Sign in to follow this  
Skibumm

Wet sounds Rev 8 coming lose

Skibumm    184

My Rev 8s clamps keep coming lose. Anyone else have this? I have tightened them a few times each. Should I use locktite on them? If so blue or red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truekaotik    458

Blue

Wylie_Tunes    146

Are these the tube style clamps and its the pair of bolts that put the two halves together.

1) make sure you've got the the right length bolt and not too long. This causes the bolt to bottom in the lower half.

2) are the rubber protectors in good shape. Make sure they are not compressed, oozing out or torn.

3) rather then loc-tite, i prefer to use an anti-seize on the threads AND the shoulder of the bolt. This allows for proper tightening of the bolt without damaging the threads due to friction.

Skibumm    184

I have the smallest bolt that came with the clamps about 1 1/2 inches they are not bottomed out by any means as I checked and the longest barely bottom out. I think that what happened is that the rubber compressed a bit as they are pretty new and just needed to be snugged up. I will keep an eye on them though.

Thanks Everyone

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

I use the blue loc tight on the tips of the swivel bolt. Some work fine without and some need it so I just do them all now. As for the clamps themselves, graphite works well...