CrewAdmin

ANNOUNCEMENT: Official 2016 Supreme Boats S238 Model Details and Photos

Stretch    409

I guess I'll probably be in the minority on this site when I say that I actually like the clean, simple lines of the dash, with all of the gauges and such visible at one time. I don't at all like the "touch screen" displays in new boats. Don't like the Nav screen in my car as well, so it stays in the down position most of the time.

I like that I won't be charged a premium for the "fancy gizmos in the dash". Just more things to break down the line, or things that will eventually be obsolete and not easily replaced.

I would like some more gel options though.

There are many that like the tech. There are also many like us that love gauges and switches. That is the most attractive dash in the business, Perhaps ever made to me

Stretch    409

Yea they need to get it together with the quick fill. There are too many bayliner out there with crazy gravity feed ballast systems. It's not that hard to just remove a plug

Lak3surf3r    714

Get some weight in it . . . just like the 226 the stock ballast is no where near enough, I've heard wakemakers already has measured it and I can only assume Fly High is right there as well. The wakemakers kit in my 15' 226 takes it from ehhhh to ohhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh and its a simple install anybody can do.

I have heard some amazing things when its got some weight in it!

I have heard the same as well, but why wasnt it done in the release video? That wave in the video is an absolute joke! They should have slammed it and shown what it can do, not piss off all the people waiting to buy this boat. I can tune boats with the best of them and there was nothing I could do to make that stock 238 with pnp rears to even make a surfable wave. Fine line should have stepped up here at least for show and made it a killer wave for the video instead of a short washy wave that a stock 226 can throw better.

Really!? I would think that they would have wanted their "big reveal" to at least show a clean wave.

I really just can't get over the lack of QF capacity. That is a DEEP boat... There had to be more room!

there is A LOT of unused space that could have been quickfill. Theres even a void behind the driver seat that could have been more seating. I think they wanted actual storage under the seats instead of being like the FS44. Unfortunately if you want an actual wave you will need to fill all that storage space with bags and you are back to square 1.

gator808    84

Really!? I would think that they would have wanted their "big reveal" to at least show a clean wave.

I really just can't get over the lack of QF capacity. That is a DEEP boat... There had to be more room!

Agreed!!!!! I just don't get it. Even some of the experiences I have demoing boats this year. Being in sales everytime I make a presentation to a potential client I always want to create the wow factor. "This is why I'm different" mentality. If I'm going to make a video of a boat or take out a potential consumer I am going to make sure that I'm creating the wow factor. If you don't the next company will and you will lose the business all day long. I would have loaded that boat down with custom ballast to create the best wave possible. Probably would have thrown in a dramatic clip of it swamping a fishing boat for a good laugh :). Surfing has become such a big player in the industry that every manufacturer needs to focus 80 percent of their time on that. Everybody can do it!!!! It's very appealing and who didn't want to grow up being a "cool surfer". It wouldn't take much to create that experience In a 3 min. video. when I demo a boat I expect the wow factor, when I watch a promo video I want it to make me so pumped up that I can't refuse the opportunity to check it out for myself. In today's world we pretty much live and die by the Internet and the information each and everyone of us can review with a click of a button. I'm kind of on a rant hear but this is coming from someone in outside sales and also from a consumer perspective who is going to buy a boat. I'm pretty disappointed.

On a side note: I'm not saying the 238 can't perform to the standards I would like. Just wanted to see something that would get my blood pumping.

• Like 2

I have heard the same as well, but why wasnt it done in the release video? That wave in the video is an absolute joke! They should have slammed it and shown what it can do, not piss off all the people waiting to buy this boat. I can tune boats with the best of them and there was nothing I could do to make that stock 238 with pnp rears to even make a surfable wave. Fine line should have stepped up here at least for show and made it a killer wave for the video instead of a short washy wave that a stock 226 can throw better.

there is A LOT of unused space that could have been quickfill. Theres even a void behind the driver seat that could have been more seating. I think they wanted actual storage under the seats instead of being like the FS44. Unfortunately if you want an actual wave you will need to fill all that storage space with bags and you are back to square 1.

I agree 100% . . . . I have been begging for a V246 with 2K+ per side long before Fineline even got involved with Supreme, let along C.C. I really thought with Fineline eliminating the "bag" option in the Centurion's (mistake in my opinion as well) that we would have that moving into Supreme now. WHY NOT??? Yeah, keeps the cost down, but then the end buyer has to do it anyway. I'll keep my hopes up and knowing they are reading this they can add that option to the build sheet really really easy . . . . Just like the Enzo's used to be, Quick fill + PNP + PRO + Bow - BAMMMMMMMMMM, now you have a 238 the RIGHT WAY!

• Like 3

Lak3surf3r    714

I couldnt agree more with both of you. ^^^ IMO that reveal video shouldnt have even been made, its disgraceful to that boat.

Cdifranco    463

Waiting all that time for that reveal was like waiting 4 years in high school to :censored: your prom date to only last a few seconds.... :wallbash:

Probably the worst angle to showcase a surf wave.

• Like 3

Stretch    409

That was an interesting analogy sir. May I have another?

• Like 2

Cdifranco    463

Stretch I think thats the best I got haha. I can toss a real life one at you since I brought up school. Waiting all that time for that reveal was like spending years in college to have higher monthly student loan payments than your brand new boat payment. Two words NO BUENO

• Like 1

Carter13    69

I got two words for that 238 video, Pure Suckage, I can't believe I got stringed in to wait this long for that. :thumbdown:

I've had some bad Suckage over the years but this one takes the cake Centurion/Natique.

DarksideR    1,679

OK OK... On a positive note, it DID show the goofy wave for once! If you could call it that! :2guns:

Stretch    409

I think it's going to be awesome once we see what it can really do. I don't think it's the boats fault that the footage looks poor. I'm sure this thing can throw a beast.. Anxious to see it slammed! I know we have atleast one member here with one. Hopefully they will get it dialed for us to see! :)

NW Boat Sports    232

I have to say that is the best looking Supreme I have ever seen! I love the simplicity (manual gauges) and the diamond shaped bow/nose. Now if they would just do away with the Quick Fills due to eventual failure

The Quickfill now come with the Ramfill valves. In theory, less likely to fail!

• Like 1

duramat    462
I got two words for that 238 video, Pure Suckage, I can't believe I got stringed in to wait this long for that. :thumbdown:

I've had some bad Suckage over the years but this one takes the cake Centurion/Natique.

Suckage?

LMAO!!

This is Po...all over again LOL

*Lights fire cracker*

duramat    462
OK OK... On a positive note, it DID show the goofy wave for once! If you could call it that! :2guns:

Grandma looks better than that video.....and she's dead :thumbsup:

All this hype and censorship over a lousy filmed video on a cloudy dreary day.

The pics of the red/white one....I admit freely...I like

*Lights fire cracker*

• Like 1

h20king    794

I couldnt agree more with both of you. ^^^ IMO that reveal video shouldnt have even been made, its disgraceful to that boat.

video was made with quicksurf which we all know is junk
  • Like 1

h20king    794

Nothing really that special, except it's a big boat.... And some people like that... 3100 pounds of ballast, my 210 has 3650....hmmmm yawnnnnn

maybe so but your boat will not put out a wave like the 226 and for sure is not in the same league as the 238, anybody serious about surfing does not just run stock ballast on any boat.wait tell you see what this thing does slammed.

RhuntIII    555

Well I was digging the video and the new boat.

I bet the manufacturers are limited on weight due to Coast Guard regulations and blood sucking lawyers that make America safe to live in.

I'm just not a big fan of the rear facing towers, other than that well done on the new boat.

Now, how to mount the 9-0 to the top of that tower?

Edited by RhuntIII
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

maybe so but your boat will not put out a wave like the 226 and for sure is not in the same league as the 238, anybody serious about surfing does not just run stock ballast on any boat.wait tell you see what this thing does slammed.

Agreed. In theory, if it has the same shaped hull as the 226 but it's a foot longer, with the right amount of weight, in the very least it should throw the same quality of wave as the 226.

I'm deeming this video "the most honest stock weight boat release of the century".

SUPREME BOATS! OUT OF THE BOX meh SURF WAVES.

Ok ok, I'm done bashing now. I'd probably still buy one.

• Like 3

boatnut    230

Nothing really that special, except it's a big boat.... And some people like that... 3100 pounds of ballast, my 210 has 3650....hmmmm yawnnnnnmaybe so but your boat will not put out a wave like the 226 and for sure is not in the same league as the 238, anybody serious about surfing does not just run stock ballast on any boat.wait tell you see what this thing does slammed.

Ha ha ha, you can't put anymore weight in a 210, Unless it's all over the seats ^_^ , to be honest I am not a big boat fan, but if the price is good, it should sell, but runt is right, it's all about coast gaurd rules and lawyers etc...