WakeDirt

Asymmetrical plate anyone?

stoked    1,039

Yup, was trying to figure out which you had by your post. Did you have the A plate at one point? I'm really really interested to know the theory behind the full wing on the RIs, and the sword one on the Supremes. If they are a QS only, or if they benefit listing.

Edited by stoked

WakeDirt    19

It also depends on boats hulls, weighting, etc. I know that many boats don't like a wing at all, just a standard tab for wash (mb). I didn't want to risk testing a double wing, as my goofy (I'm right hand rot) is already perfect ha ha

Edited by WakeDirt

Cdifranco    463

I can tell you from my wing plate I am happy with the wave on both sides. Stock ballast the port wave is unreal for definition, length and push ( see photos in gallery), and the goofy side is not as good but in my opinion still a very nice wave with plenty of push (best I have seen on my lake). I run the plate between 80-100 depending on people and conditions. I have never had any other plate but that one, it came with the boat as an option that costed me $220 less than the A plate. Why? I have no idea. I also don't have ramfill, or quicksurf, we list the boat each and every time.

Jake707    171

when you say 80-100 is that down or up? I have a 2000 Elite so im just looking at if this is a huge benefit for my hull or not since I have the square manually adjusted plate already but like I said I have never had it anywhere but all the way down parallel with the bottom of the hull

Cdifranco    463

Not sure if it would be different for yours if you made the swap. But 0 is fully retracted up for me, 100 is the wing plate fully deployed in the down position.

Edited by Cdifranco

enzo101mo    98

post-474-0-06959000-1465576181_thumb.jpgHere is a Picture with my A-plate with full wing on one side and a 1/3 wing for the goofy side in a stationary position (no Trim tab) Also no Blast filled

WakeDirt    19

Cindy's Pics 316.jpgHere is a Picture with my A-plate with full wing on one side and a 1/3 wing for the goofy side in a stationary position (no Trim tab) Also no Blast filled

What are you trying to show in the pic?

enzo101mo    98

I am just showing I think the wake looks clean on both sides with my A-plate not even deployed and no Blast tanks filled. Some past treads on here talked about the A-Plate causing spray on the regular side and maybe just by putting on the 1/3 Wing on the other side on the A-plate may have stopped the spray

enzo101mo    98

OK I ordered the Lenco (101 standard Actuator) 15054-001 and they sent me a Lenco 15064-001 which is for a electric retro fit kit for Bennett trim tab Actuator and is 12v. Do you think this would work as good. Looking on Ebay seems to cost more money than the 15054-001

Jake707    171

just looked at mine yesterday and realized it is a fixed plate that extends under the hull so even though it has the manual adjustments there is no hinge for it to move on which sucks.

enzo101mo    98

Hey Jake707 I have the same thing but I changed. My square stationary plate last summer to the A-plate but now going to put a hinge and trim tab set up

Jake707    171

Did you have to fab up a plate or is there one you can buy?

enzo101mo    98

This is the A-plate plan that crew had on this tread last year for the stationary plate. Good question, I am going to have to remove my plate cut off the the mounting section and weld a Stainless steel piano hinge to it I think somewhere in this tread someone had it made and talked about the person may be able to make more,but not sure

post-474-0-86071500-1466179118_thumb.jpg

Shaka    146

Anyone done on of these with a Switchblade? I'm looking for pics to show a buddy.

Jake707    171

I might see if a buddy at a metal shop can fab one of these up for me then. Does the large wing go on the primary surfing side or opposite of the primary surfing side? We pretty much surf regular and I show no love to my friend who is goofy footed that comes with us sometimes haha sorry Dark.

stoked    1,039

The wing goes to the port side if your prop spins clockwise, opposite side for opposite spin.

enzo101mo    98

I just got of the phone with Centurion and asked them about the new plate. They called it a Drop clip and said I have to go threw a dealer but my nearest dealer is 275 miles away. Has any new boat owners heard it called a drop clip

stoked    1,039

The wing goes to the port side if your prop spins clockwise, opposite side for opposite spin.

Scratch that, port side wing for LH rotation, starboard wing for RH rotation

Jake707    171

Scratch that, port side wing for LH rotation, starboard wing for RH rotation

Is one rotation standard and one an option or customization? Basically how would I determine my prop rotation?