chenige

Where/how should I plumb in fill/drain on rear locker bags?

chenige    84

I hooked up a 90 degree 1" quick disconnect to the lower front fill on my locker fly high bags. Due to the angle of the boat bottom and the 90 degree disconnect pushing up the bag there is a lot of water left in the bag. And with the 90 degree disconnect it tilts and sucks in a part of the bag stopping flow.

How should I be plumbing this? Should I be running the hose under the bag to the rear lower port?

daz28iroc    73

i plumbed to rear of boat. doesnt totally empty. leaves maube 3-4 gallons unless u lift bag while emptying. vent line off top front

chenige    84

Do you use a right angle disconnect or a straight?

The fight angle pushes up into the bag and the opening is above the bottom surface and also the upper part of the bag can get sucked onto to it while there is quite a bit of water in it.

A straight would lay flat and get more water but would it put stress on the bag when it is full?

daz28iroc    73

I have 90's, and yes they leak sometimes, I just put a piece of hollow noodle foam under the 90 to prop it up when the bag empties to keep it sucking.

chenige    84

I talked to wakemakers and they said the port is at the corner/edge (did not seem like that to me) and if the hose is coming from the side use a right angle(like at the rear of the locker) and a straight when you are going directly to it(hose coming from rear to bow sac).

The 90 will lay flat on its side.

Edited by chenige

volzalum    280

Post a picture of the bag ports you are talking about. You may be trying to fill on the vent port rather than the fill or drain ports.

chenige    84

Fly high 400 bag. Bottom port.

I will take a look next weekend. I ASSUMED both bottoms were in the same place at the ends.

DarksideR    1,679

Maybe I'm missing something, but this should be a no brainer...

chenige    84

Maybe I was forcing the connector under the bag with a too long, stiff hose.

I keep redoing this thing. I have 2 750 bags coming. Will move one 400 under the port seat and the other one on the seat if my boat can handle it.

volzalum    280

Maybe I was forcing the connector under the bag with a too long, stiff hose.

Does your bag not have a port on one of the small ends rather than into the big side? My bags all had end ports and then ports on the big side. The end is the fill/drain or at least drain, and the big side are the vent and fill ports if using different fill and drain. My bags do not have a hose fitting under the bag.

atk1721    1

Chenige, my pumps are located forward of my bags (toward the bow). I placed my fat sac bags so that the fill/ drain hole is toward the bow end. I originally ordered 90 degree connectors but had to exchange them for straight ones. My bags drain fully because when the water gets near the bottom, the pump pretty much vacuum packs the bags taking all the water and air out. I think what you are saying is that the 90 degree connectors that you have cause a twist at the connection point and when the water gets low it sucks part of the bag which blocks the hose. Hope this helps

chenige    84

I think I have it figured out but will confirm when I see the boat this weekend.

I was forcing the connector under the bag with the stiff 1" hose being too long and going rearward under the bag. Also it seems to suck the bag because I forced the opening flat to the world and the top of the bag comes down on it when almost empty. For some reason I thought the port was under the bag a ways. Hard to tell there is an edge when they are so floppy and there is no seam and I had never seen one before.

I am going to move my pump/manifold to the inside of the port locker divider board because I am putting in 750 bags and they are gonna overfill my little Elite lockers and rub the current position in the locker.

ATK, I was going to run the hose to the rear of the bag but if plumping properly at the front works for you I will leave at front. Just seemed like the locker bottom angled toward the rear.

atk1721    1

I thought that it angled toward the back as well but I called wake makers and they said that it doesn't matter with the impeller pumps when used for draining. They said the angle is not severe enough to make a difference. It works for me but someone with more experience with ballast can say which way is better if you are going to redo it all anyway.