Sign in to follow this  
Headrush

'08 21' Elite C4 shallow water

Headrush    0

Looking at getting a 2008 21' Elite C4 and was wondering about running it (slow idle) through shallow water. I live on a chain of lakes and to access the other lakes, I go through two channels about 30' long in about 3' of water (maybe 4').

Anyone run these in shallower water like this? Any issues?

Thanks in advance!!

Stretch    409

As long as you don't/won't hit the prop I don't see what's wrong with it.

Pucker up and roll out.

Headrush    0

Thank you for the response. It's a sandy bottom, just wondering if people have run a similar boat that shallow without hitting bottom.

Stretch    409

I think you would be ok puttering through 3 feet. If you want to be more sure measure from where the bottom of the prop is to the swim platform for a rough guesstimate of your water draw.

With a sandy bottom you might get away with it if you hit something compared to rocky or a log. Do you know anyone else on those lakes with an inboard? Maybe speak with them about getting through and how close they get.

Bongo Fury    640

Specs say the draft on that boat is 29"....

Headrush    0

I saw the draw is 29" as well. Not sure if it will be an issue or not. I think it won't, but don't want to be lake locked. Thanks for the input. Anyone run a similar rig in shallow water?

DarksideR    1,679

I had that exact boat... ok, 2006, but they're the same in almost every way. Only ran it that shallow once. No issue. If the stretch is only 30', just paddle it if you're worried... or hop in and push it. Not a big deal. Biggest issue I would see is sucking up sand into the coolers.

• Like 1

Headrush    0

Thanks for the input. I'm sure it will be fine for the handful of times a year I'll hit the other lakes.

WickedC4    12

do you have a lot of people with you? or gear? if so try to move heavy weight to the bow.

Kalidgh    37

Fat people sit in the middle of the boat.....

Joe B    17

Ive Shined my prop a few times through sand and muck. If in doubt paddle. the scupper is in front of the prop so never sucked anything bad.

Note my prop looks perfect but I have a vibration. I switched to a brand new prop and perfect now; story is you dont need to nick the prop, its very sensitive.