CrewAdmin

ANNOUNCEMENT: Official 2016 Centurion Boats All New Ri237 Model Details and Photos

Lak3surf3r    714

LOL....Do we know if that sliding seat has a backrest?

Thats what I asked on the Centurion FB page. If not thats a super fail... Are you just supposed to balance on it while facing backwards while the boat accelerates and slows down abruptly?!?!

gator808    84

HA....Well at least you have filler cushions to create a bed for those late night hits from yours truly Barry White....Don't come a knockin when the boats a rockin!!!

DarksideR    1,679

Yeah, no backrest is a fail. It kinda looks like they want you to sit sideways on it with your feet up.

• Like 1

DFR    1

^LOL, guys lets see the boat first and all the options and then we can see if we like it or not....

Gator step/comfort sole is available in sharkskin or teak. So we don't all need to lose our minds over the carpet. Lol. I actually like the upgraded logo carpet.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Man we're like a bunch of high school cheerleaders tearing the new girl apart. They haven't had a new release post here yet that didn't instantly have negative replies. IMO I think we do it to feel better about the boats we all currently own and the lack of some of the features. Lord knows I did it when I heard the cheaper 238 might throw a better wave than my brand new FS33.

I'd love a sliding seat with or without a backrest. Every time we have a surfer in the water, no one is sitting back anyway, everyone is sitting forward watching. And I'm a HUGE fan of the counter/cup-holder thing!!!!

Lak3surf3r    714

Man we're like a bunch of high school cheerleaders tearing the new girl apart. They haven't had a new release post here yet that didn't instantly have negative replies. IMO I think we do it to feel better about the boats we all currently own and the lack of some of the features. Lord knows I did it when I heard the cheaper 238 might throw a better wave than my brand new FS33.

I'd love a sliding seat with or without a backrest. Every time we have a surfer in the water, no one is sitting back anyway, everyone is sitting forward watching. And I'm a HUGE fan of the counter/cup-holder thing!!!!

Haha thats exactly it. Who wants a boat released that better than what we have! I kid I kid, kind of lol... I critique it from a which boat has what features, and what features it "should have" being that its pretty straight forward on what every surf boat should have as a standard feature. The cupholder thing has been a joke to all manufacturers for years now, especially the drivers cupholder. The rear facing seat should be standard in EVERY boat across the board now. Who wants to be turned sideways to watch a rider nowadays? I realize they cant please anyone but theres a majority consensus on what standard features are there. Although i like the idea Im pretty sure that sliding seat doesnt have a backrest, which in my opinion is dangerous for kids and adults that have had adult beverages when the boat comes to a quick stop and they are facing the aft of the boat and they fly head 1st in to the walk through cooler.Plus Ive heard that that huge wasted seat space is just a trash can (i hope thats not true and its more storage), and that would fit another full sized human. This boat has promise though, and theres a lot of plus sides to it even if theres some negatives. It may be able to keep some centurion owners from going to Nautique that want the bigger hull style too. I have pics and have seen video of the unlisted wave and it looked amazing which ive never said about a fineline quicksurf product yet. Fingers crossed!

• Like 3

chadr    328

Haha thats exactly it. Who wants a boat released that better than what we have! I kid I kid, kind of lol... I critique it from a which boat has what features, and what features it "should have" being that its pretty straight forward on what every surf boat should have as a standard feature. The cupholder thing has been a joke to all manufacturers for years now, especially the drivers cupholder. The rear facing seat should be standard in EVERY boat across the board now. Who wants to be turned sideways to watch a rider nowadays? I realize they cant please anyone but theres a majority consensus on what standard features are there. Although i like the idea Im pretty sure that sliding seat doesnt have a backrest, which in my opinion is dangerous for kids and adults that have had adult beverages when the boat comes to a quick stop and they are facing the aft of the boat and they fly head 1st in to the walk through cooler.Plus Ive heard that that huge wasted seat space is just a trash can (i hope thats not true and its more storage), and that would fit another full sized human. This boat has promise though, and theres a lot of plus sides to it even if theres some negatives. It may be able to keep some centurion owners from going to Nautique that want the bigger hull style too. I have pics and have seen video of the unlisted wave and it looked amazing which ive never said about a fineline quicksurf product yet. Fingers crossed!

You going to demo this one before you decide on your next boat? Or have you already?

Lak3surf3r    714

You going to demo this one before you decide on your next boat? Or have you already?

I have not yet, I dont think any consumers have yet but someone could already own one and not be allowed to say LOL. Yea my dealer already has one on order so I want to ride it before i make any more 100k+ decisions this year.

The backrest thing could be easily added by fineline and theres still time to ship it out by the time owners get them!

****Cough cough listen up fineline, people want a backrest ;)******

they could add a stowable clip on under side bracket and backrest cushion that you could have on or off with a quick release. I could fab one up in steel super easy but I dont have a tig welder anymore so I cant do aluminum properly. My new welder does aluminum but only with flux core wire and thats not good enough for the support it will need..

Edited by nasmith342
  • Like 1

Stretch    409

I'm critical because my boat runs about as well as a 2 sided rock right now

chadr    328

I have not yet, I dont think any consumers have yet but someone could already own one and not be allowed to say LOL. Yea my dealer already has one on order so I want to ride it before i make any more 100k+ decisions this year.

The backrest thing could be easily added by fineline and theres still time to ship it out by the time owners get them!

****Cough cough listen up fineline, people want a backrest ;)******

they could add a stowable clip on under side bracket and backrest cushion that you could have on or off with a quick release. I could fab one up in steel super easy but I dont have a tig welder anymore so I cant do aluminum properly. My new welder does aluminum but only with flux core wire and thats not good enough for the support it will need..

LOL

CrewAdmin    192

2016 Centurion Boats Ri237 is a World Championship Towboat of Dominant Performance thanks to Relentlessly Innovated Wave Making tools including Deep V Hull, RAMFILL, CATS and Quick Surf Pro.

1439500240-U66.png

gator808    84

Wave looks massive but doesn't it look like the lip of the wave is really far back and the rest is rolling? Maybe I'm seeing things

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

It's easy to misjudge a waves size and shape by a picture. Good or bad.

If what you're after is an non listed wave, that looks pretty promising!

Lak3surf3r    714

Nasmith do you have a spool gun?

no I dont, my miller mig has a polarity switch to do both.

gator808    84

Yea without a doubt that wave looks good, especially not listed. Can't wait till tomorrow!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..