CrewAdmin

ANNOUNCEMENT: Official 2016 Centurion Boats All New Ri237 Model Details and Photos

Lak3surf3r    714

It doesn't really have 799 ft/lb, that's the engine torque multiplied by the V-drive ratio....

The picture that says 799 ft lbs is very misleading then.

rockballer    162

Was looking at possibly trading my boat in and ordering up a 237. How long does it take to build and anyone have any advice on what is a must have on this boat?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

rockballer    162

I am hesitant to order though with Trump changing all the rules constantly. Would hate to put money down and get slapped with all kinds of fees bring it into Canada.

stoked    1,039

I am hesitant to order though with Trump changing all the rules constantly. Would hate to put money down and get slapped with all kinds of fees bring it into Canada. Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'd think with Trump, buying something that was made in 'murica and exported to maple syrup land would be okay. He claims to want to tax that coming in, not going out.

Cwazy1    89

Trump wants to tax companies that manufacture outside of the USA and bring into the states. In your situation of buying in the states and bringing to Canada, it does not conflict with any speculation of tax rules. The only rules you would have to comply with would be Canada import laws and import duties. Nothing from the USA side.

On a side note, you cannot legally tax a specific company for manufacturing outside the states. This would instantly get shot down in Federal Courts. What the POTUS can do, is to tax a segment of products, ie. a 4 cylinder sedan.

Edited by Cwazy1

DjOM21    59

I am hesitant to order though with Trump changing all the rules constantly. Would hate to put money down and get slapped with all kinds of fees bring it into Canada. Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

What do you think about the dollar exchange? I was thinking about ordering something up too, but man we could take a big hit if the dollar corrects hard at some point in the mid term. Guess that just makes this boat expensive and the next one cheaper. I am talking snow pesos here.

• Like 1

rockballer    162

When you import a product from the sates as a company you are tax and duty exempt. As per the trade agreement in place. As an individual we are subject to the tax. So any company importing boats into Canada is currently exempt. As a business owner that imports from the states those are the current rules. Now if that trade agreement changes as per some speculation. That would mean a import tax and increase in price from 15-35%. Little concerning AZ that's allot of money or lost deposit

rockballer    162

This is what I have been advised. Could be interrupting wrong though

Cwazy1    89

Trump's running slogan was to boost economy and american jobs by deregulation and decreasing taxes.

If your speculation is right, and there is some sort of tax imposed on American exports making exports non tax exempt before reaching destination country, that would violate both of Trump's running mantras- lower taxes for businesses and boosting american jobs. A tax like that would decrease American produced exports- thus causing businesses to lose money and lay off employees and also cause for higher tax burden on American companies- something Trump is VERY against.

I say, just buy it and have fun!

Now in regards to the currency exchange... isn't it more expensive to buy from the states due to the weak CAD? If I could buy a boat from Canada and import to USA, I would due to the great USD<>CAD ratios..

DarksideR    1,679

Hey rockballer... just buy the damn boat! :)

Just put an agreement in with Tony that there can't be any surprises. You want an all taxes and fees amount... out the door price.

You better act fast cause they only make so many and early build dates have likely already been filled. I believe build time is approx 4 weeks.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..