RhuntIII

Supreme Dealer Questions

RhuntIII    555

Is the S5 Tower the only option on a S238?

Can a S238 be ordered without a tower?

I see a salt water package offered. What steps is supreme taking for salt water boats?

Whats the difference between the GM Marine EX3 Coastal by Crusader and the GM Marine H5DI Coastal by PCM?

​I'm assuming that these two engines are for running in saltwater.

NW Boat Sports    232

S5 tower, yes, it's awesome, new quick fold latch for 2016. Very sturdy tower.

Probably by special request but you won't save any $$ since it comes standard.

Besides the motors, have to confirm with production about anodes, etc..

EX3 Coastal is 5.7L, the H5DI is the new 5.3L Direct Injection. You better check if you can get the H5DI Coastal, latest docs I have don't mention a Coastal for the H5DI, but I could have old docs and be wrong.

Edited by NW Boat Sports

RhuntIII    555

Thanks for the reply NW,

I took a screen shot from Ski Supreme web site. This is what started the gears a turning.

As far as the tower, it just looks backwards to me and I'm having a hard time with that. :blushing: Researching a new boat I'm needing to find a way to carry a 9' longboard. The boat I have now, the bimini mounts underneath and Piper's board racks mount on top. This is a perfect way to carry my board. Here's a pic of how this works.

Are there any pics of the bimini deployed on the S238?

post-3359-0-79378300-1444818241_thumb.png

post-3359-0-81225900-1444819125_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Rhunt the coastal edition will have closed cooling a flush kit and anodes. The 5.7 has plenty of power and is the easiest of the line up to service. The bimini set's up the same as ours and goes over the top of the tower and is by far the easiest one I have ever used. To Cary your long board on top you have a couple choices. You could have the bimini modified so it has a Velcro flap that opens then closes around your Corsin rack, or you could just have pads and bungee straps added so the bimini is the rack. Last option would be to mount the rack on the bottom side of the tower and not do anything to the bimini. The s5 is super solid. That's one of the things I could not get past when looking at the new centurion. The maximus tower shakes and with as much as we tow was a no go. Here is a pic of my bimini I know the tower is different but the bimini set's up the same with the s5

post-777-0-69570300-1444823165_thumb.png

RhuntIII    555

Good idea on the bimini. I was looking at DrNate's the other day, the velcro flap that goes around the tow point just might work for over top racks.

• Like 1

Have you seen the tower folded down all the way? The top racks would have to be taken off to get it down more. It's a deal killer if I can't get it in my garage.

mellofrank    3

Have you seen the tower folded down all the way? The top racks would have to be taken off to get it down more. It's a deal killer if I can't get it in my garage.

The height with the tower down is about 7'8" so you'll have to a taller than standard garage opening to even consider garaging it.

tprice    118

Just take the Bimini to a marine upholstery shop/canvas shop and have them either sew in a pocket for the board or they can sew in some straps with a male and female end on each side to basically seatbelt it on to top of Bimini .

Not sure if this would work on the 9 ft long board but works for the typical 4'6-4'8 boards

madmike    24

Tprice, have you had a shop modify your bimini locally? I've contacted a few places and none of them have gotten back to me.

tprice    118

Mike, check out carols custom canvas, they are pretty close to the Clemons dealership off Marine drive

h20king    794

Or braxtons in Milwaukee will do it. They are the upholstery shop NW Boat Sports uses.

madmike    24

you sure its braxtons? Don't see any listing for them, but do find a haxtons canvas and upholstery

thanks

Mike

h20king    794

Yep that's them LOL I have had them do some work and they are awesome. Talk to NW Boats maybe they could send a top from an FS with board sleeves for them to copy if you go through them.

NW Boat Sports    232

Would have to have Roswell tower. Mike when you bring by your boat to turn on the underwater lights, then we can take it to Haxton's for surf pockets.

T-is Carol's pretty good? PM me..

Edited by NW Boat Sports

tprice    118

NW Boats, carols made me a couple custom covers for my previous boats. Had a few issues later down the road from lots of road travel but he fixed asap,, no charge etc.

I think his custom covers were a bit cheaper and seem to be better quality than others that I've bought