Troy. R    198

I think Fineline did listen and thats perhaps one reason they bought Supreme. They are using the Supreme brand to meet the needs, desires, and wishes of customers like you. They are using the Centurion brand now to appeal to a different segment of the buying market. It will be very intersting to see exactly how the Centurion brand is positioned in light of the Correct Craft acquisition. Just my thoughts....

I agree. I actually thought from the time they acquired Supreme that they would re-release the 240 as a Supreme. I figured, why not, they've already got the molds so it'd be a relatively low cost "new boat" release.

My comments above pertain to Centurion or Supreme. I'd just rather buy the tried and true 240 hull instead of a new design that has, thus far, mixed reviews like the S238.

IROCNParts    108

my biggest complaint is the vinyl. The white coloured vinyl seems too "porous" the grain lines always seem to store dirt and when I clean, it never seems clean enough. The supreme has a cheaper vinyl I assume but I'd rather have that in my boat cuz I'd be able to keep it way cleaner.

DarksideR    1,679

I think I have a good handle on how rhuntlll operates and think that I may be correct in assuming that he was joking.

I filled out the survey and tried to hit on the fact of price per value. Centurion has come a LONG way in the past 5 years, but the price has gone even further. Made note of the materials ie. vinyl and technology ie. ramfill gates.

I'd still pick Centurion over Supreme. Ramfill, Cats, and A-plate = the adjustability I want/need.

• Like 4

chadr    328

I think I have a good handle on how rhuntlll operates and think that I may be correct in assuming that he was joking.

I filled out the survey and tried to hit on the fact of price per value. Centurion has come a LONG way in the past 5 years, but the price has gone even further. Made note of the materials ie. vinyl and technology ie. ramfill gates.

I'd still pick Centurion over Supreme. Ramfill, Cats, and A-plate = the adjustability I want/need.

Exactly how I put my $0.02 in!

WakeDoc    471

nasmith342, stoked and Bigcatpt please bend over and allow me to remove the hooks from your mouths!

• Like 2

h20king    794

my biggest complaint is the vinyl. The white coloured vinyl seems too "porous" the grain lines always seem to store dirt and when I clean, it never seems clean enough. The supreme has a cheaper vinyl I assume but I'd rather have that in my boat cuz I'd be able to keep it way cleaner.

not sure about supreme having cheaper viny. The vinyl in my 14 is nicer than what came in a 14 centurion

h20king    794

I can see where you could want extra adjustments but they really are not needed. I don't have cat's an a plate or ramfill and I would put my regular or goofy wave against all the centurion waves any day and they would hold their own.Might loose to the FS 33 or 44 but not by much. My waves are super clean and long without any of the extra stuff bolted to the boat. Edited by h20king
  • Like 1

stoked    1,039

Please bend over and allow me to remove the hooks from your mouths!

That's not where my mouth is... :blushing:

• Like 3

DrNate    426

I responded also and pretty much said everything you guys said above. 6 Quick Fill replacements in 4 years! Oh, and the vinyl :thumbdown:

And I'm pretty sure Rhunt was joking if I know him well. And I do :)

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

my biggest complaint is the vinyl.

X2.....no doubt about it!

chenige    84

Do you guys think the newest vinyls are better?

Lak3surf3r    714

Do you guys think the newest vinyls are better?

I thought the vinyl in the 16 S238 was better than my 15 FS44 by far. Seems much more rugged, but only time will tell. I havent seen the 16 Centurion vinyl yet though.

The 16 Centurion Vinyl is WAY WAY WAY better in my opinion than the 15 Centurion Vinyl. I swear its the same vinyl Nautique uses in the G's, or very similar. Feels much thicker and more durable and more high end. More of a flat/dull leather feel to it than plastic feeling glossy vinyl like 2015.

Edited by RobertsonMotorsports
  • Like 2

Bongo Fury    640

I had my 2008 Falcon V for almost 5 years....not one single issue with the vinyl........my 2013 233 is a very very different story.......

chenige    84

Maybe we are getting model years confused but the current boats at the dealers use spradling soft side vinyl. They are advertising spradling soft side on the new boats. So I think they are using the same vinyls for both. Supremes also used the same stuff this current year

I am basing this on the samples I received from spradling and looking at current boats. I have not seen a 2016 but they are saying it is the spradling stuff.

Chenige I realize what you are saying. Trust me though, the vinyl on our 15's is not even close to our 16's. The 16 centurion vinyl is 100 times better than last years and it is also different than what Supreme is using for 16. We have both. So it might be a marketing typo etc. some of the colours maybe stayed the same but the base vinyls (stone, grey, charcoal, black, white etc) are definitely different and much better.

chenige    84

I am only basing this on the accent color. Blue or orange or whatever. Centurion uses the Gemini vinyl and supreme uses the carbono(looks like carbon fiber). The base vinyl could be whatever.

Edited by chenige

rawinnin    73

my biggest complaint is the vinyl.

This has been Dura's complaint for the last few years! Just ask Shell at Fineline. So I guess others are catching up to him.

chenige    84

Could you find out what they are using for the large areas in the new boats? Info should be available for repair purposes to a dealer

Edited by chenige

the vinyl colors (red/lime,orange/blue/yellow) etc are the gemini from the past. The base colors (grey,stone,white,tan) are the new comfort strong which is 10x's better as well the new stitching is much better and looks and feels way better and is way better quality. Our first 16 arrived and its a black FS44 and interior is (grey,stone,charcoal interior combo) so it feels and looks like a million bucks compared to last year. Not sure how it would look or feel like if you had some colored gemini accents in there. The new stitching is a huge improvement though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..