CrewAdmin

ANNOUNCEMENT: Official 2016 Supreme Boats S238 Model Details and Photos

Lak3surf3r    714

I have it tomorrow for sure lol, im allowed to put 2 hours on it so I have plenty of time to dial it in

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Just watched the s211 reveal and the video looks like it was a mirror image if the 238 one. Same nasty grey day. Gotta step the video game up. Not that much more investment for a way better product. Like a blue sky and happy mood.

"Here's the supreme. It's a boat. You'll like it. It's probably fun when it's sunny."

• Like 1

phillewis    39

Phillewis, do you adjust the surf tabs when just listed or are you referring to when it's weighted both sides

Yeah, I use it just a touch with a listed setup... seems like no matter how much weight I have on the listed side, if there is any counter-weight at all, there is a slight frothyness to the top of the lip. It's still totally rideable, I just like a super clean wave all the way to the top of the lip, and the quicksurf tabs seem to clean it up just enough with minor deployment.

• Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

Yeah, I use it just a touch with a listed setup... seems like no matter how much weight I have on the listed side, if there is any counter-weight at all, there is a slight frothyness to the top of the lip. It's still totally rideable, I just like a super clean wave all the way to the top of the lip, and the quicksurf tabs seem to clean it up just enough with minor deployment.

how much weight are you using? Im going to throw 500lbs of lead and a 700lb sack on the surf side plus the stock Pnps and quickfill. I need to see this thing slammed and if it cleans up nice.

Nasmith's demo review is getting delayed about as much as the release itself.... LMAO!

• Like 3

Lak3surf3r    714

Here ya go ppl. Overall for price point on a 24ft boat its pretty good, but it lacks adjustability from skim to surf style and is either tab at 100% or 0. I personlly would rather spend the extra money on a different boat that is better built and is mote adjustable. Theres defitely some quality corners cut(minor stuff ) but I think the vinyl is the best yet. Its definitely on the small end for the interior of the 24ft boats. The seats are flimsy and the bolster flattens out onstantly when you sit on it. It also has a ton of bow rise when the wave is tuned properly and I had to stand up to see over it at all and im 6'3". It will be back to square one of no storage when you get enzo sacs in it or stack it with lead. I ran it at 11.6 tab all the way down on starboard and all the way up on port. It doesnt like a lot of bow weight and was probably at 30%. Surf side all full with 500 lbs of lead under the seat and a 750 bag filled with about 500lbs and 4 people on board. I had about 50% of counter weight in the quickfill as well but no counter pnp full since it washed out the lip. Heres a few cool shots of the kid with lightning strikes behind her and a pic of the bolster after sitting on it for 30 seconds and im only 185lbs.

S238 quicksurf both sides: https://youtu.be/482ruNL_bdc

S238 goofy no rider tuning: https://youtu.be/vFJ7piiFxwY

post-5679-0-19817900-1439011563_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-37017000-1439011580_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-20946300-1439011597_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-93621600-1439011625_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-30096600-1439011646_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

rockballer    162

Great review. Well done. This literally looks exactly how my boat goes with a different size crew every time. Literally spend am hr trying to get it dialed in. Then the weather changes and the chop comes.

Nice. Thanks for the review

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

DarksideR    1,679

GREAT job Nas! Once again, the community owes you a tip of it's hat for doing the dirty work and showing us what the stellar boys in marketing can't or don't.

Listed looked pretty good to me. But not great.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Thanks, I agree I was not blown away by the wave and its far from being an FS33/44 killer and even if the release video was weighted correctly like this was I still wouldnt have been impressed by it lol. For an entry level 24 footer its better than an A24 but my v226 wave was better IMO and had more adjustability. The no trim guage is BS but I guess its not really needed since you have to be full up or down. It did make a really long wave and could take it up to 12.2 and still had good push but thinned it out big time.

Edited by nasmith342
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

After crawling around in one today, I found that it could use a major upgrade in ballast. There was nothing under the seats, and the locker bags looked way too small. Unfortunately you can't do Enzo style bags, but that's no biggy. The vinyl is weird. Has a very neat texture to it that is cool but I think hat it would become very difficult to keep clean. At 6'2" I also hit my head on the back edge of the Bimini but could just barely stand upright under the center/tower. The interior is DEEP and quite roomy considering just how big the bow is. All in all, it's a nice boat. Seeing it on the water, my wife even commented on how high it sit even with six people in it. So if that's what you're after, it's just the ticket. I'd still like to see what the boat can do without the stick tab and maybe an A-plate instead. Other than that, I'll just keep my FX22!

• Like 2

gator808    84

Thanks Nasmith! Great review as usual. The wave looks a lot better with that extra weight. I think the reason I am out on this boat is it takes all that extra weight. Even with custom sacks from wake makers I would still need to bring lead into the boat and I don't want to go through that hassle every time.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks Nasmith! Great review as usual. The wave looks a lot better with that extra weight. I think the reason I am out on this boat is it takes all that extra weight. Even with custom sacks from wake makers I would still need to bring lead into the boat and I don't want to go through that hassle every time.

Pssst... FS33. Cough cough.

gator808    84

Pssst... FS33. Cough cough.

Lol, as much as I would love that boat I have come back to my senses and don't want to tie up that much money in a boat. I think for all around use and price point I am probably going with an axis T23. Nassmith is right about the storage with the 238 as well. It's gone when you add the sacs in that boat. There's not even a built in cooler and with my average crew I would like that kind of stuff to be hidden and out of the way. The T23 delivers on that. Also for us goofy guys the axis boats have a really good goofy wave. One day I'll jump on a centurion but for now I just can't comvince myself.

viking    491

Nice writeup Nasmith! The interior really just looks like a tad bigger version of the 226. Sounds like the wave is a bit more finicky though. Typically a bigger boat needs more weight anyway so I'm just peachy happy with my 226.

Did it have the bow tank or did you just throw a sac or lead up there? And why would it not like bow weight? Seems odd............

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Nice writeup Nasmith! The interior really just looks like a tad bigger version of the 226. Sounds like the wave is a bit more finicky though. Typically a bigger boat needs more weight anyway so I'm just peachy happy with my 226.

Did it have the bow tank or did you just throw a sac or lead up there? And why would it not like bow weight? Seems odd............

It did have the bow tank and every time we added bow weight at made it shorter in height and washed it out. It was VERY touchy to tune.

Lak3surf3r    714

Heres a couple pics of it in front of my FS44 just for comparison in size.

post-5679-0-55903000-1439223878_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-46467400-1439223879_thumb.jpg

rockballer    162

Looks allot deeper.... I actually like the look of the deeper boats... Like the G's

Edited by rockballer

DarksideR    1,679

Pretty damn similar in size.

Love the water features you got going there.