pwarning    5

Everyone,

Will post pics this weekend. I live on a river that fluctuates between 10-15 feet where we surf. We can tell a huge difference when we hit a shallower spot. Right now, our standard setup is a 2008 Enzo with 3-4 people in the back of the boat with an enzo sac filled. I've tried adding bags on the seats but hate having ballast showing. I've read a lot about assymetrical plates but don't want to do anything that will affect the boat at all speeds as we like to wakeboard and slalom behind the boat as well. Starboard side still has stock, hard tank. Any advice for getting the wave better. It's certainly better than our 1997 MC with fat sacs but there are way too many great pictures and videos here of long waves with tons of push to not be jealous.

Second question: what upgrades do you suggest: it has a tower (no speakers which I am OK with) and standard stereo system, PP, ballast puppy pump sac and extra small pumps to increase speed of emptying the ballast. The ballast takes about 10-15 minutes to fill completely. Fuel gauge is not working and the floor above the tank is screwed in (I can't believe they didn't use bolts!!!) so that is my next project to fix. I don't like the tower, takes at least 2 people and blocks the side of the boat for getting on and off at the lift.

Lot's of info here but I am sure everyone can agree that as soon as you buy a boat, you want to make it absolutely perfect!

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Troy    234

Welcome to the crew!

We have a Avy, and the A-plate does mess with my wakeboard wake a bit but not much. I haven't had mine up to slalom speeds so I can't make comment on that.

What side to do you surf? I think the A-plate just helps with the dark side (goofy).

What Tower is on the boat?

RhuntIII    555

I really don't think you can do anything about the shallow water except... Ride it out. 10' + water should be all you need.

• Like 1

chadr    328

Everyone,

Will post pics this weekend. I live on a river that fluctuates between 10-15 feet where we surf. We can tell a huge difference when we hit a shallower spot. Right now, our standard setup is a 2008 Enzo with 3-4 people in the back of the boat with an enzo sac filled. I've tried adding bags on the seats but hate having ballast showing. I've read a lot about assymetrical plates but don't want to do anything that will affect the boat at all speeds as we like to wakeboard and slalom behind the boat as well. Starboard side still has stock, hard tank. Any advice for getting the wave better. It's certainly better than our 1997 MC with fat sacs but there are way too many great pictures and videos here of long waves with tons of push to not be jealous.

Second question: what upgrades do you suggest: it has a tower (no speakers which I am OK with) and standard stereo system, PP, ballast puppy pump sac and extra small pumps to increase speed of emptying the ballast. The ballast takes about 10-15 minutes to fill completely. Fuel gauge is not working and the floor above the tank is screwed in (I can't believe they didn't use bolts!!!) so that is my next project to fix. I don't like the tower, takes at least 2 people and blocks the side of the boat for getting on and off at the lift.

Lot's of info here but I am sure everyone can agree that as soon as you buy a boat, you want to make it absolutely perfect!

Thanks in advance!

You probably have the Skylon Double up Tower on the 2008. Does it have 4 connection points?

surf moocher    127

You probably have the Skylon Double up Tower on the 2008. Does it have 4 connection points?

I thought most Enzos had the Evolution tower in 2008?

• Like 1

chadr    328

I thought most Enzos had the Evolution tower in 2008?

I know that mine has Skylon racks. I figured it was the Double Up! Someone tell me that I am wrong! I would like to know also. Where do you find out?

surf moocher    127

My 2007 has the Evo tower.

post-826-0-49331700-1437603366_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

chadr    328

Mine is the same one. Duly noted!

"Note to self: you have the EVO Tower"

• Like 1

pwarning    5

Thank you. I have not been able to figure this out. I do have the double up with bimini. Does the Evo fold flat?

pwarning    5

I surf regular, port side.

how big of Enzo sac do you have does it go all the way down the port sideunder the seats