first that popped up on a google search. What I was thinking was something like a flush mount motorcycle turn signal, but an LED spot. So it would be semi flush, but more "fluid dynamic" so that the water easily passed over it.

I would not try and reinvent the wheel with underwater lights as there are probably 50+ brands out there from cheap asian imports to top shelf. There is no need to try and take an unpractical light assembly and try to use it as an underwater light.

Now, whats in that link is an RGB pool light, If you want RGB, there are a few out there A decent quality is going to run you $400+ though. Also, you wont want a bracket mounted light on a boat, anywhere. With a planing hull, you dont want even a surface or thru-hull light on the running surface. Im not talking about an underwater light that fixed to a trim tab or a pontoon, but like a waterproof work light with an adjustable bracket. The water pressure would just push these at will.

You want a light thats meant to be under water, not just keep water out like a bike light. As a light goes under water, there a pressure differential. That pressure will eventually push its way in as a water leak.

stoked    1,039

I think everyone is missing my point/question here, so let me rephrase: "What would the thoughts be on led lights mounted under the boat on the hull, so when you're going at surf speeds, the light is still submersed and projecting through the water?" The shape, type, make, color, etc, etc don't matter. Let's just say that someone very thoughtfully designed a light that could be mounted under the boat, was near flush but directed it's beam backward. Right now as low as you can get them is still out of the water at surf speed, so I'm wondering if there is a way to keep them in the water and really get the wave lit up.

truekaotik    458

Yes, but you would need something VERY custom with no drag.. So, no, they do not make anything feasible for that application right now that's bolt or screw on that would hold up to the many hurdles in that location. Putting it on the running surface increases pressure, so a lot of R&D is needed for something to that magnitude that wouldn't affect a wake and actually project properly. The lights now are not designed for that BUT someone could do some trial runs with a idea and see how it holds up? It could be feasible with some thought and a lot of time :)

Closest solution I have thought was a shadow caster on the bottom hull behind the wake plate. But it will drag horribly and create a ton of pressure on it.

Edited by truekaotik
  • Like 1

Wylie_Tunes    146

I think everyone is missing my point/question here, so let me rephrase: "What would the thoughts be on led lights mounted under the boat on the hull, so when you're going at surf speeds, the light is still submersed and projecting through the water?" The shape, type, make, color, etc, etc don't matter. Let's just say that someone very thoughtfully designed a light that could be mounted under the boat, was near flush but directed it's beam backward. Right now as low as you can get them is still out of the water at surf speed, so I'm wondering if there is a way to keep them in the water and really get the wave lit up.

The best i can say is that there are many of the underwater LEDs that expressly suggest against the light being mounted in this fashion. There are some thru-hull yacht lights that can be mounted on the running surface, but those size boats are not planing hulls.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Yes, but you would need something VERY custom with no drag.. So, no, they do not make anything feasible for that application right now that's bolt or screw on that would hold up to the many hurdles in that location. Putting it on the running surface increases pressure, so a lot of R&D is needed for something to that magnitude that wouldn't affect a wake and actually project properly. The lights now are not designed for that BUT someone could do some trial runs with a idea and see how it holds up? It could be feasible with some thought and a lot of time :)

Closest solution I have thought was a shadow caster on the bottom hull behind the wake plate. But it will drag horribly and create a ton of pressure on it.

Something that is the same size and shape as the intake grate would probably do the trick of not adversely affecting the wake. Gears are turning, might need to hit the shop for a bit...

acman    59

Just mount the transom lights on a angle. Have a metal fab shop make u an insert to go between the light and the transom so it shines down. Ran across a boat a couple of years ago at Smith mountain lake in Virginia that did this and the boat while still look like it was encased in a blue ring. Very cool. Of course Smith mountain lake is very clear water though. I think he has then on a 60 degree angle.

Edited by acman

stoked    1,039

Just mount the transom lights on a angle. Have a metal fab shop make u an insert to go between the light and the transom so it shines down. Ran across a boat a couple of years ago at Smith mountain lake in Virginia that did this and the boat while still look like it was encased in a blue ring. Very cool. Of course Smith mountain lake is very clear water though. I think he has then on a 60 degree angle.

We spend a lot of time on SML. The water is very very clear there!

Shaggs    6

What would be the best for brightest, Green color LED for a boat stored in a slip. I don't want to have any leaks. I have also seen switchable from Green to White so you could just use them as transom Lights or as color accent lamps.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Shaggs,

I would avoid lights that has the LED pod epoxied into a housing or plumbing fitting. IF your boat is left in the water, go with a glass lens as it will need cleaning from time to time.

One thing I dont like about the dual color lights; they are half as bright as a single color light. Half the LEDs are one color, half are the other color. With a single color light, ALL the LEDs are one color, so more output. If you want different colors, I would suggest an RGB underwater light and a controller, rather than a dual color.

Ive had good success with the Lifeform underwater LEDs.

Shaggs    6

I would probably just do green and try for glass lens... with the highest lumens possible

Wylie_Tunes    146

Dont buy solely on lumens as they are unqualified. Each manufacturer uses their own choice in measuring device and method of measuring. Understandably, their goal is to achieve the highest rating. its not the lumens specs are false, its just that you can use company A's lumens to compare to company B's specs. Now, if a 3rd party did the comparison under the same conditions, then now you have something to hang your hat on. The best method is to compare 12V current draw in amps.

More qualifiers for a wet slipped boat, bronze (not brass or painted brass) or stainless housing. Billet aluminum may pit in some lakes, faster than others but it would be better than a cheap chrome plated housing.

pwarning    5

Has anyone experimented with the drain plug lights? I really don't want to put holes in my boat if I don't have to so this seems like a good idea if it works. http://boatpluglight.com/products/brass-triple-head-2700-lumens

Cdifranco    463

There was some pretty good reviews over on Wakeworld about the drain plug light but I dont have any first hand experience with one.

stoked    1,039
Has anyone experimented with the drain plug lights? I really don't want to put holes in my boat if I don't have to so this seems like a good idea if it works. http://boatpluglight.com/products/brass-triple-head-2700-lumens

Do you have to take the trim tab off just to screw that monster in??

Shaka    146

Do you have to take the trim tab off just to screw that monster in??

That would be my question as well. I have to take out the plug on the boat ramp for mussel inspection. Also would the plate be able to go all the way up with it in?

cemulinit    3

I put a pair of Rigid Industries Wake Flame lights on mine. Made the mistake of mounting them too high. When surfing, the light hits the platform too much and really dims their effect. These are an RGB style with controller. Its kind of cool to be able to change the color to whatever you like that night.

Might try and install an angle bracket that was mentioned earlier in this post to angle them down a bit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..