DarksideR    1,679

Sweet classic Def Leopard!

Lak3surf3r    714

That is one of Jason Lybeks boats from Faction Marine. He and James Walker know how to dial those boats in. They are both friends of mine and out on mine last year and figured out I had it overweighted and fixed it instantly and looked pretty similar to that with stock bags.

Nate2215    25

Lakesurfer

Do you have an S21? What do you run for a setup?

I find with my S21 the quick fill and PNP isn't quite enough when I only have 1 passenger isn't quite enough, but possibly I just need to change speed or trim tab a bit

Thanks

Lak3surf3r    714

Lakesurfer

Do you have an S21? What do you run for a setup?

I find with my S21 the quick fill and PNP isn't quite enough when I only have 1 passenger isn't quite enough, but possibly I just need to change speed or trim tab a bit

Thanks

I had one for a bit, and its really tough since its underweighted stock for days with a small crew. We would run a 400lb bag on the surf side bench or if you dont want to do that then you can use lead under the seats. When we had it overweighted we had 8 people in the boat plus the 400 lb sac. There is definitely a sweet spot for weight on that boat.

Edited by Lak3surf3r

Nate2215    25

Does anyone with an S21 run counterweight? I've heard the S21 doesn't like ANY counterweight so I haven't ever tried, but watching the video on wakeboarding mag they said they put 25% quickfill.

Lak3surf3r    714

Does anyone with an S21 run counterweight? I've heard the S21 doesn't like ANY counterweight so I haven't ever tried, but watching the video on wakeboarding mag they said they put 25% quickfill.

I never ran any counterweight except for people weight and I tried to keep them on the surf side mostly. counter weight always resulted in whitewish rolling down the face of the wave or that "cut" in to the lip of the wave.

• Like 1

sprocketeer    9

I run about 50% counterweight in the quickfill when surfing the regular side in my S21. NO counter weight on the goofy side! I replaced my stock ballast bags with Sumo 900's, which fit almost perfectly. I also switched the vents for the bags so they don't drain while running.

Regular Setup:

Port quickfill - 100%

Starboard quickfill - 50%

Port 900 - 100%

Speed - 8.4 (I think that is a little over 10 by GPS)

I will put another 200-400lbs on the surfside seat if we only have 2-3 people in the boat

Goofy Setup:

Port quickfill - 0%

Starboard Quickfill - 100%

Starboard 900 - 100%

Speed - 9.2 (close to 11 by GPS)

Any extra on the surfside seat will help

I am also running an Asymetrical plate which really cleans the goofy side!

This is a crappy video from yesterday but this is only the second day my son has been working on the 360.

He will have it on our next trip for sure!

Edited by sprocketeer
  • Like 1

Nate2215    25

I have learned that a bit of counterweight isn't a bad thing

I have started filling both quickfills up, as well as the PNP (port side) then run the boat at 8.6 and drain the starboard side until the wake cleans up and gets a nice looking curl.

So far everyone in my crew rides regular

I'll save your goofy advice for when I have someone who needs it

Without any counterweight I find there isn't quite enough push if we have a small crew.

Extreme boat sports here in BC gets special bags made up for these boats, so it is the bigger 900 under the rear hatch and then 300ish bags under the seats on both port and starboard sides which I will be running next season.

I'm also considering some lead under the bow seat in the anchor compartment, but I find the bow sits pretty low in the water already when there is a couple people up there. Also I really like having storage for my anchor and ropes up there.

I've also heard the S21s work really well with quicksurf so

I may also have that installed.

Did your son nail the 360? From that video it looks like he's about where I'm at with it!

Edited by Nate2215